Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

oh wow they're clearly more into Dua Lipa now

She’s HUGE internationally and became that way very quickly...it makes sense. And she actually does promo and has multiple radio hits.

Lana’s very niche and established her ‘rabid’ fan base. She doesn’t want to do promo and hasn’t made pop and radio friendly music in a while. There isn’t much her management can do if she doesn’t want to do promo.

We will see what direction Dua’s career will go in the future but it makes sense her management is focusing on her right now.

lana could have been one of the most successful artists of this decade.

she inspired everyone (Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Adele, etc.) if it wasn't for her, music videos and aesthetics would be dead. its just that she just doesn't want to be a big star, if she did, she would do promo and not half ass everything.

she just wants to be low-key meanwhile dua wants to be big

there's nothing ed and ben can do if lana literally declines or rejects most of the opportunities she could get. 

we're literally happy whenever we get one more festival date added to her list of shows she likes to call "a tour".

i76mrxw.png 

she inspired everyone (Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Adele, etc.) if it wasn't for her, music videos and aesthetics would be dead. its just that she just doesn't want to be a big star, if she did, she would do promo and not half ass everything.

she just wants to be low-key meanwhile dua wants to be big

Yes!! Sometimes I want for her some more recognition but then I know she is herself and she’s in her happy place where she wants to be.

giphy.gif

she already is compared to the majority of musicians. BTD alone is more successful than the majority of albums released in the 2010s - 7 million pure copies and over 10 million with SEA/TEA

in terms of singles success, songs from UV and HM were never going to be big hits no matter how hard they got pushed. 

on top of that her work since UV has been acclaimed, she's been nominated and won major awards, #1 albums etc.

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Guys, what happened to that movie of Elvis ? Wasn’t the premiere on the 22nd?

yeah, @ saw it and said they just used 1 min of Elvis in it and there's no plans for a soundtrack release  :rip:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I sometimes lay awake at night and think of all the songs that Lana has recorded that we've never ever heard and probably never will and its super depressing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana Del Rey is playing in her own league.

Here’s a little example:

Show someone title X by artist X, and they won’t be able to recognize them later on on the radio, unless it’s the same song.

Show them one song by Lana, and they’ll recognize her voice whenever they hear it, whether it’s a ballad or an upbeat song.

This example also applies to several other artists, e.g. Amy Winehouse.

It’s obvious that their management is praising Duo Lingo. She’s young, she’s energetic, she does everything they want her to do. Ergo, they love her because she’s making them rich. It’s that simple.

I highly doubt that their praises are based on her pure talent, but rather based on her ability to sell her music.

She deserves the success since she’s working hard at such a young age, but let’s be realistic here and stick to facts which are she won’t be a name in a few years like many other artists of her kind.

https://youtu.be/eP4eqhWc7sI

https://youtu.be/AcVQJJoD45w

https://youtu.be/tBwoRviPvVw

bottom line is her managers only care about dua because they payola'd her until she got big so now their focus is hardly on lana.

Groupie Love is a stretch, it’s a little slow for today’s radio. But yeah maybe LFL and SB. But 1) she didn’t do promo besides the radio 1 release (and she phoned in for SB, can’t remember if she was live for LFL) and 2) they still aren’t as pop driven as One Kiss or New Rules are (formualated for radio specifically).

If she put in more effort, (maybe a dope music video) SB definitely could’ve been on the radio.

Lana Del Rey is playing in her own league.

Here’s a little example:

Show someone title X by artist X, and they won’t be able to recognize them later on on the radio, unless it’s the same song.

Show them one song by Lana, and they’ll recognize her voice whenever they hear it, whether it’s a ballad or an upbeat song.

This example also applies to several other artists, e.g. Amy Winehouse.

It’s obvious that their management is praising Duo Lingo. She’s young, she’s energetic, she does everything they want her to do. Ergo, they love her because she’s making them rich. It’s that simple.

I highly doubt that their praises are based on her pure talent, but rather based on her ability to sell her music.

She deserves the success since she’s working hard at such a young age, but let’s be realistic here and stick to facts which are she won’t be a name in a few years like many other artists of her kind.

I had a Lana Pandora station shuffled in with everyone else's at my last job. Some people warmed up to her, a lot didn't, but everyone knew when it was her singing and even the guys that weren't fans would look up from work and be like "She has a really distinctive voice." 

And ia, she just isn't the kind of person that's going to jump through hoops unless she feels like it. Which adds to her ~mysterious appeal I think

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

i'm not complaining at all at how Lana isn't dragged through the industry to do constant promo, tours, etc. she is truly a legend, she gets #1 albums without doing anything to promote it and she gained a fanbase of millions without having ANY radio hits besides one which even then was not her own true art form since it was a remix. her attraction is from the pure voice and cinematic appearance she has. she doesn't bend to the public like ahemmm Halsey or Beyonce. I'm fine with her continuing in her own lane and not getting caught up in being so consumed with wanting that constant "show me off" personality.

i'm not complaining at all at how Lana isn't dragged through the industry to do constant promo, tours, etc. she is truly a legend, she gets #1 albums without doing anything to promote it and she gained a fanbase of millions without having ANY radio hits besides one which even then was not her own true art form since it was a remix. her attraction is from the pure voice and cinematic appearance she has. she doesn't bend to the public like ahemmm Halsey or Beyonce. I'm fine with her continuing in her own lane and not getting caught up in being so consumed with wanting that constant "show me off" personality.

giphy.gif

I don't mean this as any shade to Dua Lipa, but her managers are clearly pushing her harder because she's still relatively new in the game and (again, no meanness intended) has achieved nowhere near the amount of success Lana has. Her (lana's) debut is one of the longest charting albums of all fucking time. She's had 2 albums debut at #1, including her latest. She has a sound and aesthetic that's completely her own and has been able to hold on to that while still evolving. I am sure in the coming years we will see upcoming musicians (if they aren't already) citing her as an influence. She sells shows around the world to screaming fans. There are a lot of other musicians (not naming anyone because it's not that type of post) who probably sell more per album or per show or whatever, but are they really memorable? Have they really made their mark in a way where, when you hear their name, you instantly associate it with a distinctive sound that's their own and not just whatever's current at the moment? To have really made your mark in the music world as an artist, especially in the era where music careers are blossoming and dying faster than ever, is fucking impressive. Lana's doing more than just fine.  

“Lana is going to keep music out. She’s got another album in the works and her fanbase is as rabid as ever.”

— Ben in a new interview.

On the one hand, the truth, and the other she has got used fanbase for quickly publishing more records and promising different things that do not appear, so people are interested, among others such as; whether she is still planning an album with unreleased songs or a new video

most other artists don't register songs because most other artists don't write and co-produce

and it is none of the fans business what is and is not registered

(it borders on stalking and revealing confidential information, doesn't it???)

that said, I wouldn't mind 50 new songs released in a couple of months.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp