Sitar

LIZ Y2K

Liz.jpg

While channeling the guilty pleasure of throback Brandy, Mariah, and Destiny's Child, LIZ is a born and raised valley girl by way of Tarzana, CA, making ageless pop gold. She effortlessly adopts modern R&B's glossiest melodies and subtly infuses the street banger to create tasteful post-ratchet lollipop sounds. Guided by some of music's most progressive curators, LIZ thrives in the grey area between serious artistry and the kitsch thinking production. The resulting aesthetic has no need to proclaim itself as genuine or honest. In the end, we see an artist that's quite frank in reminding us that music should simply make us feel good. LIZ unapologetically displays a thoughtful play on Y2K R&B Pop with shades of forward.

You may be familiar with LIZ after she opened for Charli XCX last year. Her free EP Just Like You has a really awesome mix of very fresh and current production with early 2000s R&B inspiration--hence "Y2K." I was not impressed with her first offerings at all, but the new EP is so good and free so might as well try to recruit!

Here's some ideal samples. Got DLs if anyone's interested (though I'm hesitant to xxxpose her early Natalia Kills-y cringe persona):

A taker! Here's her discog:

FUegjip.png

5glsW49.png

ulvJffF.png

Can you upload Betty Trouble and That's My Man, I've had all the others for awhil :hooker:

Also can you upload that LIZ cover, mine is just plain cream colored and I like the Lisa Frank one you used

BzhmW.png

bitter comment below do not read if u stan for whatever this is

Oh god I can't believe you and your 92.5% immaculate taste would stan for her

Saw her open for Charli XCX before Kitten and literally zero people were interested in her, when Kitten came on everyone was so thankful and enjoyed them even if they didn't know them lol. Liz was dreadful x.x

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Saw her open for Charli XCX before Kitten and literally zero people were interested in her, when Kitten came on everyone was so thankful and enjoyed them even if they didn't know them lol. Liz was dreadful x.x

Yeah Kitten was a LOT better. I thought Liz was entertaining with her dancers and whatever, and she was really pretty, but she was totally lip syncing is the thing... She lip synced the whole set and it bothered me, because I never really see small acts like that lip sync...

Can you upload Betty Trouble and That's My Man, I've had all the others for awhil :hooker:

Also can you upload that LIZ cover, mine is just plain cream colored and I like the Lisa Frank one you used

I have the LIZ EP/tour CD in good quality though if you don't bc I own it :hooker: But here's the cover and I'll PM you those DLs:

IMG_0070.JPG

That's My Man is like her best song so you def haven't been living life! Pharrell production serving :legend:

Like I said, this a good description of her opening slot for Charli but she was really great and didn't lip sync when I saw her open for Kitten. She got some great songs in the interim. I'm not bothered though, you don't have to like her.

@@iseeyouupsidedown you should give ha another try though :hooker:

I have the LIZ EP/tour CD in good quality though if you don't bc I own it :hooker: But here's the cover and I'll PM you those DLs:

IMG_0070.JPG

That's My Man is like her best song so you def haven't been living life! Pharrell production serving :legend:

Like I said, this a good description of her opening slot for Charli but she was really great and didn't lip sync when I saw her open for Kitten. She got some great songs in the interim. I'm not bothered though, you don't have to like her.

@@iseeyouupsidedown you should give ha another try though :hooker:

I want a physical of the EP now, I will gladly accept a rip of yours bc SC rips aren't cute

BzhmW.png

I want a physical of the EP now, I will gladly accept a rip of yours bc SC rips aren't cute

I was basically gonna search for everything, buttttttttt  :creep: can I have downloads?

Sent it to y'all

Don't judge her unreleased too much :icant: It's like scene queen Britney Spears chorus girl shiiiit

So what is 'Betty Trouble'? Her old moniker thingy? Is 'LIZ EP' an official release or just a comp. of songs she put out?

I didn't know 'That's My Man' was part of the spider-man soundtrack.

Right--she used to go by Betty Trouble in like 2011. The only stuff I've been able to find on that has been on Soundcloud, plus this video. No apparent official releases.

The LIZ EP is a compilation, but it is official insofar as she sold it on tour and her website: http://liz.merchtable.com/music/liz-tour-cd#.U8iQibGwWq9. However, you won't find it on iTunes or anything. Some of the songs are available elsewhere.

And yeah her like one high-profile moment :flutter: Then the Zedd feature but who really cares. However, obv you know she has the Kitten collab and Charli cowrote on her album!

Right--she used to go by Betty Trouble in like 2011. The only stuff I've been able to find on that has been on Soundcloud, plus this video. No apparent official releases.

The LIZ EP is a compilation, but it is official insofar as she sold it on tour and her website: http://liz.merchtable.com/music/liz-tour-cd#.U8iQibGwWq9. However, you won't find it on iTunes or anything. Some of the songs are available elsewhere.

And yeah her like one high-profile moment :flutter: Then the Zedd feature but who really cares. However, obv you know she has the Kitten collab and Charli cowrote on her album!

Wait does the CD have a booklet or is it basically a cardboard sleeve

BzhmW.png

Omg, not even curious to listen to the Betty stuff. That's My Man is like sucky to me. I really liked Zedd's album for a few months back when it came out, so it was cool mumbling the words to Hourglass, I had no idea it was even the same bitch. And I really like both of her EPs. I there a CD of Just Like You?

Wait does the CD have a booklet or is it basically a cardboard sleeve

Just a cardboard sleeve unfortunately.

Touché :slayty: A zip would be gr8 tho if ya want me to keep spinning ha

I will PM you!

Omg, not even curious to listen to the Betty stuff. That's My Man is like sucky to me. I really liked Zedd's album for a few months back when it came out, so it was cool mumbling the words to Hourglass, I had no idea it was even the same bitch. And I really like both of her EPs. I there a CD of Just Like You?

Omg don't start with the negatives, I was about to get all mad. There isn't, as far as I know. I remember she was talking about her album on Twitter and a fan said, "Can we buy it this time?" and she said yes so I'm assuming JLY is only free.

That's My Man is so good though like whaaaat. HE IS LIKE MY WATCH, HE'S ALWAYS ON TIME.

Omg don't start with the negatives, I was about to get all mad. There isn't, as far as I know. I remember she was talking about her album on Twitter and a fan said, "Can we buy it this time?" and she said yes so I'm assuming JLY is only free.

Sign-up for Mad Decent Premium to download the WAVs: drip.fm/mad-decent

$10. Maybe-maybe if I'm still listening to her in a week. 

Just a cardboard sleeve unfortunately.

Think ima get it.

That's My Man is so good though like whaaaat. HE IS LIKE MY WATCH, HE'S ALWAYS ON TIME.

I've only heard it like 3 times, MAYBE it'll grow.

$10. Maybe-maybe if I'm still listening to her in a week. 

Think ima get it.

I've only heard it like 3 times, MAYBE it'll grow.

Slay I suppose. The CD comes with stickerz applied :slayty: