Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Artists like Dua Lipa are relevant for a few years. Artists like Lana will remain relevant for a lifetime.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana Del Rey is playing in her own league.

Here’s a little example:

Show someone title X by artist X, and they won’t be able to recognize them later on on the radio, unless it’s the same song.

Show them one song by Lana, and they’ll recognize her voice whenever they hear it, whether it’s a ballad or an upbeat song.

This example also applies to several other artists, e.g. Amy Winehouse.

It’s obvious that their management is praising Duo Lingo. She’s young, she’s energetic, she does everything they want her to do. Ergo, they love her because she’s making them rich. It’s that simple.

I highly doubt that their praises are based on her pure talent, but rather based on her ability to sell her music.

She deserves the success since she’s working hard at such a young age, but let’s be realistic here and stick to facts which are she won’t be a name in a few years like many other artists of her kind.

i'm not complaining at all at how Lana isn't dragged through the industry to do constant promo, tours, etc. she is truly a legend, she gets #1 albums without doing anything to promote it and she gained a fanbase of millions without having ANY radio hits besides one which even then was not her own true art form since it was a remix. her attraction is from the pure voice and cinematic appearance she has. she doesn't bend to the public like ahemmm Halsey or Beyonce. I'm fine with her continuing in her own lane and not getting caught up in being so consumed with wanting that constant "show me off" personality.

i'm not complaining at all at how Lana isn't dragged through the industry to do constant promo, tours, etc. she is truly a legend, she gets #1 albums without doing anything to promote it and she gained a fanbase of millions without having ANY radio hits besides one which even then was not her own true art form since it was a remix. her attraction is from the pure voice and cinematic appearance she has. she doesn't bend to the public like ahemmm Halsey or Beyonce. I'm fine with her continuing in her own lane and not getting caught up in being so consumed with wanting that constant "show me off" personality.

I don't mean this as any shade to Dua Lipa, but her managers are clearly pushing her harder because she's still relatively new in the game and (again, no meanness intended) has achieved nowhere near the amount of success Lana has. Her (lana's) debut is one of the longest charting albums of all fucking time. She's had 2 albums debut at #1, including her latest. She has a sound and aesthetic that's completely her own and has been able to hold on to that while still evolving. I am sure in the coming years we will see upcoming musicians (if they aren't already) citing her as an influence. She sells shows around the world to screaming fans. There are a lot of other musicians (not naming anyone because it's not that type of post) who probably sell more per album or per show or whatever, but are they really memorable? Have they really made their mark in a way where, when you hear their name, you instantly associate it with a distinctive sound that's their own and not just whatever's current at the moment? To have really made your mark in the music world as an artist, especially in the era where music careers are blossoming and dying faster than ever, is fucking impressive. Lana's doing more than just fine.  

Loving these posts!! PREACH  :gurl:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I had a dream that she released a 5-minute short film called “Louis” (??) and a lead single that I can’t remember the title of. There was also a remix of the single featuring Lady Gaga lmao

Artists like Dua Lipa are relevant for a few years. Artists like Lana will remain relevant for a lifetime.

if we are only considering stan twitter, teen locals and music critics from YouTube, yes, Lana will remain relevant; but apart from them, people forgot her once UV came out

if we are only considering stan twitter, teen locals and music critics from YouTube, yes, Lana will remain relevant; but apart from them, people forgot her once UV came out

Yes each artists core fans believe them to be more relevant than they are lol

i screamed when that article with the 50 biggest chart drops came out this week and uv was on there  :toofunny:

i76mrxw.png 

HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT PIC OF LANA IN STUDIO? IT WAS RECENTLY PUBLISHED! :excited:

OMG, I AM LITERALLY SHAKING! :excited:

Wait, I'll try to find it and post it. :defeated: I can't believe no one mentioned it.  :hdu: 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT PIC OF LANA IN STUDIO? IT WAS RECENTLY PUBLISHED! :excited:

OMG, I AM LITERALLY SHAKING! :excited:

Wait, I'll try to find it and post it. :defeated: I can't believe no one mentioned it.  :hdu:

u better not be trolling us

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I can't find it. I was going Incognito on Firefox, and now IDK on which site I've seen it. And I'm pretty sure it's recent pic, cuz I've never seen it before + she never had that haircut before (the one she has now).

You just gave us blue balls.

Oh my God, guys! FINALLY FOUND IT!

Here it is:

studio.jpg

I hope she won't scrap whatever she was recording here. :flutter:

Oh my God, guys! FINALLY FOUND IT!

Here it is:

studio.jpg

I hope she won't scrap whatever she was recording here. :flutter:

Just leave...

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Just leave...

Woah horsey! :awk:

am i allowed to report? mods???

You're not allowed, trust me. :lolno:

Aren't you both, kinda, lame? :um3: Clearly it was a joke, but whatever.  :awk: 

TBH, your posts made me laugh, but at the same time :awk:. Oooookay, enjoy your boredom. :wave:

well photo or not , we know that she is in the studio probably considering what ben said about her working in another album, so a photo wouldn't change much

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

well photo or not , we know that she is in the studio probably considering what ben said about her working in another album, so a photo wouldn't change much

We all knew this, and thank you for saying it again! :legend:

Some people around here are waaaay too sensitive.  :rip: