Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Artists like Dua Lipa are relevant for a few years. Artists like Lana will remain relevant for a lifetime.

We have to remember not to be delusional.  :oprah3:

Lana has not been relevant in mainstream terms for nearly 4-5 years. And that's okay. She doesn't need to be relevant for us to appreciate her magnificent discography and unmatched talent.

Just.... let's not act like she's still killing it, when her career has been on a very obvious decline for a hot minute now. 

I'm hoping that after LFL managed to swipe #1 from Tyler that she's given a bigger budget or whatever for this era and can work with some producers that can help her craft a pop record

It’s never about a budget lol. She records whatever she wants with whoever she wants.

ben called us rabid... @bentap you can be a real cunt sometimes

Well, we are the definition of rabid lol. L

FL is not even a year-old and we crave new music as if our lives depended on it.

The minute Lana is silent on social medias for more than a week, we are worried and @ her with all kinds of posts asking where she is and drop the f*cking album already. 

When LDR6 comes out, I am sure some will complain over the fact that the 25-unreleased-song collection was not released or whatever.

We are rabid and drama queens. 

https://twitter.com/PopFactsNews/status/1010357257236766720

Is this account credible/reliable?

I haven't checked their other posts, but anyways, with Lana, even if Ben or Ed confirmed any release dates or song titles, it could all still change: She signed with Interscope / Polydor that gives her pretty much all the creative freedom she needs. And our girl loves to write and make music. She gets into the the studio but we never know when she finishes the project. 

So maybe there really are music releases planned for her this summer, but who the fuck knows what is her timeline and if that project is still as initially planned. 

Nobody wants another LFL-promo-Gate I think, where everything was a bit messy, so I guess this is why she is keeping quiet and not saying anything at the moment.

Lana has not been relevant in mainstream terms for nearly 4-5 years. And that's okay. She doesn't need to be relevant for us to appreciate her magnificent discography and unmatched talent.

Just.... let's not act like she's still killing it, when her career has been on a very obvious decline for a hot minute now. 

Lana's a stotyteller and her fanbase has grown with each record.

She is doing extremely well on streaming (at the beginning of the year, she was iTunes'7th most popular female artist worldwide on their streaming / sales platform), but I agree that she rarely is on commercial radio. She has her own universe, which is not always in the same vein as other artists. She is so talented and rooted in so many music genres that she could still be around for very long time, unlike many of the pop princesses and queens that are on top of the charts but could very much not be around in 5 or 10 years. 

Female singers have, too often, music based on pretty much one ingredient: sex. Lana is more rooted in sexiness and sensuality rather than sex. No wonder that most female singers rarely are successful when they are over 30 or 40: they look like a joke, when they are still playing the oversexed lolitas when they should be singing about something else lol. 

Ya'll log off and go outside, it's the hottest day of the year

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Still. I think Lana has definitely paved the way for alternative pop, which is more than I can say for Dua Flopa.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Still. I think Lana has definitely paved the way for alternative pop, which is more than I can say for Dua Flopa.

Don't be too hard on Dua. She's breaking through as a popgirl in an era where rap, RnB & urban genres are overwhelmingly dominant. She may as well be blazing the trail for the next generation of pop girls in the 2020s, but it's still too soon to tell. And although it seems like she probably became a success overnight, our girl Dua has been working incredibly hard at it for many years. Plus, she's an outspoken supporter of gay rights and has a very sweet & relatable persona.

It seems you're being a little bitter if you're hating on her just because you perceive her as competition for Lana.

Don't be too hard on Dua. She's breaking through as a popgirl in an era where rap, RnB & urban genres are overwhelmingly dominant. She may as well be blazing the trail for the next generation of pop girls in the 2020s, but it's still too soon to tell. And although it seems like she probably became a success overnight, our girl Dua has been working incredibly hard at it for many years. Plus, she's an outspoken supporter of gay rights and has a very sweet & relatable persona.

It seems you're being a little bitter if you're hating on her just because you perceive her as competition for Lana.

I think she's a nice person but I just think she's untalented. :whatever2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Dua Lipa's music is generic popsh*t for the charts. Nothing artistic or anything but it sells.

She's got a nice voice which would have more potential for better music but I guess she gotta pay the rent

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Dua Lipa's music is generic popsh*t for the charts. Nothing artistic or anything but it sells.

She's got a nice voice which would have more potential for better music but I guess she gotta pay the rent

At least she got the sales in the bag. LFL was Lana's spin on generic popsh*t, and well...  :smile3:

At least she got the sales in the bag. LFL was Lana's spin on generic popsh*t, and well...  :smile3:

who speaks the truth like sweetie does, nobody (nobody) nobody!

i76mrxw.png 

Why are y’all fighting over this? Dua and Lana sound nothing alike!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg where is lana

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e