Sign in to follow this  
lanaaddict

Glad Lana performs with the album-like instrumentals again

I don't know whether this really bothered anyone else, but throughout Lana's career so far, she *mainly* would perform her live sets with a more acoustic feel or a general arrangement that was nothing like the album(s) production (think iTunes festival 2012).

However lately, in the live performances and fan videos etc, she is doing the tracks as I personally like them performed...like the studio/album style. For example High By The Beach, West Coast, Cherry, Lust For Life etc.

It really bugs me when artists try and strip down or completely change the flow of the songs you expect to hear. It's extremely jarring!

I LOVE the more rock version of body electric with that solo at the end  :cumming:

And Honeymoon with the band  :crying4:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

i totally disagree. we already have an album version, and for some songs we have 10,000 performances of them. i love when lana switches it up and imo, her voice is made to go with some sexy, wailing guitars. my biggest problem is that i wish she'd ditch the backing tracks (or at least have them lower or actually sung by her backup dancers). her voice is so light and airy that a stripped back performance would really allow it to shine. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

I'm not sure about this..I mean yeah i love the studio versions with the rich instrumentals but i think some of her songs don't work good live like 13 beaches for example..it could sound better stripped

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...