Sign in to follow this  
Candy Galore

Armed teacher in custody after report of shots fired at high school

An armed teacher who fired his weapon at a Georgia high school was in custody Wednesday afternoon. No students at Dalton High School were hurt directly in the incident or remained in danger after they were evacuated as the crisis unfolded, Dalton police tweeted. The teacher — identified as Randall Davidson, 53 — initially barricaded himself in an empty classroom at about 11:30 a.m. ET as confused students tried to get in, Dalton police spokesman Bruce Frazier said at a news conference. There were then reports that a gun was fired. Davidson, a social studies teacher, surrendered after 30 to 45 minutes, police said. Frazier confirmed that at least one shot was fired after a principal used a key to try and get into the barricaded classroom. A bullet had gone through an exterior window of the room, but it didn't appear Davidson was aiming at any person, Frazier added. It was unclear what led the teacher to lock himself inside the classroom. "It certainly didn't seem like he had any intention to harm anyone," Frazier said. Officials were trying to determine if Davidson's handgun was in the classroom while he was teaching earlier in the day or if he brought it in afterwards. A school resource officer is also assigned to Dalton High School, which is about 90 miles north of Atlanta and has about 2,000 students, according to its website. It was not immediately known where the officer was positioned at the time. One female student who ran from the scene suffered an ankle injury, Dalton police tweeted. Charges against Davidson were pending. He is also known in the community for doing the play-by-plays for the Dalton High School football team. The incident comes two weeks after the mass shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school that claimed 17 lives. President Donald Trump proposed a solution to end classroom massacres by arming some of America's teachers with concealed weapons — a suggestion that has gotten push back from educators and students across the country.

Source: National Broadcasting Company News

I wonder how POTUS will react to this after he suggested some teachers should have concealed weapons.  :toofunny:

Just take away their weapons, lol all Americans are crazy enough to kill each other 24/7, you all will never learn until something big happens.

The United States from America suffered from so many major school shootings that you'd expect that it would already be big enough to change the whole idea about gun ownership in the US. I live in Europe and I can't even remember the first time touching or seeing a gun in public and in my country, posessing a weapon is a very hard process. If you have certain illnesses and disabilities, you won't be able to get a gun. They also check if you store your gun properly and you can only legally use it at a shooting range. The US conservatives (and people who think it's OK to own guns) have blood on their hands.

I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not.

It's kind of tragic in a way that a first world country values an inanimate object rights over the safety of there children. American society as a whole is truly fucked up in the head...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

America is like a big dumb jock who failed school and now lives in his mothers basement and jerks off all day to his gun collection

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wonder how POTUS will react to this after he suggested some teachers should have concealed weapons.  :toofunny:

Well, he already suggested that teachers should carry guns in order to protect their students, so obviously now his suggestion will be that students should carry guns as well in order to protect themselves from their teachers.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think this incident is good, it'll immediately shut down the stupid fucking bill to strap teachers. Better now than later.

Guns need to be eradicated completely.

​The post millennials are showing what I always thought- it is happening organically, no laws are even needed

​just because some small boys need large toys and having a Republican Slush fund speaking loudly (but having very few members,

​just illegal money funneled)

​and of course, trump spewing lines to divert from the serious and now proven facts against him and his illegitimate coup of America

​No there are no two sides to this.

​There would be zero shootings if there were zero guns.

​Guns and Jesus never saved anyone.

Reclassify the lobby group to be a terrorist org.

​Do a money trail

​audit them

​teachers should teach

​and how many more kids would die if teachers having a bad day had a gun and what if a kid got the gun 

​and of course, racism...

​what happens when a black teacher shoots someone with a gun

and the cops come in

​in the USA, cops shoot to kill blacks, they would shoot to kill the teacher first ask questions later.

​and why does the paranoid obsessive gun owner count more than the vast population and all the kids in the world?

​and btw, why is pence yammering on about abolishing abortion now? Seems to be a diversion too.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Guns need to be eradicated completely.

​The post millennials are showing what I always thought- it is happening organically, no laws are even needed

​just because some small boys need large toys and having a Republican Slush fund speaking loudly (but having very few members,

​just illegal money funneled)

​and of course, trump spewing lines to divert from the serious and now proven facts against him and his illegitimate coup of America

​No there are no two sides to this.

​There would be zero shootings if there were zero guns.

​Guns and Jesus never saved anyone.

Reclassify the lobby group to be a terrorist org.

​Do a money trail

​audit them

​teachers should teach

​and how many more kids would die if teachers having a bad day had a gun and what if a kid got the gun 

​and of course, racism...

​what happens when a black teacher shoots someone with a gun

and the cops come in

​in the USA, cops shoot to kill blacks, they would shoot to kill the teacher first ask questions later.

​and why does the paranoid obsessive gun owner count more than the vast population and all the kids in the world?

​and btw, why is pence yammering on about abolishing abortion now? Seems to be a diversion too.

Graham just spilled the tea heavy

just take away their weapons, lol all americans have are crazy enough to kill each other 24/7 you all will never learn until something big happens

20 elementary schoolers were shot and killed 5 years ago. A Congressman was shot playing baseball less than a year ago. At this point, I'm convinced that the event itself doesn't matter; nothing is going to change until those representing us in our government change.

giphy-1.gif 

I live in Europe and I can't even remember the first time touching or seeing a gun in public and in my country, posessing a weapon is a very hard process.

Same, the only time I've seen real guns was after the terror attack in Stockholm when the police officers were heavily armed. It was really scary to see them in real life, even though I knew they were there for my safety. It's something you've only seen in movies before.

I can't believe some people actually have guns unless they're hunters... and that video clip that went viral of the girl who sobbed happy tears when she got a weapon as a present... I'm shivering! It's so weird that something I see as scary and dangerous can be seen as something wonderful in another person's eyes.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Same, the only time I've seen real guns was after the terror attack in Stockholm when the police officers were heavily armed. It was really scary to see them in real life, even though I knew they were there for my safety. It's something you've only seen in movies before. I can't believe some people actually have guns unless they're hunters... and that video clip that went viral of the girl who sobbed happy tears when she got a weapon as a present... I'm shivering! It's so weird that something I see as scary and dangerous can be seen as something wonderful in another person's eyes.

Yes, now that you mentioned it, I can remember seeing armed military police at the biggest airport in the Netherlands. I think even hunting shouldn't be allowed - it's so cruel to murder animals just for fun. And yes, it is strange someone would cry because they get a weapon. Well.. Americans, huh? (I assume she's North American based on the story, but you never know I guess.)  :toofunny: