Rose Garden Dreams

Madison Beer

51 minutes ago, lamms said:

oh shit i didn't know madison had bpd. that makes me love her so much more knowing how strong she is. just like trisha. :crying4:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Pitchfork did her dirty 

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/madison-beer-life-support/

Beer has an impressive voice, and when it’s freed from layers of effects it can convincingly convey fear and resignation, or glide into a gleaming harmony.

The way she incorporates effects and still sounds gorgeous, is what makes this album so great. This review starts okay, then takes is a big dump. 
They could have given it at least something in the higher 7s :whoopi:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Blue is literally gorgeous. It’s SO lana, even the outro sounds identical to a Lana song (that I can’t place right now?)

edit: the outro really reminds me of cinnamon girl outro I’m stanning forever babes

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 hours ago, lamms said:

Pitchfork did her dirty 

The way she incorporates effects and still sounds gorgeous, is what makes this album so great. This review starts okay, then takes is a big dump. 

Pitchfork really needs to learn how to separate the music from the artist :bye:

after my first listen, "everything happens for a reason" is my number one. i'll have to give the album a few more listens before i can make a final ranking. but yeah, she's such a cute debut album. i'm proud of madison. :wub: still mad that she didn't put dear society on life support. that's the song that got me into her and it would fit so well. :crai:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

5 hours ago, lamms said:

Pitchfork did her dirty 

They gave BTD a 5.5, so what can we expect from them? :whatever2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

30 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

after my first listen, "everything happens for a reason" is my number one. i'll have to give the album a few more listens before i can make a final ranking. but yeah, she's such a cute debut album. i'm proud of madison. :wub: still mad that she didn't put dear society on life support. that's the song that got me into her and it would fit so well. :crai:

Agree completely. Everything Happens has absolutely no business getting so close to home and it's beautiful. That and Stained Glass are the standouts, then Blue, White Rabbit, Default, and Selfish

Lord help me

MuFPR4M.jpg

Almost 300 scrobbles in 24h for this album :bebe:

Been trying to pick highlights, but it’s impossible. The only thing I dislike is the Rick and Morty outro to Homesick. Should have been another interlude after the song. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

can someone recommend songs where her own identity shines through or should i just listen to the whole album? i know she pulled lana and tame impala as inspirations but i listened to blue and it just sounded like a parody of lana, no offence. i like madison i just wanna hear her own sound instead of the whole album sounding like a tribute act :toofunny:

5 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

oh my god what song of Lana unreleased around 2009-10 remember me that 'oh-oh' in song 'blue' does anybody feel the same vibe?

I can’t remember, but it reminded me of ‘Love’ in that part