Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

so ladies

lust for life era is officially dead unless we get a photoshoot or smthn

how y'all feelin

I feel like this era has been bittersweet. In the very beginning it was really good and exciting. Hearing Lana share what sound she was going for and hearing about her new mindset etc. Also the snippets we heard was an amazing experience too. I'd say around March - June was the best part. But then things got tedious with Lana withholding info like the release date was just annoying tbh. And let's not forget when you and I got banned for Glittergate. :brows:

I can only hope that for LDR6, the news about album info is consistent and flows well. I don't want any leaks to happen because we all know how messy that shit is. I hope Lana gives us more insight to where she's heading for the next album and doesn't leave us dry.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Born To Die and Paradis - 50s old Hollywood glamour

Honeymoon - 60s Hollywood sadcore

Lust for Life - 70s Hipster culture

Ultraviolence - 80s psychedelic rock

LDR6 - 90s Synth pop?

:defeated:

Honeymoon is more 1940s to me, and ughhh hopefully she doesn't go 90s. It's the worst era with annoying music and ugly fashion

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

so ladies

lust for life era is officially dead unless we get a photoshoot or smthn

how y'all feelin

I am curious for things to come. I really loved LFL, although the drama with the prerelease date and all was a bit much. I hope we don’t Get that with LDR6. I loved that we got song titles from different interviews. Love had a great video. The visuals for this era were great. But what surprised me the most with this era was her world tour: her best live vocals yet, an amazing song listing that brought many live surprises, and her presence on stage was just like a lioness roaring. She proved with this era that she was a force to be reckoned with. I will say this again, but I believe that this album is a solid one and one that will be better understood when LDR6 is out. It was a diverse album, who gave us solid gems and new things that did not feel out of place IMO.

Honeymoon - 60s 40s Hollywood sadcore

Ultraviolence - 80s 60s psychedelic rock

LDR6 - 90s 80s Synth pop?

I never saw the 80s associated with psychedelic rock, the 80s were more synth pop and glam metal whereas psychedelic rock was more 60s. Also, idk about a synth pop record, just wanted to edit lol

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I never saw the 80s associated with psychedelic rock, the 80s were more synth pop and glam metal whereas psychedelic rock was more 60s. Also, idk about a synth pop record, just wanted to edit lol

uv was very unmistakenly 70s with a subtle 90s influence which also reflected in her clothing during the writing of the album, as she wore tons of flannel shirts,flares,backwards hats and black.

Ok so tho on a another note. Am I the only one who thought of Lana ever doing RnB? I mean a part of me is laughing bc I feel it wouldn't mesh as easily as other genres she can delve into, but. Imagine? How would that sound even? 

She's already done RnB with Dayglo Reflection.

YES. I'll admit I haven't really delved all that much into their catalog, listening thoroughly only thru Pet Sounds the most, but yes. .! I got so excited when Love (YAIL att) came out, with the dreamy blue posters. Not just the "don't worry baby" 's during the outro of the track, but I started considering how Love was more of a somber version of the track. I can't put my finger on it, but there are a lot of sonic similarities of the two tracks. The opening drums? The tempo, the cadences? I think it may be small melodic similarities. 

Either way, I hope she goes more towards this direction when she comes out with her next album. The dreamy feel, the happy, innocent sound, contrasting with life-affirming lyrics. I'll stop there for now hahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

*screams* SURF ROCK

I wish she would make a surf noir album so bad

Like aka times 1000

Honeymoon - 60s 20s Hollywood sadcore

Ultraviolence - 80s 60s psychedelic rock

LDR6 - 90s Synth pop?

30s jazz? I’d love some Billie Holiday type songs

Lmao idk how to do the strike through

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

AT THIS POINT I DO NOT CARE WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO I JUST WANT HER TO DO SOMETHING, I KNOW THAT IT IS SUPER NEEDY OF US BUT MAN EVEN JUST A "HI GUYS, MISS YA" VID THATS 1.4 SECONDS LONG WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY AS HELL 

e1s11.gif