Track 10

Clairo

well damn dont reply to me if you don't wanna hear me  :facepalm:

Search Results
Web result 

you know? i don't really care enough to look it up.

her daddy paid her career? good for her! as long as i enjoy the music i don't give a shit about the rest lol and i couldn't care less about charts, so...

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

It's subpar compared to anything on her debut. 

I'm scared. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, abeloostertje said:

okay just listened to sling and i have to say: its boring all throughout. 

I'll be the judge of that.. about to listen soon :makeup:

edit:yeah on first listen it was very underwhelming :/ 

I loved it. Very warm and gentle. Much better than the first album, which was truly boring imo. I love the little flourishes of sax and harp. It sounds exactly what the album cover looks like. Total winter album tho imo so a bit of a weird release date. Maybe I'm just influenced by the snow on the album cover. 

what a disappointing snooze-fest compared to her debut, why am i not surprised jackoff is behind this either...

he probably thought adding no chorus' would make it more "honest"

clairo shouldn't be making these kind of songs because her vocal style is super boring so she needs interesting production/melody to fall back on, that's why immunity worked so well for her... only an artist with exciting vocals can pull this kind of stripped back music off, she just sounds like every other bland indie singer on this album

Spoiler

maybe this was a little harsh, hopefully it'll grow on me though

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really liked this album. Mellow, warm and delicate melodies, soft voice. It gives me vibes of forest trip or sitting under blanket in bed in rainy day. And that's why it should be release at the end of September cause it sounds more like autumn/winter album.

really not into it, the songs are weird and hard to listen in full without falling asleep. i’m a biggest clairo stan but this vibe ain’t my cup of tea

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Oh boy, I loved her first EP and debut album, but this one is boring af. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

she should have cut this down to just 4/5 tracks and made it into a little EP cus nobody wants to sit through 12 tracks that all sound the same

waiting for her to announce her real sophomore album very soon... 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It would've made a compelling EP but as a full body of work it just plods along. It's like drafts of songs cobbled into 1, some are absent of melodies altogether, weird rhythms that don't go with the lyrics. It's a difficult listen, I know the more I listen to it the more my opinion will change, but it's going to take a lot for me to revisit it.

BzhmW.png

Damn I was expecting a lot from this lmao hopefully it will grow on me but all the songs are pretty similar to each other there’s not really anything that stands out to me or made me go wow that was amazing. 

Spoiler

Now I’m not saying jack is behind this but…. Is it really just a coincidence… :hillary:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

I lowkey think y’all are crazy— this is her best body of work for me, by far. Such an odd but fantastic album. She’s ACTUALLY giving the Joni teas that Lana claims to be giving. I think she’s a ridiculously strong songwriter; the only reason people are saying the songs “sound the same” is because she uses a quiet vocal on every one.

Lana should hear this and take note of what Jack can do with instrumentation, because this album’s production is stellar. 

Is Immunity more of a summer album? I was going to give Sling a listen but I've seen a few posts about it being more suited for end of summer / when it starts to get colder. I think I'd rather wait for the weather to be appropriate to help me get into it. I haven't heard Immunity either, I only know the 2017-18 singles.