Manson

An Arrow Through Your Heart | Artwork & Designs - NEW TROPICO ARTWORK

LANA DEL REY | DO U LUV ME YET? [2011]
BORN TO DIE 1.0 CONCEPT LP

Lana before darkening her sound, toning down the pop influences & when Lizzy was stronger than Del Rey...

qHwEQuv.png

K2bOfvi.jpg

Listen to the record:

53 minutes ago, Manson said:

LANA DEL REY | DO U LUV ME YET? [2011]
BORN TO DIE 1.0 CONCEPT LP

Lana before darkening her sound, toning down the pop influences & when Lizzy was stronger than Del Rey...

YMSAhWO.png

Listen to the record:

Gonna give it a listen! This is definitely interesting, and I'm glad it begins with the National Anthem superior demo, so I'm perched! :grinds: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Gonna give it a listen! This is definitely interesting, and I'm glad it begins with the National Anthem superior demo, so I'm perched! :grinds: 

It's worth the listen... only two tracks are how they were released on BTD. The rest is demos and everything sounds much more pop mixed with hip hop beats. Very 2010 Lana :flutter:

LANA DEL RAY A.K.A. LIZZY GRANT | CASSETTE

All artwork credits go to @Trash Magic I remade his old AKA design completely and created a gatefold vinyl that I might actually press and print for myself. But in the meantime I wanted to try out the design for a cassette.

2wpjBs4.jpg

8 hours ago, Manson said:

All artwork credits go to @Trash Magic I remade his old AKA design completely and created a gatefold vinyl that I might actually press and print for myself. But in the meantime I wanted to try out the design for a cassette.

2wpjBs4.jpg

So pretty I love the mood of the insert pic it looks so good printed ?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

8 hours ago, Manson said:

2wpjBs4.jpg

is it legal to buy a copy of this from you? :crai:

how much is it to put music on the tape?

13 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

So pretty I love the mood of the insert pic it looks so good printed ?

Thanks so much :kiss: You're mind is incredible and I think I started working so much on random Lana ideas that I get because of your work. The good 'ol "othercovers" days :squidward:

13 hours ago, The Siren said:

is it legal to buy a copy of this from you? :crai:

how much is it to put music on the tape?

I wouldn't sell that because it's too handmade. Only if I'd find a decent way to do it with a copy shop or something. :delish:

Making a tape is possible with little equipment for an "ok" quality. I don't have that stuff though, and I don't think I care enough for tapes to buy that.

13 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I love it omg

thx so much!

13 hours ago, expandableclitoris said:

8kClkZe.png

this looks so good, i wouldnt mind a UV alternate cover instead of that raggedy ass denim picture

@kallumlavigne did this design, I just redid it with a different editing of the picture and typo color. So all praise for him and his magnificent work :flutter: I didn't like the UO exclusive too, but it grew on me and I actually prefer it over the standard one.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:12 AM, Manson said:

2wpjBs4.jpg

Love this

EGQvBCM.jpg

Always wanted to redo the original UV cover, based on the billboards and official rare box set Interscope released in Mexico [you can see it here]. Lately I've been getting into the record again like I probably never did before. I always called it her magnum opus but loved Honeymoon much more. But somehow I just couldn't get over how perfect the record actually is. Plus I'm so fascinated that Lana just met Dan Auerbach randomly at a party, went to the studio with him and reworked everything to make UV what it is for us today. What a brilliant story. Objectively speaking, I'd even say UV is one of the best produced records of all time.

Worked a lot on retouching the picture (never noticed HOW ROUGH some details were on it) to also increase the non-existent quality. The dimensions of my edit is 3000x3000 pixel, so you can imagine how much I had to polish the picture. The grain/analogue texture is lost when it's printed or smaller, so I added a bit more than usual.

14 hours ago, Manson said:

Always wanted to redo the original UV cover, based on the billboards and official rare box set Interscope released in Mexico [you can see it here]. Lately I've been getting into the record again like I probably never did before. I always called it her magnum opus but loved Honeymoon much more. But somehow I just couldn't get over how perfect the record actually is. Plus I'm so fascinated that Lana just met Dan Auerbach randomly at a party, went to the studio with him and reworked everything to make UV what it is for us today. What a brilliant story. Objectively speaking, I'd even say UV is one of the best produced records of all time.

Got bad news for you - that boxset ain't official. You can clearly see by the looks of it but also, it says Unofficial Release right there on Discogs.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

On 10/2/2021 at 4:00 AM, Yosemite said:

Got bad news for you - that boxset ain't official. You can clearly see by the looks of it but also, it says Unofficial Release right there on Discogs.

Wut? Wow crazy! But anyway, I based the design on the billboards so it's fine i guess :creep:

ALPHA FEMALE  | LANA DEL RAY | 2010 DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASE

A concept record, would've been released after AKA and before BTD under her former stage name "Del Ray". A more bad bitch, tongue in cheek style record before kinda toning down that energy for the release of BTD. Sound-wise, this actually beats my track list for "Do U Luv Me Yet?" by far. The National Anthem version is Demo 1 and Lolita the obvious first demo version and both fit the guitar driven sound of the rest of the tracks perfectly. If anyone should care to replicate my track list and check it out - it's totally worth it! Took me a moment to create the Itunes Store graphic, hope you guys like it! The cover art was done in a very trashy, handmade style on purpose, keeping in mind what Chuck and Lana used to create together. The picture perfectly fits the content - I just love how weird and in your face it is, knowing they are two sisters about to kiss.

LIFwF6O.png

KlMtBAQ.png

WRwM6Ff.png

BLUE BANISTERS

THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR

This was so much fun! I really wanted to try something completely different to the official versions of the vinyl, including a clear vinyl. I'm super proud of how the back and gatefold turned out! The Neil Krug pictures work really well with this kind of over-editing. It makes them even more dramatic. I still prefer the standard edition over something like this, though I would have appreciated center labels with pictures like I did for these.

Na98lnp.png