Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Paradise is like that girl in school  who's so good at everything that everyone else undermines her...

The whole era was on point from her looks, videos etc People forget on here how great and well executed it was to, not a single fuck up was made during the campaign and don't get me started on the aesthetics either :defeated:

What a time to be alive back then tbh.

this aesthetic was so beautiful 7wWWNZV.jpg

sgopYhV.gif

American in my one two punch at the time was Ride/Paradise and my favorite song on Paradise, and I always from day one have pictured Barack Obama as being who she was singing about

(and Like being Like as in a facebook like).

and on Ride, she is refering to Gram Parsons & the Byrds while flying down the highway blasting the music on her satelite radio show (of which there was one)

(it is not birds it is BYRDS)

Paradise was an album that kept giving and giving in which songs I appreciate more later on (like gods and monsters)

also how it was a concept album of staid girl, bored girl taking the journey from heaven to hell on her road trip from NY to LA and the gods and monsters

that were lined up in Hollywood USA

after which Ultraviolence was the horror not realized of seeking fame (nightmare)

leading into the battle between Elizabeth and Lana, of which Lana now is a mere part of after Elizabeth won the battle

as it lead to Lust for Life.

(and 13 beaches expanding on the emotional/physical rape of High by the beach) 

remember 2/3 of every song is one thing, 1/3 is something else

One thing that is amazing is that both Isabella's and Lana's version of Blue Velvet is so much better than Bobby Vinton's sweet blue velvet.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Considering there’s no one song I dislike on both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, it’s shocking I only listen to 4 songs (13 Beaches, Cherry, White Mustang and Heroin) out of 16 on Lust For Life.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Paradise is her worst release to date, wyd...

You can hate on LFL all you want, but it doesn't take away that it's a fantastic summer album and Parasite still has Cola, Blue Velvet, Body Electric and Yayo that are all a stain on her discography. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

You can hate on LFL all you want, but it doesn't take away that it's a fantastic summer album and Parasite still has Cola, Blue Velvet, Body Electric and Yayo that are all a stain on her discography. 

I've never seen anything so homophobic. 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Girl stepped on my toe with them fucking bad opinions bitch disgusting

if you dont get the reference bye

yuck 

I love how Lust For Life (the song) was released a year ago the other day but no one mentioned it because it was THAT irrelevant :hottie: :eartha: :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

So I have this little cute idea for ldr6: the album could start where Get Free ends, with the sounds of the ocean and the birds.... then, only silence with some birds, and more birds. Then, a lonely violin hitting the string with strength, as if it’s warming up the orchestra for the concert... then, a whole orchestra starts playing and then (after a long long intro) Lana starts to sing a 7 minutes song full of rage and passion

Considering there’s no one song I dislike on both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, it’s shocking I only listen to 4 songs (13 Beaches, Cherry, White Mustang and Heroin) out of 16 on Lust For Life.

Tbh even my least favourite from previous albums are more listenable than the best from LFL :crossed:

It's so boring how people say "I want the old Lana back" "Her new music sucks" etc...

I hope she releases a full album of songs like "Change" just to make you suffer :)

It's so boring how people say "I want the old Lana back" "Her new music sucks" etc...

I hope she releases a full album of songs like "Change" just to make you suffer :)

Even the people that like LFL Lana will be turning in their stan cards at that point but go off

I’m telling y’all, she should turn Honeymoon into its own series. A collection of (experimental) albums with a main focus on the cinematic part of her sound.

Honeymoon: Volume II with a big-orchestral setting and lots of strings and brass.. #LeakLoveDemo

:pray2:

So I have this little cute idea for ldr6: the album could start where Get Free ends, with the sounds of the ocean and the birds.... then, only silence with some birds, and more birds. Then, a lonely violin hitting the string with strength, as if it’s warming up the orchestra for the concert... then, a whole orchestra starts playing and then (after a long long intro) Lana starts to sing a 7 minutes song full of rage and passion

your mind :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

There’s actually something like this! Unfortunately not on a Lana album but The Second Law by Muse features this beautiful orchestral interlude before it transitions back into a more intense track

https://youtu.be/OhOUCC-XfAg :defeated:

->

https://youtu.be/UcOUJM08bYk

Not sure if this is how you imagined it but

Dan Heath wya

I don't hate lust for life, i actually really love it - but if she goes back to making big cinematic orchestral music or heavy rock for LDR6; Lust for Life will be laughable in her discography compared to it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

There’s actually something like this! Unfortunately not on a Lana album but The Second Law by Muse features this beautiful orchestral interlude before it transitions back into a more intense track

https://youtu.be/OhOUCC-XfAg :defeated:

->

https://youtu.be/UcOUJM08bYk

Not sure if this is how you imagined it but

Dan Heath wya

Thank you for the recommendation! I didn’t know this song

i hope u choke

speaking of Burnt Norton-

I was thinking out of the box, to kill the concept of time altogether in regards to the life cycle of a poet/songwriter/singer past norm

what to me personally would be really great is-

a brand new album every month of every year forward

compose it add the music production release it

no publicity, no waste of time extraneous stuff, just the thoughts, compositions, albums and don't worry about charts or sales

(in reference, I think back to Stephen King and how 22 years ago, he delighted the world with "The Green Mile" in its originally release

6 months 1 92 page chapter in a 6 chapter book released each month...I remember June July August running to the store to get the (paperback as it was originally released) and all 3 days were sunny warm and beautiful and taking a float into the lake and reading the entire 92 pages in a couple of hours

at the end of the day, all that matters is the output.  (because next time there is a bad song, would mark the very first time there was a bad song by her. She has never had one).

======================================================================================================

STEPHEN KING'S THE GREEN MILE-

======================================================================================================

The Green Mile was first published in six low-priced paperback volumes. The first, subtitled The Two Dead Girls was published on March 28, 1996, with new volumes following monthly until the final volume, Coffey on the Mile, was released on August 29, 1996. The novel was republished as a single paperback volume on May 5, 1997. On October 3, 2000, the book was published in its first hardcover edition (ISBN 978-0743210898). In 2007, Subterranean Press released a 10th anniversary edition of the novel in three different versions, each mimicking the original six-volume release: the Gift Edition, limited to 2,000 copies, containing six unsigned hardcover volumes of each separate part, housed in a slipcase; the Limited Edition, limited to 148 numbered copies, and signed by Stephen King, housed in a slipcase; and the Lettered Edition, limited to 52 lettered copies, and signed by Stephen King, housed in a traycase. Every edition contained new illustrations by Mark Geyer, the novel's original illustrator. Each version had its own design, and cost $150, $900, and $2,500, respectively.[1] There were other versions published as well, including a "pocketbook" sized hardcover by Paw Prints (ISBN 9781439182789).[2]

Note- for reference- these are the original dates "The Green Mile" was released chapter by chapter...

from wiki-

The Two Dead Girls March 28, 1996 92 pp ISBN 978-0451190499

The Mouse on the Mile April 25, 1996 96 pp ISBN 978-0451190529

Coffey's Hands May 30, 1996 96 pp ISBN 978-0451190543

The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix June 27, 1996 96 pp ISBN 978-0451190550

Night Journey July 25, 1996 96 pp ISBN 978-0451190567

Coffey on the Mile August 29, 1996 144 pp ISBN 978-0451190574

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp