Elle

Bartender

The "bar-t-t-tender" bits give me anxiety and I don't know why. 

I SWEAR TO GOD I OPENED THIS THREAD SO I COULD MAKE THIS EXACT STATEMENT LMAOOOO  :rip:

I don't know why. I loooove the song but that little bit gives me a really unsettling feeling. It's almost funny tbh

TjmiIK4.png

I SWEAR TO GOD I OPENED THIS THREAD SO I COULD MAKE THIS EXACT STATEMENT LMAOOOO  :rip:

I don't know why. I loooove the song but that little bit gives me a really unsettling feeling. It's almost funny tbh

I just can’t stand the way it sounds like I flinch when I hear it

I think it's supposed to be uncomfortable, though. That's the whole reason it's there.

I think it embodies her struggle with alcoholism ... it's a literal stutter, and people struggling with addiction generally "stutter" in the sense that they have relapses. It could also indicate that she's actually still drinking despite all of her attempts to stop (as drunk people stutter and slur).

And as for the "ha ha ha haaa" ... to tie in with the above, again, I think that is an expression of sarcastic amusement because it will ALWAYS be a struggle and she knows she's deluding herself to think otherwise. It could also be her laughing at the fact that she has to play all of these games to hide her relationship/s from the paparazzi.

Anyway, she said in her interviews yesterday that Bartender reflects her life right now, which I found interesting.  I wonder if that's also why she moved to San Diego, so that she has some privacy and is away from the toxic LA culture.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

love the chorus' melody overridden the lyrics, making it sounds flawless and pretty, only lana del rey can do that tbh. "I bought me a truck in the middle of the night"

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I thought this song was soooo boring with the LQ leak that I didn't listen to it even to the chorus until the official release, and fell in love immediately hearing the chorus. Someone in the pre-release pointed out that the t-t sound sounds like a camera shutter, but I'm really loving the other interpretations too. Such a great song- it feels halfway between LFL and NFR, but in a good way. Very refreshing when you're listening to the album

locals only

I have a feeling that *Strangelove* is a prequel of Bartender thematically.

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Strangelove_(song)

It's Strange – The Way We Met

A Desert Road And Then

My Car Had Stopped

And You Pulled Up

On Your Black Motorcycle

●●●●●●●

You Rode Me To The Bar

We Danced All Night Under

The Christmas Lights

In The Dark Black Night

With The Lightning And The Thunder

●●●●●●●

You Took Me To The Edge

Of Town That's Where You Slept

You Liked It Best

When No One Else Could

Find You Or Could Bother

So can we discuss what type of Truck Lana bought in the middle of the night?? Lol. Based on her IG I think it’s a GM truck... like a Chevy Silverado or a GMC Sierra ^_^ my dream trucks... ahhh my relatable fave.

BARTENDER [REMIX]

I bought me a truck in the middle of the night

I woke up the next morning and said oh shite 

I must have been drunk as fuck cos I lost my license years ago

fuck

nice cocc bro

60 MPH on PCH drive

Head to Long Beach to Newport by your side

Pretty sure this is well above the speed limit for this stretch of road.

#tbt

Cruising down the coast going 'bout 99

As a Midwesterner accustomed to straight flat freeways, I never batted an eye at the idea of driving 100 mph. But after driving several hours down the California coast on vacation recently, this is pure fantasy. Highway 1 is too winding to drive anywhere near that fast.  :crossed:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Bartender is one of her most visual songs ever. I can picture everything she's singing in my head

It's so pure and speaks right to my heart - spending all the day with my girls, drinking tea and meditating and then spending the night with the man I love

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I see this on Genuis but don't think I've seen it on here but she definitely says: "playing games of levitation" which kinda goes with this witch thing she has going. I think the video clips of her and her friends meditating on the rock will go with this song.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.