Sign in to follow this  
Macintosh Manhattan

Explosion In Manhattan (Chelsea)

25 people so far have been wounded in a blast in New York City, officials say.

Fire trucks and ambulances converged on the scene after what witnesses described as a "deafening" explosion in the Chelsea district of Manhattan around 21:00 (01:00 GMT on Sunday).At least three people were taken away from the scene in ambulances, Reuters news agency reported.FBI and Homeland Security officials are at the scene, a local official told US media.The explosion comes just hours after a pipe bomb exploded in a New Jersey town, shortly before thousands of runners were to participate in a charity race nearby. No injuries were reported in the New Jersey blast. 

_91286512_mediaitem91286509.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37399592

I must state that its not known if this is an act of terrorism as of yet or a hate crime.There are photos of a dumpster blown apart. Earlier today pipe bombs went off at charity 5K marathon for U.S. marines that were planted in garbage bins. No one knows if its connected.

Stay safe  :ohno:  and I hope there's not any casualties...

Here's a link to a video of first few seconds after the explosion. Do not worry its not graphic in anyway

https://twitter.com/itaycohai/status/777308226916327425

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Glad no injuries or deaths.. But these few last years have been so much trouble from all kind of extremist acts

whether it's in a big scale like this or or the newly reported ones that happen in smaller scale since we have social media now that spreads the news fast..

If it's an Islamic terrorism I won't be surprised, of course I feel bad for Muslims (including my brother and my other family members who live abroad in the states now) who will face unjustified hate towards them and discrimination from others as a result of this..

But quite frankly I won't be surprised as it was expected having such extreme teachings among many communities in this regions that result in such horrific acts.. What I hope is that this ideology that results in this acts (if it was Islamic terrorism) to be reformed by the young and more open minded Muslims who refuse to listen to these extremists who lure other youth into this.

(Just wanted to take it of my chest, I'm an exmuslim as you can tell)

Hopefully this is not another act of extreme Islamic terrorism. I feel horrible for all the Muslims having to deal with such extreme Islamophobia after all the attacks that they've had absolutely nothing to do with personally.

Highly doubt. ISIS and other extreme Islamic terrorist groups usually would kill atleast 5 people, rather than injuring many.

your a disrespectful cunt. Get off this site

I kinda agree with Jeary. This is disrespectful.

ok. I don't care.

Highly doubt. ISIS and other extreme Islamic terrorist groups usually would kill atleast 5 people, rather than injuring many.

ok. I don't care.

You need to grow up. You're like 13 right? You should adjust the way you think and act.

lilkimxchapelle.png

ok. I don't care.

you realize, you say stupid ass shit, thinking your so funny, but people got hurt tonight. It it was a family member, you would certainly not be laughing. Also, to note, you think your "iconic" or caused things to happen. Wake up, everybody talks shit because your annoying, not notorious. Leave. 

You need to grow up. You're like 13 right? You should adjust the way you think and act.

no lol

you realize, you say stupid ass shit, thinking your so funny, but people got hurt tonight. It it was a family member, you would certainly not be laughing. Also, to note, you think your "iconic" or caused things to happen. Wake up, everybody talks shit because your annoying, not notorious. Leave. 

m'kay. 

There is a slight chance that it is hate crime related since Chelsea is a mostly gay neighborhood but I'm not going to jump to conclusions just yet  :( 

Also there is another announcement on BBC news that a possible secondary device has been found nearby

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Hope everyone is okay, and that it is an isolated incident... people should also not rush to judgement and stereotype, because this could be something far different-.

as there is as of 1230am eastern NO connection with any international terror.

It is more likely a rightwing homegrown hater in the US who in the midst of the hateful Nazi-like Brown-shirt Presidential campaign  Trump and Trump's aides are running, advocating hate and hatred against anyone, threating Hillary and her daughter (who lives like just 3 blocks away). some lone wolf(or professional taking advantage) then campaigns the next day that the nation isn't safe because of immigrants or anyone that doesn't back Donald Trump.

Sure enough the bloviator commented almost immediately afterward before any information or cause and used it was a campaign line "Better get strong".

It is highly doubtful a foreign group would target the people living where the dumpster was- a residence with 210 apartments for blind and sight impared residents.

Much more likely a hate crime or a political crime.

Most important is those hurt get well, and that there are no deaths announced as of the minute.

(btw- it was only 1 single explosive in the NJ incident, not multiple, the BBC/Canada second article in OP indicated more).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp