Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

OK so I know I've said before that Ultraviolence is my least favorite album by Lana, but nothing she's done has ever topped how exciting listening to cruel world was for the first time. I would kill to get that kind of moment on LDR6. The release of Ultraviolence in general was exciting for me, because it was released in the beginning of summer. It was hot as hell where I lived, and the music really fit that. Especially Cruel World, Guns and Roses, Florida Kilos, and Shades of Cool. Cruel World has that same feel when you listen to some classic album for the first time. The opening is insane. I think it's partially because Cruel World wasn't a single, so you had no idea what this 6 minute opener was going to sound like (unless you listened to the leaks). I want Lana to do THAT on LDR6. I don't care if critics call it vapid or whatever. I want something exciting.

tl;dr - I want Lana to do something intense and exciting

I'm just gonna pretend i didnt read what you said about Ultraviolence but THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED FOR LDR6. I need Cruel World/Heroin/The Blackest Day type song that have that “wow” factor..... that would be a perfect album

OK so I know I've said before that Ultraviolence is my least favorite album by Lana, but nothing she's done has ever topped how exciting listening to cruel world was for the first time. I would kill to get that kind of moment on LDR6. The release of Ultraviolence in general was exciting for me, because it was released in the beginning of summer. It was hot as hell where I lived, and the music really fit that. Especially Cruel World, Guns and Roses, Florida Kilos, and Shades of Cool. Cruel World has that same feel when you listen to some classic album for the first time. The opening is insane. I think it's partially because Cruel World wasn't a single, so you had no idea what this 6 minute opener was going to sound like (unless you listened to the leaks). I want Lana to do THAT on LDR6. I don't care if critics call it vapid or whatever. I want something exciting.

I love Untraviolence but it isn't my favorite album either, and I completely agree with what you've said about Cruel World. It took me a few listens to appreciate UV as a whole but those first few seconds of CW I was fucking hooked on immediately. I got a little bit of this with Heroin when the first 'IT'S FUCKING HOT' comes in but not with the same intensity 

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

4 more shows to go...I really think we’ll hear news soon

I hope she announces whatever it is right after the tour is over, so there will still be a lot of hype around, but it won't be too much. I thought it was annoying that she announced honeymoon right in the middle of the endless summer tour, and she pretty much did the same thing for ultraviolence.

The first time I heard Cruel World, it felt like I had found an old vinyl by an unknown female singer from the late sixties. It was just incredible. 

I hope she announces whatever it is right after the tour is over, so there will still be a lot of hype around, but it won't be too much. I thought it was annoying that she announced honeymoon right in the middle of the endless summer tour, and she pretty much did the same thing for ultraviolence.

I expect her to sing an acapella snippet of the new single and announce the title of the album, probably on the 20th, on the last day of the tour. Like she did with HM. 

It makes me sad that Lana still won't do any live TV, she has a great personality and I'd have loved to see her on some talk shows to promote LFL. I know the SNL backlash really got to her, but I guess she still hasn't shaken it

snl is not the reason she‘s not doing anything. she pulled through during the whole btd and paradise era, then we got a televised glastonbury show for uv. she literally went on letterman the day after snl.

she avoided big us shows after snl but the us never really cared for her anyway.

i76mrxw.png 

i want an album that sounds like this. @@Lana let yer fans produce yer next album.

http://picosong.com/wepNu/

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

The problem with UV being initially announced for a release on May 1st and being delayed came from... working with Dan Auerbach. UV was slated to be released on May 1st, but the Black Keys were releasing an album on the exact same date. So, in order to have a #1 album and in order to not be in the way of Lana's producer's other project, it was pushed back to June. 

she'll probably sing new stuff on the last tour date like the did with the ES tour and Honeymoon,

except it seems like she's been singing bits of Bartender before she sings White Mustang

I just love how mysterious she is most of the time... She sang that new intro for White Mustang and did not comment on what it was, if it was just a new intro or if it was indeed bits of Bartender (or an entire new song whatsoever). And as the weeks go by, we finally get it as new info emerges. 

I'm just gonna pretend i didnt read what you said about Ultraviolence but THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED FOR LDR6. I need Cruel World/Heroin/The Blackest Day type songs..... that would be a perfect album

LANA, IF YOU'RE READING THIS... :defeated:

Why does everyone hate C-WIMM? I think it’s a very good song and I like the trap beats

I honestly love the song! Since day one tbh

But the beats are unnecessarily loud. All the dreamy instrumentals and soft vocals, and bam the loud ass beats just turn me off. The trap beats are the worst decision on the song! Imagine a version with much softer beats ;_;

Nothing she's done has ever topped how exciting listening to cruel world was for the first time

I remember dancing in the kitchen like crazy hearing Cruel World for the first time, it set the mood for the album so perfectly  :defeated:

Born To Die the track does that too. It really makes you excited for what's to come with the rest of the record and sucks you into its lyrical world. You can't look away throughout the entire album solely because of the opening track if that makes sense.

Love is very cute but it lacks that power imo

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Everything on LFL would have sounded CLASSIC if there were real drum beats instead of dumb garage band trap

I guess the demos probably have a more classic sound than the final versions

Am I really the only one here who loved her bangs?

Yes, you are

She needs to work with someone who can craft a sound as good as Dan Auerbach did on UV. Thats the only thing I want from her next output- a legendary soundscape like UV has.

Hoping Jack Antonoff is that person