Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

and with some harder and heavier guitars too...unlike the tamed ones in TNC and get free, the weird spanish fiesta salsa quinceanera baila ones in GBA and the almost non-existent ones in cherry :toofunny: And also drums...PURE DRUMS. None of that trap beats or hip hop beats shit. Now I'm not saying I hate her trap beats or hip hop beats because on born to die and Honeymoon they were executed heavenly...but on LFL...not so much.  :eek:  Drums would be 10 times better, at least for me

LDR6 must have a collab with Raini Rodriguez 

ugh but she's not 50. its like she completely burned out in a little more than half a decade. Shakira and Beyonce have been doing this for more than 20 years and they're both still hugely successful and still have high stamina and ambition like....... lana pick it up sis

No shade to them (I'm a fan of both), but Lana is an artist and they are entertainers. It's different. It's easier for artists to burn out because they need to be really inspired/obsessed to create great art. If you listen to BTD, Paradise, and UV it's clear Lana is fascinated by similar themes in all of them that she kept returning to and examining from different angles. Fame, drugs, money, success, pain, loneliness, shallowness, degradation, beauty... But I think after making these albums, she kind of said all she had to say on those subjects and lost her 'spark' as a result. Or maybe she stopped believing in whatever she believed in her early years that inspired her. I think now she is just creating music because she likes to, rather than serving any real artistic vision that drives her anymore.

giphy.gif

Why does everyone hate C-WIMM? I think it’s a very good song and I like the trap beats

Lyrics and vocals ok, the production is really bad. It's my opinion.

and with some harder and heavier guitars too...unlike the tamed ones in TNC and get free, the weird spanish fiesta salsa quinceanera baila ones in GBA and the almost non-existent ones in cherry :toofunny: And also drums...PURE DRUMS. None of that trap beats or hip hop beats shit. Now I'm not saying I hate her trap beats or hip hop beats because on born to die and Honeymoon they were executed heavenly...but on LFL...not so much. :eek: Drums would be 10 times better, at least for me

So agree with u

your opinion about it does not matter to me :whatever:

I wanna get this tattooed

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

marina should produce ldr6

and have it turn out like froot? no mam

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I want the Florence and Marina collab :kiss:

That's fine, just keep Lana out of it :creep:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Alright, but I hope we get an actual boxset that's similar to UV's or Paradise's (or even better, a mix of both).

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I should produce LDR6

OK so I know I've said before that Ultraviolence is my least favorite album by Lana, but nothing she's done has ever topped how exciting listening to cruel world was for the first time. I would kill to get that kind of moment on LDR6. The release of Ultraviolence in general was exciting for me, because it was released in the beginning of summer. It was hot as hell where I lived, and the music really fit that. Especially Cruel World, Guns and Roses, Florida Kilos, and Shades of Cool. Cruel World has that same feel when you listen to some classic album for the first time. The opening is insane. I think it's partially because Cruel World wasn't a single, so you had no idea what this 6 minute opener was going to sound like (unless you listened to the leaks). I want Lana to do THAT on LDR6. I don't care if critics call it vapid or whatever. I want something exciting.

tl;dr - I want Lana to do something intense and exciting