Sign in to follow this  
May

Sufjan Stevens

7 hours ago, May said:

I’m waiting for midnight (or tomorrow when I get super drunk) :lolliney: what’re everyone’s ratings for the tracks?

Not ratings but my ranking thus far: 

Spoiler

Tell Me You Love Me

Run Away With Me 

Landslide

America

Ursa Major

Ativan 

Goodbye to All That

Lamentations 

The Ascension 

Make Me An Offer I Cannot Refuse 

Sugar 

Death Star

Video Game

Gilgamesh

Die Happy

Album is an 8/10 for me :bop: 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I’m absolutely floored by ‘tell me you love me’

no words

I’ve only listened to the first half of the album so far, I literally couldn’t make it all the way through (not in a dramatic way, it’s just a long ass album lol) but wow this is exactly the direction I wanted him to take

RVhKIwP.gif

So... I been trying to get into this album and I think it's growing on me but in a slow mode. Ngl the only song I currently love and feel is 'Tell Me You Love Me'. There are other tracks I just like, thing that makes me feel uneducated since I find this album astonishing, it's kind of a commercial & modern version of TAOA (which is great!) but yeah, it's kinda a difficult but also extremely direct, deep and great record :fabcat:

Spoiler

again i feel uneducated

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The album is wonderful but after a few months sitting with it it’s not one my top 3 sufjan records. Still love it tho, it’s not like sufjan has made a bad record, really. Even his debut with all it abrasive weirdness is enjoyable. 

Get the tissues ladies! When his music hits, its my favorite of all time, but when it misses, I can't even listen to it... I'm always excited to hear his evolving sound though

manifesting :tanisha:

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

The project is called "Meditations", and the track "Meditation V" will be available tomorrow. It's a 2:11 long instrumental, and very similar to the "Aporia" album with Lowell released last year.

G5yAsZh.jpg 

gaOkbfo.png

vLIABKC.jpg

Official announcement: https://asthmatickitty.com/announcing-convocations-by-sufjan-stevens/ 

"Convocations" is an instrumental album by Sufjan with five volumes - "Meditations", "Lamentations", "Revelations", "Celebrations" and "Incantations". 49 tracks in total.

Released digitally May 6, and on 5 x coloured vinyl August 20.

Pre-order starting April 8: https://store.asthmatickitty.com/collections/vinyl/products/sufjan-stevens-convocation 

I liked Aporia last year, so I'm definitely intrigued by this and will give it a stream, even if I don't return to that album often and an instrumental project like this isn't exactly what I'd like as a fan.

I really loved The Ascension though and still play that all the time, so if this turns out to be something that's not for me it's no bother. I'm just happy he seems to be releasing regularly - there was a great collaboration with CARM recently called Song Of Trouble you all might like:

4 minutes ago, dru said:

I liked Aporia last year, so I'm definitely intrigued by this and will give it a stream, even if I don't return to that album often and an instrumental project like this isn't exactly what I'd like as a fan.

I really loved The Ascension though and still play that all the time, so if this turns out to be something that's not for me it's no bother. I'm just happy he seems to be releasing regularly - there was a great collaboration with CARM recently called Song Of Trouble you all might like:

yeah at the end of the day even tho I most likely won’t be listening to the new project I’m not mad or disappointed,  bc he has sooo many songs out there, a lot I’ve still not heard. I’m happy that he’s just doing what he wants :lolliney:

RVhKIwP.gif

2 minutes ago, May said:

yeah at the end of the day even tho I most likely won’t be listening to the new project I’m not mad or disappointed,  bc he has sooo many songs out there, a lot I’ve still not heard. I’m happy that he’s just doing what he wants :lolliney:

Haha, yeah, there are so many random releases I've never listened to yet. I still need to fully dive into all the Christmas music, too (despite that Justice Delivers Its Death is still one of my top Sufjan songs!) :rip:

11 minutes ago, dru said:

Haha, yeah, there are so many random releases I've never listened to yet. I still need to fully dive into all the Christmas music, too (despite that Justice Delivers Its Death is still one of my top Sufjan songs!) :rip:

omg definitely get into his Christmas stuff sis it has a few discography highlights underneath all the mess. Barcarola (You Must Be A Christmas Tree) is in my top 3 sufjan :defeated:

RVhKIwP.gif