Elle

Happiness is a Butterfly

"The butterfly, throughout ages and cultures, is an inspirational metaphor for complete metamorphosis because of its impressively intricate phases of change as it transforms itself from egg to caterpillar to chrysalis and finally to breathtakingly beautiful butterfly."

Another Get Free link??? Completing the transition out the black and into the blue?

tbh I don't care if I'm reaching, our queen can be sloppy af sometimes but I have faith that she is ALWAYS thinking one step ahead music-wise

giphy-1.gif 

"The butterfly, throughout ages and cultures, is an inspirational metaphor for complete metamorphosis because of its impressively intricate phases of change as it transforms itself from egg to caterpillar to chrysalis and finally to breathtakingly beautiful butterfly."

Another Get Free link??? Completing the transition out the black and into the blue?

tbh I don't care if I'm reaching, our queen can be sloppy af sometimes but I have faith that she is ALWAYS thinking one step ahead music-wise

I don't know, I feel like she's kind of taking a step back from the out of the black-into the blue idea. This song literally seems to be about happiness escaping from her. Maybe it's her way of being honest and reflecting on the fickle and fragile nature of happiness, and she's realising the tone she set forth in GF may have been a bit too ambitious.  :oprah3:

But we'll see once we get the full lyrics.

i really like it! She has a way of just putting in words how i feel at the moment. This is my exact vision of happiness. I also got a little «Religion» (the song from HM) vibes in the melody. I am excited to hear this new project :)

i really like it! She has a way of just putting in words how i feel at the moment. This is my exact vision of happiness. I also got a little Religion vibes in the melody. I am excited to hear this new project :)

you mean the song or?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ummm I'm probably looking too much into this, but: "Get Free" and "Happiness Is a Butterfly" seem to have a similar idea, especially based on what Lana commented on Insta: "don't try too hard to catch it ... just dance until it finds u"

For all my birds of paradise

Who never got to fly at night 'cause they were caught up in the dance

[...]

There's no more chasing rainbows

And hoping for an end to them

Their arches are illusions, solid at first glance

But then you try to touch them

There's nothing to hold onto

Don't get caught up in chasing "happiness" (aka rainbows or butterflies) or illusions of happiness, (fame, wealth, popularity, relationships, etc.). Just live your life and what's meant to come, will come when it's supposed to.

I love her. :crying4:

And I love you. Praise that connection

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

what if the song is for the movie?

I thought this for a second but I don’t think any director would let her sing that tour life line, it’s too specific. But didn’t she have a meeting with those people from Disney? So we might have a soundtrack song coming out either way!

Lana's inspiration for this song

Yy644mJ.png

I prefer this tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif