Sign in to follow this  
ModernBohemian

Why doesn't she sing Love anymore?

For some reason it's hard for her to sing. She gets nervous about staying on key. Almost every time before or after singing 'Love', she'll comment on how nervous she was to sing it. During her performances last year, she would only sing it acapella. Then she started bringing in Byron to do piano, but most of the time she would stop him after the first verse or so and continue the rest acapella. She did full band for a few stops during tour and it sounded really amazing. I don't know why she's so nervous about singing it, every performance of "Love" aside from the SXSW debut has been so beautiful.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Is this really a question lol

there's a ? at the end of the sentence in case you missed it  :hooker:

Having people in a pre-determined yell-out of what song, doesn't mean she will sing that song. Why should she be bullied/abused into

singing something she doesn't want to? It is pure abuse/harassment and then the same people get mad that she sings it different,

because they then can't sing along the same way.

BTW- I like that Jack White and Springsteen and Kate Bush and many others are now insisting on NO cameras/phones during the show

and just having people LIVE the show LIVE and not through a camera lens (of which professional camera people can capture the picture

(i.e. on the just finished tour- if one wants to see through the camera, watch the screen, in fact, only way to watch Pretty when I cry is

thorugh the screens).

It's more about why she literally said "she doesn't do that one [Love] anymore" (for personal or technical reasons). But now we're all also wondering how simple minded one needs to be to classify it as bullying/abuse when someone yells out a song when Lana clearly asks and intends for that type of interaction. Also, no cameras and phones at a venue seems like such an immensely revolutionary idea that you bring up - I think they started doing it at venues in Berlin in the early 2010s. 

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

I don't like the track at all but to only perform a couple of times whilst on tour is questionable. I mean its the lead single off a brand new album and while she might find it boring to preform the track every night, she should.

It's the professional thing to do, other artist have to all the time. Imagine how Gaga felt for instance when at the the start of her career she had to sing Just Dance all the time around the world. She must of gotten sick and tired of preforming it but she still kept going.

Its not fair on us fans (Some of whom pay top dollar to see Lana) for her to keep using the same setlist with few variations for multiple tours.

If she's finding of hard to sing why not change the key for Love like she's done multiple times with other tracks on tour. I love her I really do but sometimes she's really lazy :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I think she should be aloud to be lazy though, it is her life after all. And i remember her saying in one interview about from now on she only wants to do things that make her happy and not what others want from her.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

aren't you the one that thinks AKA is her best album

It is her best album.

I don't like the track at all but to only perform a couple of times whilst on tour is questionable. I mean its the lead single off a brand new album and while she might find it boring to preform the track every night, she should.

It's the professional thing to do, other artist have to all the time. Imagine how Gaga felt for instance when at the the start of her career she had to sing Just Dance all the time around the world. She must of gotten sick and tired of preforming it but she still kept going.

Its not fair on us fans (Some of whom pay top dollar to see Lana) for her to keep using the same setlist with few variations for multiple tours.

If she's finding of hard to sing why not change the key for Love like she's done multiple times with other tracks on tour. I love her I really do but sometimes she's really lazy :toofunny:

I agree with this. It's mad expensive to go see Lana and to have her barely change her setlists between tours is...no bueno. She could learn to sing her other songs on stage if she wanted to; she's got the talent for it.

giphy.gif

I wish Lana would sing Love more, because she sounds great for the most part. I wish she would focus more on Paradise/Ultra/Honeymoon/LFL those are the songs she sings best. She doesn't do the sing/rap thing as well anymore, but she still sings really well you know.

I mean it's not the first time she ignored her lead single or most of the record while touring each album lmao

She cut most of the paradise songs on the midway\final dates of Paradise Tour

Endless Summer ... Festival Tour............

I'm glad she's actually singing most of the songs from the actual record this time around. 

Struggle to find the right key? How can an artist struggle to find the right key to their own song it's ridiculous lol

well...singing a song in the studio is a completely different experience from performing it live, which is more unpredictable. on the other hand, does lana rehearse much for her tours? because it comes off like she doesn't--she could overcome these things by taking the time to plan out ahead adjustments to songs and such. love isn't even her most challenging song!

let me be who i'm meant to be

Love is ideal to perform, really...Not only is the lead single of her new album, but it's a song that she wrote for the fans with such a positive message. She's like ''singing for my babies on the tour life'' in her newest song, but then she's not singing the one song she already wrote for them. And it was one of the few special moments of the show, just a piano and a little drum, or even just acapella. Just her and her fans, with their lights up. It's a shame she's not performing it anymore, in my opinion. And the people who say that Love is boring clearly don't have a connection with the song so..your loss. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Okay, My theory is, even though the song seems to be easy, it IS vocally taxing because of how her playset is arranged...
Let me explain... Her Lust for Life  playset is as such (with a few exceptions each show, of course)

13 Beaches (Difficult high notes, performed early on)
Pretty When You Cry (Difficult high notes, performed early on)
Cherry (Somewhat easier, I consider this song a "rest" for her voice)
Born To Die ("Rest" / Lets the audiance sing)
Blue Jeans ("Rest" / Lets the audiance sing)
White Mustang ("Rest")
National Anthem (Difficult Vocals)
WTWWAW (Difficult High Notes)
Lust For Life  (Difficult High Notes)
Change/Black Beauty/Young And Beautiful (Difficult  PLUS no breaks inbetween!)

And then we have "Love" after all of that! I don't think she is giving her voice enough recovery between certain songs, which is what is giving her trouble when she tries to perform Love.

Having people in a pre-determined yell-out of what song, doesn't mean she will sing that song. Why should she be bullied/abused into

singing something she doesn't want to? It is pure abuse/harassment and then the same people get mad that she sings it different,

because they then can't sing along the same way.

BTW- I like that Jack White and Springsteen and Kate Bush and many others are now insisting on NO cameras/phones during the show

and just having people LIVE the show LIVE and not through a camera lens (of which professional camera people can capture the picture

(i.e. on the just finished tour- if one wants to see through the camera, watch the screen, in fact, only way to watch Pretty when I cry is

thorugh the screens).

GutIWuw.gif only graham

It was the most underwhelming song live I’m glad its gone, woulda prefered a UV song

I mean it's not the first time she ignored her lead single or most of the record while touring each album lmao

She cut most of the paradise songs on the midway\final dates of Paradise Tour

Endless Summer ... Festival Tour............

I'm glad she's actually singing most of the songs from the actual record this time around.

She didn’t ignore the lead single on either of those lol, ES - West Coast, FT - HBTB

I think she should be aloud to be lazy though, it is her life after all. And i remember her saying in one interview about from now on she only wants to do things that make her happy and not what others want from her.

I disagree, I don’t pay hundreds of dollars and drive 3 hrs from Oklahoma City to Dallas for her to be “lazy” lmfao

It was the most underwhelming song live I’m glad its gone, woulda prefered a UV song

She didn’t ignore the lead single on either of those lol, ES - West Coast, FT - HBTB

I disagree, I don’t pay hundreds of dollars and drive 3 hrs from Oklahoma City to Dallas for her to be “lazy” lmfao

She didn't ignore the lead but any other single from both records, and also wasn't Ride like cut after Paradise and just returned for LA to the moon even thought it's still one of her well-known-songs? Well.

Woman made a full short-film with Body Electric\Gods And Monsters\Bel air for:

The first one is performed every now and then, G&M was cut during Paradise Tour, Bel air was never ever performed.