Ultra Violet

Marvel Cinematic Universe

thoughts on the MCU releases this year:

Wandavision: literally the best thing marvel has ever done, top tier. Wanda has always been a fav & Kathryn Hahn was amazing. Excited for the future of the Scarlet Witch in the MCU.

TFATWS: It was so boring to me sorry bsdhjfh did Not like it

Black Widow: Idk what the general consensus on this movie is but I loved it I had a lovely time watching it. Yelena stole the show.

Loki: I liked it but also expected more idk

Shang-Chi: a very good origin story, didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

What If: It was cute I guess

Eternals: Litrally my most anticipated marvel movie yet I still haven't seen it lol. theatres were closed for a lil while in belgium cause of covid & now it's kinda close to its Disney+ release so I might aswell wait. Maybe I'm gonna go see it later this week idk. Surprised it got a lot of bad reviews tho, but I literally don't care about critics' opinions I think I have superior taste TBH

No Way Home: This movie was insane there was So much going on like whew? Very intense experience. One of the best movies Marvel has put out.

Hawkeye: I wasn't excited for this show at All like I do Not care about Hawkeye the character, but I ended up loving this show lol my 3rd fav marvel release of the year after Wandavision and No Way Home. Yelena stealing the show again.

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

Wandavision: literally the best thing marvel has ever done, top tier. Wanda has always been a fav & Kathryn Hahn was amazing. Excited for the future of the Scarlet Witch in the MCU.

Black Widow: Idk what the general consensus on this movie is but I loved it I had a lovely time watching it. Yelena stole the show.

Eternals: Litrally my most anticipated marvel movie yet I still haven't seen it lol. theatres were closed for a lil while in belgium cause of covid & now it's kinda close to its Disney+ release so I might aswell wait. Maybe I'm gonna go see it later this week idk.

No Way Home: This movie was insane there was So much going on like whew? Very intense experience. One of the best movies Marvel has put out.

Hawkeye: I wasn't excited for this show at All like I do Not care about Hawkeye the character, but I ended up loving this show lol my 3rd fav marvel release of the year after Wandavision and No Way Home. Yelena stealing the show again.

Agree w/ everything you said lmao I also haven't watched Eternals yet so I'm just here waiting for Jan 12th 

Anyways, Scarlet Witch supremacy

61bd53441dec7b5aeefc578cd157280dbbd86512

Spoiler

Also, can't wait for MoM!! 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

26 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

the fucking truth and everyone should know it. literally the only part of the MCU i have ever given a shit about.

aOaIzH2.gif

12 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Eternals: Litrally my most anticipated marvel movie yet I still haven't seen it lol. theatres were closed for a lil while in belgium cause of covid & now it's kinda close to its Disney+ release so I might aswell wait. Maybe I'm gonna go see it later this week idk. Surprised it got a lot of bad reviews tho, but I literally don't care about critics' opinions I think I have superior taste TBH

No Way Home: This movie was insane there was So much going on like whew? Very intense experience. One of the best movies Marvel has put out.

WANDAVISION: Agreed, this was THE best part of Phase Four. I've loved Scarlet Witch from the beginning, so I was anticipating that this would deliver and it did. I loved the concept, the production, the acting and the arc of Wanda becoming Scarlet Witch and the way they incorporated her crown ("This is chaos magic, Wanda, and that makes you.. the Scarlet Witch" is already iconic!) But the way it seemed to grab not only Marvel fans, but non-Marvel fans around the world says a lot about the success of this show. 

TFATWS: I'm very mixed on this, mainly with the plot and character development. There was no reason for Sam Wilson not to doubt himself as Captain America, because Steve gave HIM the shield for a reason and to give it up was very disrespectful to him. I think it should've been the opposite in that having the people doubt him as Captain America and having to prove himself for that title for the show. I don't know, it was very underwhelming to me and not very memorable.

BLACK WIDOW: I haven't seen this yet and based on the reviews, I don't really care to.

LOKI: I've never found Loki to be an interesting character, so I wasn't excited to see it. I thought the concept was interesting, but it just was.. okay. The TVA was a joke, in my opinion, and they just felt so useless and weak. For the keepers of time, you'd think they'd know how to handle situations better. In the end, this didn't change the way I feel about Loki and Sylvie was just a bleh character. But I liked that it introduced the Variants and the Nexus concepts.

SHANG-CHI: This comes second after Wandavision. It's a basic marvel movie in a lot of ways, but it's just so... fun.  I'm really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It felt different with the whole introduction of the fantasy elements and the fight scenes were great. It was very fast pace, with a lot of good action and just very entertaining. It has the same rewatchable factor as Thor: Ragnarok, which is also my favorite.

WHAT IF: It was okay. I liked the animation and I thought the last episode was really good.

ETERNALS: Will add my review of this when it comes on Disneyplus next week.

NO WAY HOME: This was the first movie I saw in theaters in two years and it was just a great experience. The audience made this movie so much better for me. I recommend watching this in theaters just for that alone. The movie was good, but I've never been a Spider-Man fan or Tom Holland fan, so I didn't care for this, but I thought Tom's acting was the best he's done of the three Spider Man movies and William Defoe was legendary. His voice as the Green Goblin gave me chills. I still think Far from Home has a tighter story, whereas this one felt a little messy. Still, it's a movie for the fans more than anything, but I will say that there's one actor in this that that stole the show and if you've seen it, you know who it is.

HAWKEYE: I think this show surprised everyone on how good it turned out. It falls short on a lot of things, but there was something about the chemistry between Hailee and Jeremy that made it endearing. Plus, it was a nice feel good Christmas show. However, I still felt that it underutilized Hawkeye in favor of putting Kate Bishop in the spotlight. I really wanted him to have a hero moment in a way that he would past the Hawkeye torch to Kate at the end. But the best part of this show for me, was the introduction of Maya Lopez. As a Native American, I was very excited to see her. Even though her character was one dimensional and her story a bit rush, I'm still excited to see her in the marvel universe.  

On 1/3/2022 at 8:55 PM, TrashMagiq said:

Eternals one of the best marvel movies idc idc it was so good the critics are WRONG. I looooved how different it was from the usual Marvel stuff. I really hope the bad reviews it got won’t lead to Marvel taking less risks and sticking to what they usually do. I do think the movie was way too long tho, I could not finish it in one sitting lol. Thena obvs the highlight of the entire movie. Loved her dynamic with Gilgamesh.

qfrWuBl.png

14 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Eternals one of the best marvel movies idc idc it was so good the critics are WRONG. I looooved how different it was from the usual Marvel stuff. I really hope the bad reviews it got won’t lead to Marvel taking less risks and sticking to what they usually do. I do think the movie was way too long tho, I could not finish it in one sitting lol. Thena obvs the highlight of the entire movie. Loved her dynamic with Gilgamesh.

yes yes yes YES. 

i know the movie was real ambitious compared to more focused plots in the past, but i loved how we got little pieces of everything and things just kept in motion. the whole ikaris sersei dynamic was beautiful in concept. i wonder what's gonna happen w him an ajak

UV/Honeymoon

:beyonce:

51913875082_039b39902d.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS