Macintosh Manhattan

First trailer for Amy Winehouse documentary 'Amy' released ...

Amy-Winehouse-poster.jpg

The first trailer has been released for AMY, the forthcoming documentary film about the late Amy Winehouse...

The feature-length documentary from Asif Kapadia, the BAFTA-winning director of Senna, will open in UK cinemas on July 3, distributors Altitude Film announced last month (March).The documentary promises "previously unheard tracks" and "extensive unseen archive footage" and is billed as the story of the six-time Grammy-winner "in her own words". An earlier trailer for the documentary was shown to guests at a pre-Grammys brunch hosted by the singer's former label, Universal Music Group, in Los Angeles in February.Speaking about the film, Universal Music's UK CEO and Chairman David Joseph said: "About two years ago we decided to make a movie about her - her career and her life. It's a very complicated and tender movie. It tackles lots of things about family and media, fame, addiction, but most importantly, it captures the very heart of what she was about, which is an amazing person and a true musical genius."Amy Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning in July 2011 at the age of 27. A posthumous compilation album titled 'Lioness: Hidden Treasures' followed later that year.

https://youtu.be/A97-pQJD6Hw

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

In tears in the first 5 seconds. It's gonna be so hard to watch this. I've been a fan since I'm 7 years old. Looks beautiful, excited to see some unreleased material! 

Are these back to black recording sessions already online? Or exclusives to the film? Wow I never knew that existed

Everything in the film is apparently highly exclusive/rare or new to the public.

It's the same team that did the movie doc about Senna, which was really good doc but also very sad. We all gonna sob watching this , aren't we? Took me a while to listen to Amy again, I got kind of angry at her because she was incredibly talented, humble and so young and didn't care enough for herself. Obviously is a irrational feeling since Amy had a disease and lost all control but until today she's that one you know? Why nobody helped her ? was also something I questioned a lot, then you grow up and see that Amy didn't help Amy, it's life, in this case a waste of life. 

glgcDdT.gif

It's the same team that did the movie doc about Senna, which was really good doc but also very sad. We all gonna sob watching this , aren't we? Took me a while to listen to Amy again, I got kind of angry at her because she was incredibly talented, humble and so young and didn't care enough for herself. Obviously is a irrational feeling since Amy had a disease and lost all control but until today she's that one you know? Why nobody helped her ? was also something I questioned a lot, then you grow up and see that Amy didn't help Amy, it's life, in this case a waste of life. 

I get so mad at Amy for dying sometimes but that turns to pure sadness and heartbreak and then I'm just left with what seems like too much love for her.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I get so mad at Amy for dying sometimes but that turns to pure sadness and heartbreak and then I'm just left with what seems like too much love for her.

I just wonder where her family and friends were sometimes. 

I just wonder where her family and friends were sometimes. 

If I remember correctly.A year or two before Amy passed away her Dad Mitch (Who she adored massively) released an album and -when interviewed by an reporter- asked  whether or not his using his daughters fame to make himself more well known ect and he replied " Yeah I guess so".  He even wrote a book about the poor girl not long after she died...

In the end her friends and family were using her BC of her fame and wealth. Amy had a lot problems (Clinical Depression,Drug/Alcohol addiction,Anorexia)   and those around her choose to ignore it BC it benefited them in the short or long term. It's even reported that her ex-husband Blake introduced her to heroin and got her hooked. Hence why alot of fans including myself see him as a major part of Amy's tragic downfall...

If I remember correctly.A year or two before Amy passed away her Dad Mitch (Who she adored massively) released an album and -when interviewed by an reporter- asked  whether or not his using his daughters fame to make himself more well known ect and he replied " Yeah I guess so".  He even wrote a book about the poor girl not long after she died...

In the end her friends and family were using her BC of her fame and wealth. Amy had a lot problems (Clinical Depression,Drug/Alcohol addiction,Anorexia)   and those around her choose to ignore it BC it benefited them in the short or long term. It's even reported that her ex-husband Blake introduced her to heroin and got her hooked. Hence why alot of fans including myself see him as a major part of Amy's tragic downfall...

Personally I do blame Blake, but I never looked at her family like that. It's pretty disappointing, and it makes you wonder if the people you love would do this to you.

I have her dad's book, which is a nice read. However it pisses me off because it seems like he did nothing to help her.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived