Sign in to follow this  
Spac3gypsy

Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live - June 11th, 2015

new poster says june 11 she'll be in washington ?? 

11111393_383985641787547_1962292720_n.jp

Bristow is in Northern Virginia, basically a suburb of D.C. :)

I plan to be there, in the first seated section.  I have to work that day, but in theory it's possible I'll make it in time to see Grimes open  :excited:  My first concert by myself, guys! I've been inspired by people here at LB, who've talked about going to concerts alone and having a blast. So I decided I'm gonna do it too!   :woot:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Be in the pit, though not going to fight my way to the center.  left of center

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I will be there with a silver VIP ticket (driving all the way from Charlotte!)

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

I am also going to this show. I have a non VIP pit ticket, and I really want to get as close to the front as possible. I'm totally committed to arriving at six in the morning, but I called the venue and they said that their parking lot doesn't open until two hours before the show. So I don't know what to do, was anyone else planning on arriving VERY early?

Hey guys, IDK if anyone who is in the DC metro area is interested in carpooling or willing to sign on for this bus service to the concert:

http://rallybus.net/bristow-lanadelrey/

I bought the ticket and realized it's gonna be hard for me to get there and back because I don't have a full license or technically even a car of my own... but I'm a mature adult, pretty friendly, so if you are in the DC Metro area and will to meet up with me and drop me off at a metro station and I can cover like half the gas or something, or sign up for the bus service with some friends so it has enough people to get confirmed, that would be great. As of this time 18 more people are needed for the Washington DC/Dupont Circle bus. Hope to hear from someone soon!

EDIT: So the bus trip was confirmed, and there's still plenty of room for people who need a ride there from the DC metro area. It seems like a pretty good deal at $50 both ways considering that I was willing to pay much more and do convoluted things to get myself to the concert and then to work the next morning =P.

EDIT 2: Just reviewed my original post and realized the grammar was atrocious... I'll leave it in its original glory for those who like to nitpick at such things =P.

I am also going to this show. I have a non VIP pit ticket, and I really want to get as close to the front as possible. I'm totally committed to arriving at six in the morning, but I called the venue and they said that their parking lot doesn't open until two hours before the show. So I don't know what to do, was anyone else planning on arriving VERY early?

I think your best bet would be one of 2 things:  1) Have someone drop you off if possible (and pick you up afterward, of course, or hitch a ride with someone), or 2) Park off-site as close as you can (I had to park about a mile away) and walk in, and once the lots open, have your neighbor in line (you'll probably be friends by then, LOL) hold your spot for you while you walk back to your car and drive in to the parking lot.

EDIT:  Also, forgot to mention this, but the Silver VIP people get in first.  At my venue, which has a fairly good-sized pit, the Silver VIP people almost completely filled the first 2 rows of the pit.  There were people camping out the night before, but it didn't help them get to the very front, since us Silvers got in first.  But at least if you get there early, it gives you a better shot at being at least *close* to the front.

I think your best bet would be one of 2 things: 1) Have someone drop you off if possible (and pick you up afterward, of course, or hitch a ride with someone), or 2) Park off-site as close as you can (I had to park about a mile away) and walk in, and once the lots open, have your neighbor in line (you'll probably be friends by then, LOL) hold your spot for you while you walk back to your car and drive in to the parking lot.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention this, but the Silver VIP people get in first. At my venue, which has a fairly good-sized pit, the Silver VIP people almost completely filled the first 2 rows of the pit. There were people camping out the night before, but it didn't help them get to the very front, since us Silvers got in first. But at least if you get there early, it gives you a better shot at being at least *close* to the front.

Thanks! Are you at this show? Or speaking from experience from another show?

Thanks! Are you at this show? Or speaking from experience from another show?

Speaking from experience.  I'm on the West Coast (where they have a sayin'...) and I went to the show on May 16 in Chula Vista.  I actually live pretty close to Sleep Train Amphitheater.

Did anybody else think there were really bad sound issues? I was in the pit, maybe 20 rows of people back and I swear I could barely hear her most of the time.

party.gif?w=1100

First off, thanks to all the LB experts who helped me with concert advice! Here was my experience: I arrived at 6AM and was the 18th in line for non VIP GA. Doors opened at 6:30PM so we waited for over 13 hours in 90 degree heat. When they let us in, I ran like my life depended on it, I don't think I've ever run like that. I made it to the pit entrance, and ran to center(ish) stage. I was second row and a new friend that I made was barricade and right in front of me. The barricade row still had wiggle room, and eventually, actually quite quickly, I moved next to my friend and got barricade. I found it helpful to make conversation with those in front of me, instead of just pushing and being rude. We were involuntarily pushed towards center stage because some other girls got sick further down the line and got pulled out of the pit.

Lana was amazing, she sounded like heaven. I think I even got a smile when I waved. This experience was worth everything I went through that day! I even cried a bit. Thanks to all who helped me!

One more thing, just to add something to the craziness of Lana shows: there was a girl in GA about four rows back who said she had to pee, she did NOT want to lose her spot. So she pulled her pants down, and peed. Peed in the pit.

And that's my concert expetience!

First off, thanks to all the LB experts who helped me with concert advice! Here was my experience: I arrived at 6AM and was the 18th in line for non VIP GA. Doors opened at 6:30PM so we waited for over 13 hours in 90 degree heat. When they let us in, I ran like my life depended on it, I don't think I've ever run like that. I made it to the pit entrance, and ran to center(ish) stage. I was second row and a new friend that I made was barricade and right in front of me. The barricade row still had wiggle room, and eventually, actually quite quickly, I moved next to my friend and got barricade. I found it helpful to make conversation with those in front of me, instead of just pushing and being rude. We were involuntarily pushed towards center stage because some other girls got sick further down the line and got pulled out of the pit.

Lana was amazing, she sounded like heaven. I think I even got a smile when I waved. This experience was worth everything I went through that day! I even cried a bit. Thanks to all who helped me!

One more thing, just to add something to the craziness of Lana shows: there was a girl in GA about four rows back who said she had to pee, she did NOT want to lose her spot. So she pulled her pants down, and peed. Peed in the pit.

And that's my concert expetience!

HAHAHA!!! :deadbanana:

Yeah, you have to drink the right amount of water. Enough not to be dehydrated and faint, but not too much. It's better to drink too much and hold your pee than not drinking enough and faint. If you faint, it's game over.

I was front row and the girl behind me, slightly on my left started befriending me and I saw her coming... When I was turning my body to talk to her, it was creating a space for her to get closer to the front, but that was fine. After a while, there was enough room for her to get front row. The other girl behind on my right didn't get that chance. Her hand was holding the barricade between me and my friend and my elbow was on her hand to let her know I wouldn't let her get in front and separate me from my friend who was front row on my right. If you are front row with friends, make sure you are elbow to elbow all the time.

There's always a change for GA to get front row. I was happy for them. Never lose hope :P

Did anybody else think there were really bad sound issues? I was in the pit, maybe 20 rows of people back and I swear I could barely hear her most of the time.

Yeah I was there and way at the back and the audio was weird, her voice kept going in and out. She kept stopping to adjust the audio so it seems she could tell something wasn't right. She also seemed to have less energy or be not as happy as she looked at other shows. Seeing her was amazing, when she came out in the beginning in her red dress it was so exhilarating.

Yeah, she seemed very bothered by the sound. Honestly she and the band both sounded great where I was (section 101), but I guess I'm no audio expert.

I was happy with my view in person -- no one immediately in front of me because the TALL guy moved down after Grimes :D - it's only my pics and video that look like I was a mile away :P

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png