TRENCH

The Orlando Terrorist Attack 6/12/2016

144431d1423260671-orlando-skyline-parks-

49 people were killed inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other officials said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

This comes right after up and coming singer  Christina Grimmie was shot and killed at her concert a day earlier, only a few miles across downtown from where this club is

News Stories

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-updates-shooting-at-pulse-nightclub-20160612-htmlstory.html

http://www.fox35orlando.com/home/158365276-story

List of identified victims:

http://www.cityoforlando.net/blog/victims/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/pulse-orlando-nightclub-shooting/victims/os-pulse-nightclub-orlando-shooting-victims-htmlstory.html

"I Am Safe" Check-In Page:

https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/orlando-shooting-jun12-2016/

Support Victims of Pulse Shooting-GoFundMe Page:

https://www.gofundme.com/PulseVictimsFund

Local LGBTQ Centers:

http://www.thecenterorlando.org/

http://orlandoyouthalliance.org/index.cfm?n=7&c=green

More Details in this Tumblr Post: 

http://readingatthedisco.tumblr.com/post/145843931844/information-about-this-horrific-shooting

pulse.jpg

2_pulse.jpeg?resize=600%2C340

Edited by Ed55

How many more lives have to be taken till the American Government and the stupid idiots in NRA realise that there gun laws are flawed - that there dangerous. That there precious second amendment now only serves those who want to end innocent lives rather than protect them nowadays... 

No words can describe how awful how utterly tragic this. They died like poor Christina Grimme did. Living there lives and having fun whilst doing so :( My thoughts and prayers are with their family and friends.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Edwin really? You couldn't even be bothered to read this back 1 time and realize you spelled her name as Christina Grimmer... WoW

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Edwin really? You couldn't even be bothered to read this back 1 time and realize you spelled her name as Christina Grimmer... WoW

her name is also misspelled in the thread about her, it's hardly the most important thing to be angry about here.

X----into me, into you----X

yes let me focus on a accidental misspell when this and her shooting happened 3 miles from where i live and work

Edited by Ed55

yes let me focus on a accidental misspell when this and her shooting happened 3 miles from where i live and work

ok but after all the times her name has been in the news I didn't think it would be that hard to spell her fucking name right... It's disrespectful Jesus Christ

her name is also misspelled in the thread about her, it's hardly the most important thing to be angry about here.

the girl was shot and killed outside her own concer I think spelling her name correctly gives her life the respect she deserves

How do you manage to blame the gun legislation before Islamism... I don't get it.

I have no words for this level of ignorance

How do you manage to blame the gun legislation before Islamism... I don't get it.

this thread just keeps getting worse.

it is the middle of Ramadan. During this time of year, Islam states that Muslim people aren't even allowed to use swear words, let alone commit murder. This did not happen because Islam said it should. This killer reportedly got angry when he saw two men kissing once, and that was enough for him to go into a safe haven for the LGBT community and open fire. the fact that he is muslim is going to be used against him throughout this whole case, but really this was an instance of personalized homophobia and the fact that he could easily gain access to an assault weapon is the problem. obviously his religion could have influenced his homophobia, as it does in christianity as well,  but it certainly did not drive him to terrorism.

X----into me, into you----X

My condolences to those who were affected by these events and my heart goes out to everyone who is suffering from them. The world is a terrible place a lot of the time and more often than not nothing is done to prevent these kind of tragedies. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of both tragedies and I hope they can find peace knowing that the world is grieving with them and people are wanting to make a difference.

ok but after all the times her name has been in the news I didn't think it would be that hard to spell her fucking name right... It's disrespectful Jesus Christ

Can you not turn this thread into something about you? If you wanna talk disrespectful, you're certainly right there in the middle of it, coming in a thread about a tragedy just to start some bullshit. You're upset and that's fine, but going on like this is only going to take attention away from these events and put all the attention on you. I'm not trying to argue and certainly not trying to fight, but please, be a little more gentle with your words. It's bad enough already.

Before coming up with your splendid "omg you're so ignorant and islamophobic!!!" please learn the difference between Islam and Islamism... The issue here is not the tool used to kill, which can be easily found with or without restrictive legislation (see the Paris attacks for instance), but the ideology behind. The whole gun debate is out of context here. And don't try to make me say what I don't say, be honest.

My condolences to those who were affected by these events and my heart goes out to everyone who is suffering from them. The world is a terrible place a lot of the time and more often than not nothing is done to prevent these kind of tragedies. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of both tragedies and I hope they can find peace knowing that the world is grieving with them and people are wanting to make a difference.

Can you not turn this thread into something about you? If you wanna talk disrespectful, you're certainly right there in the middle of it, coming in a thread about a tragedy just to start some bullshit. You're upset and that's fine, but going on like this is only take attention away from these events and putting all the attention on you. You clearly missed the bigger picture since it wasn't about you.

I'm not making this about myself, I'm just saying that if we don't take the time actually remember the people who lost their lives and respect their existence by correctly spelling their names then what is the point of even speaking about the tragedy? These people all mattered, they all deserve to be remembered correctly and not be misrepresented...

I'm not making this about myself, I'm just saying that if we don't take the time actually remember vgthe people who lost their lives and respect their existence by correctly spelling their names then what is the point of even speaking about the tragedy? These people all mattered, they all deserve to be remembered correctly and not be misrepresented...

I agree, but there are nicer and easier ways to get your point across in a non disrespectful way, especially when dealing with this type of situation. I don't want to cause any problems, I even edited my original post as to try not to upset you. its always the thought that counts, I've seen many people spell Christina's name wrong, but the love, support, and prayers are all still being sent to her and her family. We can't name every person that was inside Pulse last night, but we are all still praying and supporting them and loving them and grieving them.

I am so upset about this, even more when I've seen people on facebook this month posting bullshit against pride month, this is why it fucking exists, because we have to live under constant pressure and even fucking fear of getting killed in such a horrible way like this, yet, we choose to be who we are and live our lives, it's not the same for everyone, I know that, it's not the same being gay in the US than being gay in Russia, for instance, but yet everyone struggles internally and externally for something as simple as being who we are, and this goes for ppl who throw shit against black history month and every fucking festivity that is not celebrating straight white cis people, honestly. Disgusting. May these beautiful souls rest in peace and people wake the fuck up and stop creating imaginary borders that we don't fucking need, as if we weren't far enough from each other already.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I agree, but there are nicer and easier ways to get your point across in a non disrespectful way, especially when dealing this type of situation. I don't want to cause any problems, I even edited my original post as to try not to upset you. its always the thought that counts, I've seen many people spell Christina's name wrong, but the love, support, and prayers are all still being sent to her and her family. We can't name every person that was inside Pulse last night, but we are all still praying and supporting them and loving them and grieving them.

I know it's frustrating, but this guy will try to make any thread all about himself (or his tacky, embarassing videos, or cinge-worthy "songs"). Just ignore the young, immature troll :) We all know the thread was made with the best intentions. And a two letter typo is really not going to make a difference in the big picture.

As somebody else said, it's a discussion about the largest mass-shooting in the history of the country that directly affects gay people (a majority of this board?) so a typo in the first post isn't a huge deal---just an opportunity for this tool to de-rail the thread

The US Gov't continues to pass homophobic laws and they love taking money from big corporations (that lobby for gay civil rights to be stripped) and yet they wonder why this shit happens. Its sickening, this country is fucked.

Religion itself is not the problem. The problem begins with extremists who manipulate religion to their own psychopathic idea of what their faith should be like then try to force (or making an example of others) to believe in the own version of their faith. 

And yes along with extremism gun legislation is more than a massive part of problem. Isis are encouraging 'lone wolfs' in the U.S to do such horrible acts bc the gun laws are basically non-existent.It's extremely easy in some states I believe to buy a gun. The American Government needs to sort this problem out right now before its gets even more worse than it already is. Yes it may only solve some of the problem out but if it even gives law enforcement etc a slim chance of catching bastards like this shooter before committing such terrible acts then it's more than worth it...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371