Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

At first I thought it was Latin, but it turns out to be Gujarati. An Indian language. "I used to think I was the Maharaja" teas

If y'all interested, it translates to "wonderful deaf reveal"

"maharaja" (maha=superior to; raja=king) is a Hindi word which means "king of kings" (emperor?)

I really need interesting & rich production, strong & dreamy visuals and merchandise, some up-beat bops and alive-impressive vocals (instead of lazy once) for LDR7 (since LDR6 is 100% gonna be a slow & quiet album & I lost hope that it will be a rich & strong album  :rip:)

funny since you know basically nothing about the upcoming album except for a snippet of a song that wasn't even confirmed by Lana to be on LDR6.

jeez

giphy.gif

funny since you know basically nothing about the upcoming album except for a snippet of a song that wasn't even confirmed by Lana to be on LDR6.

jeez

I mean, Lana is kinda predictable... That snippet is probably the style of the album (as she said it will be like Change). She's not evolving in her style

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I mean, Lana is kinda predictable... That snippet is probably the style of the album (as she said it will be like Change). She's not evolving in her style

Actually she said that Change was the inspiration for the new album, in terms of musical content and words. Doesn’t mean that LDR6 will be all slow

Why are there always strange men thinking Lana is their goddess? weird

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think she's really proud of Change simply because she put it out so fast, therefore I think it's not the minimalistic arrangement of the song that she really likes but rather the overall mood of putting songs out fast and/or writing about whatever occupies your mind there and then.

That's also why I believe the next LP or some sort of project will come sooner than we (realistically) expect

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I really hope the new album is not like Change in terms of lyrics. I love the melody and the way she sings it, but the lyrics are... yuck! Especially when she said it was to do with North Korea or something. Leave politics for politicians! They are already trying to brainwash people with their own agendas, we don't need that in music as well.

:eyeroll2:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I really hope the new album is not like Change in terms of lyrics. I love the melody and the way she sings it, but the lyrics are... yuck! Especially when she said it was to do with North Korea or something. Leave politics for politicians! They are already trying to brainwash people with their own agendas, we don't need that in music as well.

:eyeroll2:

tbh i've never viewed it as a political song. in fact it was only a few months ago when i realised that it was supposed to be political. To me, the song is about finding happiness

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I know we're living in heated political times but I always viewed Lana's music as an escapism from the all shit in the world so personally I'd like her to stay away from creating political songs for LDR6. I feel like most of the songs on LFL haven't aged well due to the fact that they were written about a lot of political stuff. It's just boring, plain and simple. Also it never seemed genuine of Lana when she talks about politics, it feels forced.

Edit: I used the word 'political' 4 times. My apologies.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I know we're living in heated political times but I always viewed Lana's music as an escapism from the all shit in the world so personally I'd like her to stay away from creating political songs for LDR6. I feel like most of the songs on LFL haven't aged well due to the fact that they were written about a lot of political stuff. It's just boring, plain and simple. Also it never seemed genuine of Lana when she talks about politics, it feels forced.

Edit: I used the word 'political' 4 times. My apologies.

i feel the same way, the songs haven't aged well and it feels the shift from the first half of  the album to the second feels even more awkward. But  i don't think shes not being genuine when lana's singing about these things, definitely not forced. As much as she was doing this for us, i feel like part of her made these songs for herself and to show a sense of growth and having a firm stance on the politcal climate of the USA. i feel like these songs would have been more appropriate to have been part ofa seperate and smaller project but eh wat can we do lol.

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Lol LFL hasn’t aged well?!? It is not a year old yet!

Honestly, the “political songs” on LFL are more peace-oriented ones rather than political ones, I think. GBA could have been on any of her albums ; WTWWAW is a beautiful hopeful song in times of despair (whether these despairs are personal or worldwide - America could be a symbol of just happiness, and you wonder if you still can be happy). Coachella is the most precise one when it comes to the times we live in, though that song is not super descriptive either when it comes to politics.

Change is the song that embodies LFL the most: something is coming, in her, in the world, something is happening. What exactly? Who knows. LFL is that album in her career expressing when things are shifting.

Change’s minimal production makes easy to want to skip it, but when you let it sink in, you can’t help but love it.

God Bless America is so overly patriotic to the point where it makes me want to gag. It's sound good, yes. But it's mega cringe.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How could one know Change was not political? Of course it is

The opposite message of Born to Run and Born to Die

She will not run away to someplace else she is saying

She is saying she will Stay and Fight all that trump has taken away from America

Just like Coachella is one of the greatest if not the greatest political song of all time

Patriots are those who stay and fight and RESIST

last thing trump's illegal occupation of the office he was placed in is patriotic. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

How could one know Change was not political? Of course it is

The opposite message of Born to Run and Born to Die

She will not run away to someplace else she is saying

She is saying she will Stay and Fight all that trump has taken away from America

Just like Coachella is one of the greatest if not the greatest political song of all time

Patriots are those who stay and fight and RESIST

last thing trump's illegal occupation of the office he was placed in is patriotic. 

calm down beyoncé. Change is a good song, but there's A LOT of political songs that are way better