Sign in to follow this  
loleetah

Lana's Broadway Musical: Discussion/Hopes

Wow, I have been saying this for years...

Each of her albums could be a separate show and she could do it, however...

​as for Lynch- problem is, I  have come to realize Lynch has NO water and Lana is redeemed (or cleansed) by water and while they are inhabit the same universe they are parallel (and that would also mean relegating control and Elizabeth should have the big credit (ala Elton Lion King)

​It would need NEW songs specifically for the production. And Broadway professionals to not have happen what happened to 

​Paul Simon's Capeman.

​and I would want all songs to be great songs (as hers always are), like the older musicals written by Irving Berlin or Rogers & Hammerstein(or Hart).

​Andrew Lloyd Webber always writes ONE or two great songs, but c'mon there is a lot of filler in his musicals.

(like Sunset Blvd.)(which the movie was the inspiration for Mulholland Drive)

​as I ©G4A) wrote "Somewhere between Mulholland Drive and Sunset blvd lies Honeymoon)©g4a   however, a musical on Honeymoon

​has no background of why Honeymoon existed (the battle for the soul between Elizabeth and Lana

But Coachella the Musical would be fantastic. (When is she going to sing it live?(at Coachella?)

and perhaps a play/musical about the empowerment of women

or how about Michelle Obama the Musical with words and music by Elizabeth Grant & Lin-Manuel Miranda

Lana should join the EGOT club one of these days in the future

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

*inner theatre geek squeals with delight* I would love that!!! Right now is such a great time since musicals such as In The Heights, Hamilton, and Dear Evan Hansen have been exploring outside of the traditional Broadway sound. I really think that Lana would bring a masterpiece to the table. :smile2:

I

Wow, I have been saying this for years...

Each of her albums could be a separate show and she could do it, however...

​as for Lynch- problem is, I  have come to realize Lynch has NO water and Lana is redeemed (or cleansed) by water and while they are inhabit the same universe they are parallel (and that would also mean relegating control and Elizabeth should have the big credit (ala Elton Lion King)

​It would need NEW songs specifically for the production. And Broadway professionals to not have happen what happened to 

​Paul Simon's Capeman.

​and I would want all songs to be great songs (as hers always are), like the older musicals written by Irving Berlin or Rogers & Hammerstein(or Hart).

​Andrew Lloyd Webber always writes ONE or two great songs, but c'mon there is a lot of filler in his musicals.

(like Sunset Blvd.)(which the movie was the inspiration for Mulholland Drive)

​as I ©G4A) wrote "Somewhere between Mulholland Drive and Sunset blvd lies Honeymoon)©g4a   however, a musical on Honeymoon

​has no background of why Honeymoon existed (the battle for the soul between Elizabeth and Lana

But Coachella the Musical would be fantastic. (When is she going to sing it live?(at Coachella?)

and perhaps a play/musical about the empowerment of women

or how about Michelle Obama the Musical with words and music by Elizabeth Grant & Lin-Manuel Miranda

Lana should join the EGOT club one of these days in the future

I love all your posts but sorry, your Honeymoon theory is the most unrealistic thing I've read about it :/ Your thoughts are always so interesting I'm actually shocked you came up with something so... cheesy? idk

As long as it sounds like Honeymoon or is based on Honeymoon, I'm here for it. (jk here for it no matter what if she can ever get it to fruition) 

On the flipside

Something like The Love Witch. Dark, cult vibes, a mix of hippie and glamorous.

Also, if she is to be part of it, I'd hope it would be some kind of bar scene performance where she's just singing and putting everyone in a trance, and then all their drinks are spiked with LSD

Something like The Love Witch. Dark, cult vibes, a mix of hippie and glamorous.

Also, if she is to be part of it, I'd hope it would be some kind of bar scene performance where she's just singing and putting everyone in a trance, and then all their drinks are spiked with LSD

a concept!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I feel as though the story will be a tragedy. It seems that she was approached by others who wrote the story to write the music so we can assume it's, you know, the type of story you would think of Lana for. Maybe the story of the downfall of a starlet or something like that? 

Also I know you guys are posting celebs you think could play Lana but lets be real Sara Paulson is not going to be a Broadway actress anytime soon lol. And in regards to the musical they wouldn't be playing her anyways

I wonder what Lana thinks about the gays messing with her picture like this... the poor girl was almost suid by radiohead, had her private photo's leak and was almost kidnapped at one of her own shows... and NOW THIS. Tough month Liz :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wonder what Lana thinks about the gays messing with her picture like this... the poor girl was almost suid by radiohead, had her private photo's leak and was almost kidnapped at one of her own shows... and NOW THIS. Tough month Liz :(

Huh? I think you posted on the wrong thread