trashtrashtrash

The Weeknd

Does anyone else here like The Weeknd? He used to be my favourite singer until Lana fucking took over my life. These are some of my favourite songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TAko3RH0bk 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOdNMwTNNhA 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1r4m8c9SI

To be honest, I love everything from his 3 mix tapes (which were all put on Trilogy), but haven't liked any of his new stuff for Kiss Land. Hopefully I can discuss him with someone on here haha  :tsk:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto1_500.jpg

i've only heard his performance on jools holland when lana was on too and i didn't like it :eek:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Does anyone else here like The Weeknd? He used to be my favourite singer until Lana fucking took over my life. These are some of my favourite songs

To be honest, I love everything from his 3 mix tapes (which were all put on Trilogy), but haven't liked any of his new stuff for Kiss Land. Hopefully I can discuss him with someone on here haha  :tsk:

I do! I know that @@elllipsis does too, so you won't be alone. :creep: You didn't even liked Belong to the World? :O

i've only heard his performance on jools holland when lana was on too and i didn't like it :eek:

Hmmm, his performances does not do justice to the production of his mixtapes (especially on TV show like Jools Holland). The studio versions are way better imo.

Try those? it's from his first mixtape:

@@Quentin Thank you for summoning me. :cuteface:

I love The Weeknd, I was completely blown away by House of Balloons when it came out! I loved all 3 mixtapes / Trilogy & my fave songs atm are High For This, House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls (especially the second part, like OMG!?), The Birds Part 1, XO / The Host & Kiss Land. The songs I like the least are those featuring Drake probably because I fucking hate Drake. :smirk:

I also agree with Quentin, a huge part of his music's appeal is all the detail it has and most of it is lost during live performances, so they're usually kinda boring & lackluster when compared to the albums...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I love The Weeknd, I was completely blown away by House of Balloons when it came out! I loved all 3 mixtapes / Trilogy & my fave songs atm are High For This, House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls (especially the second part, like OMG!?), The Birds Part 1, XO / The Host & Kiss Land. The songs I like the least are those featuring Drake probably because I fucking hate Drake. :smirk:

The second part of XO / The Host... OMFG!! Outside before is amazing too. :defeated:

I tend to agree on this. I don't hate Drake, I quite like Take Care actually but I don't think their voices goes well together. Their last song for Kiss Land is very sloppy imo. It's like I've already heard it 94949845 times. :pft:

I love this one tho (he kind of stole it from Abel but whatever): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIZIcQw2VQ

@@Quentin Thank you for summoning me. :cuteface:

I also agree with Quentin, a huge part of his music's appeal is all the detail it has and most of it is lost during live performances, so they're usually kinda boring & lackluster when compared to the albums...

yesss house of balloons is my favourite mix tape! yeah the zone is good until drake starts rapping hahaha, I 100% agree with the live thing, I don't think his music is meant to be sung live.. I found it so weird seeing him at the VMAs, this time last year we hardly even knew what he looked like and now he's at award shows sitting with Taylor swift and selena Gomez..

also the birds part 2 was my favourite song for ages, but I hate what he did with it on Trilogy

Ohgodd I got personal stories about The Weeknd / aka Abel

My friend was telling me to try having sex while listening to the weeknd and Ohhhmyyygodd :hdu:

I recommend it

Live Forever Golden Grill.

yasssssss fuuuuug brah the party and the after party is obv my fav AND what you need i think kiss land's p good u need to listen to it a few times u'll like it

when I say I don't like kiss land, I mean I don't like it compared with his other songs. If anyone else had made that song I would love it but because I know how amazing his other stuff is I just don't really like it, I guess I just expected better from Abel

I did, once. :ohno: It's pretty bad, the beats are generic & the lyrics kinda sucks... His weakest work imo. KL & BTW are the best songs so if you didn't liked them, I don't think you're gonna like the rest. He had so much potential... :icant: I rather listen to Jai Paul's 'demos album' tbh.

I did, once. :ohno: It's pretty bad, the beats are generic & the lyrics kinda sucks... His weakest work imo. KL & BTW are the best songs so if you didn't liked them, I don't think you're gonna like the rest. He had so much potential... :icant: I rather listen to Jai Paul's 'demos album' tbh.

yeah i'm listening to it right now and i'm pretty disappointed tbh nothing will ever compare to the house of balloons mix tape for me

omg I hate wanderlust, he had something so special, why can't he keep making music like he used to?  :crying:

yeah i'm listening to it right now and i'm pretty disappointed tbh nothing will ever compare to the house of balloons mix tape for me

omg I hate wanderlust, he had something so special, why can't he keep making music like he used to?  :crying:

IKR! WTF is Wanderlust?! :hdu: His 3 mixtapes were so dark and great... with Kiss Land it's like he's trying to be more mainstream and touch more people, I already wasn't feeling it when I saw the cover of the album tbh.

I remember reading an interview of Jeremy Rose (producer of 'What You Need', 'Loft Music' & the original 'The Morning') on VICE, where he said that Abel was a basic rapper before and his lyrics were boring AF... I think he needs to be well surrounded to make great music, unfortunately I guess. :poordat:

I remember reading an interview of Jeremy Rose (producer of 'What You Need', 'Loft Music' & the original 'The Morning') on VICE, where he said that Abel was a basic rapper before and his lyrics were boring AF... I think he needs to be well surrounded to make great music, unfortunately I guess. :poordat:

yeah I read this a while ago! broke my heart tbh, especially about 'the morning', I can't imagine him rapping hahah but he might do it sometime soon, god help us all 

Completely agree with you 2, @@Quentin and @. I'm so disappointed with this album, it's as boring, unoriginal and generic as can be. The mixtapes were so perfect, dark and with a bit of a 'home-made' feel to them, and the sampling was amazing. He ruined it by trying to make his music sound 'big' and accessible while repeating the same old 'I love bitches & drugs, I'm so dark and dangerous, yolo!' theme, and tbh I kinda get the feeling that's all we're ever gonna get from him & that shit gets old real fast.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png