Blue Rev

Angel Olsen

angel-olsen-2017-510x340.jpg

Angel Olsen (born January 22, 1987) is an American singer-songwriter and musician from St Louis, Missouri. She recorded and toured as a backing singer with Bonnie "Prince" Billy and the Cairo Gang, before embarking on her own career. She has released three albums, Half Way Home (2012), Burn Your Fire for No Witness (2014) and My Woman (2016), as well as the EP Strange Cacti (2011) and the compilation record Phases (2017).

One of my favourite current artists  :flutter:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

UGHHHHSHD she had TWO, not one, TWO concerts in Istanbul 2 days ago but i couldn't go. i'm so bitter about it. i love her

That sucks!!! Next time you have to go. I saw her live during her tour promoting My Woman and she is amazing. I love her too! Can't wait for another release.

Woman is always so good live! But I wanted to share this for the cover of Total Control, it's amazing!

i found all mirrors (the song) thru here, and i just listened to all mirrors, the album. i really liked it! there are a few songs that might have to/could grow on me, but im really blown away. listening to all mirrors feels like you're in a drama  :legend:  transcendent

I've been thinking about listening to her discography. I only know Alive and Dying (Waving, Smile) and Some Things Cosmic. I love the first one (strong Lana vibes).

Really enjoying her new album 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Love love love Angel. This is a really beautiful record. It is a bit of a shift from the previous lp’s but think it is a great mixture of her various styles and vibes. She really is a master at creating a mood and making multiple sounds/genres work for her. On top of that the emotion and lyricism… just yes.  

Initial faves 

All The Good Times

Dream Thing
Right Now
This Is How It Works
Through The Fires

That 1-2 punch of Right Now and This Is How It Works really really hits for me and is just super relatable. 

Hopefully she adds some more US dates in addition to her Wild Hearts Tour and has a Big Time leg closer to me. She is amazing live. Was able to see her when she toured My  Woman and was just a great experience. 

1 hour ago, DLT said:

Love love love Angel. This is a really beautiful record. It is a bit of a shift from the previous lp’s but think it is a great mixture of her various styles and vibes. She really is a master at creating a mood and making multiple sounds/genres work for her. On top of that the emotion and lyricism… just yes.  

Initial faves 

All The Good Times

Dream Thing
Right Now
This Is How It Works
Through The Fires

That 1-2 punch of Right Now and This Is How It Works really really hits for me and is just super relatable. 

Hopefully she adds some more US dates in addition to her Wild Hearts Tour and has a Big Time leg closer to me. She is amazing live. Was able to see her when she toured My  Woman and was just a great experience. 

yes, her voice is able to hold SO much feeling (and is just unbelievably gorgeous), can't wait to see her live this fall. wish my lp would ship already!

aOaIzH2.gif