Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

April 11 - Lana has released the album artwork for her upcoming album "Lust For Life"

lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-cover-1491930

March 29 - Lana has released the trailer for her new album "Lust For Life" marking a new chapter in the book of the Pre-Release time period.

"You know, in this town, an artist really needs a lot of space when they’re trying to create something special. A place to cultivate a world of their own, far away from the real world that’s around them. Luckily for me, I live right inside the middle of the “H” of the Hollywood sign, and this is how I spend most of my nights: perched high above the chaos that swirls within the city of angels below. Now don’t get me wrong, I love to dip my toe into the muck and the mires of the city every now and then. Especially on Tuesdays. But truthfully, when I’m in the middle of making a record, especially now when the world is in the middle of such a tumultuous period, I find I really need to take the space for myself far away from real life, to consider what my contribution to the world should be in these dark times. So each morning, I have the luxury of asking myself, 'What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?' Because sometimes, just being pure of heart and having good intentions and letting them be known is the most worthy contribution an artist can make. So, even though these times can feel a little bit crazy, they’re not so very different from what other generations have experienced at one time or another before. Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one, there’s no place I’d rather be than smack-dab in the middle of Holly-weird making this record for you. Because you, and the music, and this place, are my love, my life, my Lust For Life."

Pre-Pre-Release Information -

Here's what is known so far

-Lana Del Rey for NME Magazine (December 2015)

2qbhoc82.jpg & 2qbhoc8.jpg

- In February 2016, Lana was interviewed in Pre-GRAMMY Gala Red Carpet.

Are you gonna drop another album anytime soon and surprise everyone?

"I don't think it will be a surprise when I'll do it but... you know... I will soon... I'm working on stuff I love."

Is it in a different direction from the last time?

"Yeah... but I don't know if you'd really know 'cause it has more to do with just like...I don't know... a clarity of inner dialogue that I feel is coming through better."

How about music?

"It's kinda in the same aesthetic."

- In July 2016, a music video was reportedly shot; Kasia Szarek as the casting director.

tumblr_o9dma2LMhj1t3ntjro1_1280.jpg

She was in studio with Justin Parker in November 2015 

tumblr_nxafqmq7js1uv3tpwo1_1280.jpg

- Via Ben Mawson in March 2016.

AMq0ba1.png

- Shared by Lana (on her @Honeymoon account) in March 2016"I can't tell if my managers like it, but I know they're on crack.".

EficT6z.jpg

- Shared by Lana in March 2016.

RDkxoLy.jpg

Lana's leaving a recording studio located in Santa Monica. (August 21st, 2016).

Lana+Del+Rey+Heads+Music+Studio+Santa+MoLana+Del+Rey+Lana+Del+Rey+Out+Santa+Moni

- She has hung out several times with "Born to Die" producer Emile Haynie and Father John Misty's collaborator Jonathan Wilson 

- Beautiful People (recorded in 2015 with Justin Parker) [Registered, possibly not for this album]

- Wild One (recorded in 2015 with Justin Parker) [Registered, possibly not for this album]

- Demos produced by Rick Nowels

- Lana presumably shot another video on October 28, 2016.

Chuck posted a video to Snapchat where she is posing with a girl that wears the same make-up. You can hear Lana speaking in the background and she mentions the word "video" 

http://instagram.fss...844476416_n.mp4

Also, Ben Mawson (her manager) posted a photo with Johnny Blue Eyes (her stylist) 

https://www.instagra.../p/BMIMPDLgrIM/

Love

- Love is the lead single

- Young and in Love is co-written by Rick Nowels, Benny Blanco and Emile Haynie

- Recorded possibly in the spring of 2016

- Registered in January 2017:

ABrGcI6.png

- The song was released on February 18th, 2017 under a new title "Love" as a lead single. LINK

- The original dates for release were February 28th and March 6th. It was released the day after it was leaked.

- The music video for the song was released on February 20th, 2017.

- Lana first performed this song at SXSW in March

PRESS RELEASE

On the same day "Love" was released, a press release for the album was also. It features exciting new information about the album such as collabs, 2017 release, and a for-the-fans album!

image.jpghttp://variancemagazine.com/sounds/7478-lana-del-rey-love

- Soon after (what was thought to be) the title track for the record leaked, called "Best American Record" / "Architecture"

- Press photo shots by Neil Krug

- Photoshoots with Sebastien Micke for Paris Match Magazine

- Photoshoot with Molly Matalon & Eleanor Bleier

LUST FOR LIFE

- On March 27th, a new song was found to be registered titled "Lust for Life". Oddly it had been written by Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) but performed by Lana. Speculation arose.

- On March 29th, Lana uploaded an album trailer and announced that the album would be titled "Lust for Life" with the registered track as the new main title.

-On April 11th, Lana posted the official album artwork to instagram.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I was in the most boring economics/finance conference when i received the twitter notifs  :defeated:

I AM SCALPED. VISUALS. THE OCCULT. A MONOLOGUE. THE FACT THAT THE INGREDIENTS WERE ACTUALLY ONLINE. FUCK ME UP 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

honestly the reference to BtD is everything, from being born to die to having a lust for life, it's so full circle and really, really sweet

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Did yall notice that Lana showed "hopeless-ness" in this world? and the city is basically a kingdom, and while there was no water in the video, a pot can hold water ........ and you know what else hold's water? a fountain................... Hopeless Fountain Kingdom. HALSEY COLLAB IS CONFIRMED HOLY SHIT

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif