Nick Del Rey

LOOΠΔ (LOONA)

LOONA

I’m honestly kinda surprised there isn’t a thread for LOONA yet (or at least I’m not aware of it) since they are an amazing K-Pop girl group and are getting more popular not only in the K-Pop music world/industry, but also in the alternative music world as well, especially after one of their sub-units’ collaboration with Grimes. If you haven’t listened to LOONA yet, I highly suggest you do so since their discography is full of amazing bops. Their musical style and visuals, including the “LOONAVERSE” concept is very unique, interesting, and different!

From www.loonatheworld.fandom.com:

“LOONA, stylized as LOOΠΔ, is a South Korean girl group under BlockBerryCreative. The group is composed of 12 members: HeeJin, HyunJin, HaSeul, YeoJin, ViVi, Kim Lip, JinSoul, Choerry, Yves, Chuu, Go Won, and Olivia Hye; and three sub-units: LOOΠΔ 1/3, ODD EYE CIRCLE, and yyxy.

From October 2016 until June 2018, each member of the group was revealed one by one, along with a single album and a music video for the title track. The complete group debuted on August 19, 2018 at their concert LOONAbirth with the release of [+ +] on August 20, 2018.”

loona-2021-comeback-ot12-and-album-june.

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif

2 minutes ago, lizzys said:

I’m honestly kinda surprised there isn’t a thread for LOONA yet (or at least I’m not aware of it)

there is a loona thread :bebe:

probably didn't come up because of the special characters though so don't feel bad :true:

@Elle @Clampigirl @takeitdoen @YUNGATA can someone merge the threads thanks

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

probably didn't come up because of the special characters though so don't feel bad :true:

@Elle @Clampigirl @takeitdoen @YUNGATA can someone merge the threads thanks

OMG thanks for letting me know i was never aware of it! gosh this is embarrassing LMAOO :bebe:

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i've been a stan since just before they officially debuted (but after yyxy promotions ended) and honestly i'm disappointed at the direction they're going in - at least with &

haseul is god :true:

seems like it is kinda going downhill a bit although i like their newer music. not sure what’s going to happen since apparently their contracts are supposed to end this year and with the company being absolute shit at doing their job and having big debts, who knows if their contracts will even be renewed..

1 minute ago, lizzys said:

seems like it is kinda going downhill a bit although i like their newer music. not sure what’s going to happen since apparently their contracts are supposed to end this year and with the company being absolute shit at doing their job and having big debts, who knows if their contracts will even be renewed..

quite honestly i think that some of loona are gonna get booted out :crying2:

and if haseul or vivi get booted out i'm officially unstanning (although i'll still stan the girls themselves i just won't buy/stream anything) 

Just now, the ocean said:

quite honestly i think that some of loona are gonna get booted out :crying2:

and if haseul or vivi get booted out i'm officially unstanning (although i'll still stan the girls themselves i just won't buy/stream anything) 

it’d be such a shame if some of the girls didn’t get a new contract but honestly if they willingly don’t choose to sign the new contracts i won’t be surprised since the company situation is shit..

i wish a different company took over and gave them the exposure and attention they deserve.

1 minute ago, lizzys said:

i wish a different company took over and gave them the exposure and attention they deserve.

i wish that too but let's be realistic - what company that could actually take them would treat them well? :awkney2:

either bbc needs to step their fucking pussy up or loona is gonna be looking a bit different from now on

also i'm not an anti everyone i'm just trying to be realistic :crying2:

honestly i feel like as of right now the group has too much emphasis on jinsoul, heejin, chuu, and kim lip rn. they dont give other members as many opportunities to shine in line distribution or cf's or solo endeavors. gowon + vivi are basically given 2.43 lines to share each comeback.

it's counterintuitive because the whole "thing" with them was introducing them one by one pre-debut, and post-debut they're not really sticking with the same emphasis on the individuality. they had such a good concept going and once again a kpop company has succumbed to the usual industry standard of unequal line distribution and unfair treatment of their only foreign member.

i dont blame the girls themselves, im happy chuu especially has been getting a lot of praise and recognition, but there are other members of loona and its annoying to see their company so clearly favor a handful over the others.

slightly off topic but am i the only one that thinks kpop has taken a complete free fall into mediocrity

literally the only group still making decent bops is twice and even they have declined in their korean work (although their japanese work has considerably gotten better everyone stream perfect world)

8 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i wish that too but let's be realistic - what company that could actually take them would treat them well? :awkney2:

that’s a great point like the majority of the companies out there mistreat their artists so much it’s so awful, i just wish there was truly a caring and good company somewhere out there that could take over

29 minutes ago, the ocean said:

can someone merge the threads thanks

I merged the threads and also included the name without the special characters to the thread's title to help with searchability x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

13 minutes ago, the ocean said:

slightly off topic but am i the only one that thinks kpop has taken a complete free fall into mediocrity

literally the only group still making decent bops is twice and even they have declined in their korean work (although their japanese work has considerably gotten better everyone stream perfect world)

i know the streaming/fanvoting culture is responsible. ppl dont rly want to produce GOOD music anymore bc it doesnt matter if ur the 31st most streamed artist on spotify (bts *cough*) you could sneeze for 3 minutes over a garageband beat and people would call you the second coming of jesus h. christ.

its also more accepted to attempt more experimental type songs these days in kpop than ever before, but the thing is kpop fans dont know the difference between experimental and just plain garbage. they'd probably think sophie's work is bad but love whatever the fuck sticker was. and this is coming from a stray kids fan lmao. (i cant defend their music but i love them as people okay)

plus i'd like to think there is some angle is making ridiculously bad music that goes viral and ends up in people hate-streaming. "swipe" by itzy obviously was made to be a viral tiktok song while (and i dont agree but) a lot of people think that song is horrible.

as for twice, i think their music hasnt declined as much as theyve just changed their image and fans (mostly the male onces) dont really like the more mature concept and that's why theyve declined in popularity in korea specifically. but perfect world was such a serve. and doughnut is one of my fave songs by them.

:oprah3:

16 hours ago, the ocean said:

twice… yeah no their shit is sooo generic and mediocre now. WJSN (Cosmic Girls) is the only group to consistently serve

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

have you heard perfect world (the album) :dua:

i know it's a japanese release but it's the best thing they've released since feel special 

perfect world is filled with bops especially the title track has to be my favorite