Just noted about this in the Instagram Updates thread, but she added a link to a private YouTube video in her Instagram bio. I wonder if it's related to the new album, perhaps a music video or album trailer? x
I'm so glad we don't have any fake dates or an album title yet
This time last year was miserable because we had 3 singles, the album cover, and "single soon, album later later" with the same amount of silence. I can't imagine waiting for another fake date again. After September 5th/June 1st/July 4th it feels so good to be completely in the dark.
@Whore of Tropico Okay I would like to make my speculation (just to keep the delulu energy fed & also 'cause I love tarot reading and stuff)
1. Album title - The Big: It's gonna be her most powerful, iconic and meaningful album title in her discography. It perfectly summarise her message and goal with the project.
2. Album artwork - The Sword: This could mean that her album cover is gonna be epic too; if we pair up with the album title it makes sense. The cover gives more depth and detail about the whole album and also makes a really strong statement.
3. Album soundscape / sound direction - The Change: Two things came up in my mind: 1. It's a complete new sound for her, not just compared to BB or COTCC but overall, it's something she never done before but she's ready to dive into this sound. 2. A direct reference to the song, Change. Which is so convenient, when nowadays many things are happening/happened to the world and to us people. I think the instrumentation and her vocals are going to show a lot of vulnerability. For example: Lately, I've been thinkin' it's just someone else's job to care
Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn? Who am I to wanna try? But... (I know she said she feels angry and the songs are wordy & controversial but anger has lot of layers imo).
4. Album release time - The Silent: We wont know when the album will be released, perhaps Lana herself is not sure about it, but there's a chance that we're not going to have fake dates, push backs or leaks.
5. Album lyrical content - The Maze: It's gonna be complex. Mazes have lot of paths, so the lyrics could be interpreted in different ways. You can be easily lost, but if you find the right path you can find the exit. Maybe she feels lost (in herself/in her life/in the world). She tries to find a coping mechanism through her writing.
6. What this album/era represents - The Shield: Protection, safety, fight your fears, let your emotions out and you'll be stronger.
I'm so sorry for this long ass delulu essay bullshit I just wrote but I just really liked the idea
Okay guys, since we have nothing to do. I decided to use my delulu dark magic & manifested it to ask the Clow cards (if u watch that Cardcaptor Sakura anime, you'll know what is up) about the LDR9. These are six cards I've just drawn from the deck to give us some clues to answer 6 following questions that I asked about Lana Del Rey's next era:
1. Album title - i got The Big
2. Album artwork - i got The Sword
3. Album soundscape / sound direction - i got The Change
4. Album release time - i got The Silent
5. Album lyrical content - i got The Maze
6. What this album/era represents - i got The Shield
Feel free to make your speculation of what these all mean based on the cards i drew. Forget the insiders, this is a sign from Lana herself (yes, i contacted her through the cards)
i don’t rlly believe it because they always use lana’s insta captions as song titles like she isn’t taylor swift. i don’t think ‘peach’ and ‘stars align’ were hints and it was just lana being poeticc i guess