Sign in to follow this  
Lana Del Rey

Chairlift

l68qWiw.png

Chairlift

Chairlift is an Synthpop duo from Brooklyn, New York.

Caroline Polachek and Aaron Pfenning formed Chairlift in 2005 at the University of Colorado.

In 2007, Patrick Wimberly joined chairlift when Caroline and Aaron relocated from LA to Williamsburg.

Pfenning left chairlift in 2010, leaving Polachek and Wimberly as a duo.

Their first full-length album, 'Does you inspire you' was released in 2008.

Does_You_Inspire_You_Chairlift.jpg

The song 'Bruises' was the lead single off the album and was featured in the 4th Generation iPod Nano commercial.

In early 2012, 'Something' was released

220px-Something_cover.jpg

'Amanaemonesia' (one of my favorites) was the first single of 'Something' in late 2011.

'No Angel' on Beyoncé's album was written and co-produced by Polachek

In January of 2014, Caroline Polachek announced she is releasing a solo EP under the stage name 'Ramona Lisa' (But I won't go into her as much as this thread is about the amazing Chairlift)

Listen to a few of their songs. I am obsessed!

Cover of Beyoncé's Party

:flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

*I'm sorry if a thread already exists, but I don't think it does, but you can merge/delete if there is*

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

I was given the recommendation to check out their sophomore record Something like 6+ months ago and I never have, so I guess now's the time!

YOU MUST.

The album is perfect.

Download the japanese version that has 4 bonus tracks for a more complete experience <3

NEW SINGLE!!!

"Ch-Ching"

http://p4k.co/ToI8N

if the new album is anywhere as good as Something I will surely die. They are starting a tour in November.

Man I still, STILL don't get over Something... Been playing that album for years now. Anything they deliver is just SO good (even the collabs). Caroline's vocals are always on fucking point.

I still am deranged by the song.

People in this forum seriously need to check her out.

Bumping this because I'm working my way into their music again! Something is still one of the best albums I've ever heard, and I plan to be as present as I can for the Moth era. "Ch-Ching" and "Romeo" are both very nice. Gotta download that debut record soon too.

H0bDaqU.gif

Bumping this because I'm working my way into their music again! Something is still one of the best albums I've ever heard, and I plan to be as present as I can for the Moth era. "Ch-Ching" and "Romeo" are both very nice. Gotta download that debut record soon too.

Does You Inspire You it's a very difficult album. I still haven't figured it out, and I'm an ultra fan... Something is really Something... It never gets old. Turning, Ghost Tonight... Gosh.

I seriously love Caroline. You should listen anything and everything she's involved in.

Does You Inspire You it's a very difficult album. I still haven't figured it out, and I'm an ultra fan... Something is really Something... It never gets old. Turning, Ghost Tonight... Gosh.

I seriously love Caroline. You should listen anything and everything she's involved in.

Yeah Something is nothing less than incredible. I've listened to DYIY a few times and overall it's not clicking with me much. But don't worry, I've tried to get into everything from Caroline I possibly can now. I have all the Ramona stuff (which is excellent) and made a little rarities album with all her features and solo stuff I could easily dig up. Officially ready for Moth.

H0bDaqU.gif