Sign in to follow this  
May

Sufjan Stevens

4 more hours

info was leaked early by an article where the album is described as a pop record at heart :oprah:

Ohhhh any more nuggets of info?? I figured his new record would be like his more bombastic work considering the track lengths of everything.

The new song is good! It’s definitely a 3 minute song stretched into 10 minutes (not unlike Venice Bitch lol) but that isn’t necessarily a fault. It will definitely work as a closer. I understand why he shared it first if it was truly the launching point of the new record

Ohhhh any more nuggets of info?? I figured his new record would be like his more bombastic work considering the track lengths of everything.

The new song is good! It’s definitely a 3 minute song stretched into 10 minutes (not unlike Venice Bitch lol) but that isn’t necessarily a fault. It will definitely work as a closer. I understand why he shared it first if it was truly the launching point of the new record

It’s heavily inspired by 80s and 90s (specifically Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson) with catchy hooks but stays true to sufjan’s soft vocals apparently :oprah: 

RVhKIwP.gif

So so soooo good. It's such an experience - catchy and beautiful, I am in awe how it moves between movements. I can't wait for the next album! 

Also, I just finished The Politician (lol...) but I NEVER skip the intro because of Chicago. I just love it too much!!

3lfQEhw.png

So so soooo good. It's such an experience - catchy and beautiful, I am in awe how it moves between movements. I can't wait for the next album!

Also, I just finished The Politician (lol...) but I NEVER skip the intro because of Chicago. I just love it too much!!

Such a good use of that song! it fits the intro perfectly

I finished watching This Is Us a couple weeks ago and they use Sufjan a lot, you can always tell when show creators stan sufjan bc they use him a LOT lmaoo

RVhKIwP.gif

I love it.

I’ve liked everything from this album so far but I do need the rest of the album to have more punch to it

Agreed! I love America and really liked My Rajneesh, but they are kinda . . . docile? Punch is definitely the right way to describe it. Nothing is giving me HIGH energy next.

3lfQEhw.png

Agreed! I love America and really liked My Rajneesh, but they are kinda . . . docile? Punch is definitely the right way to describe it. Nothing is giving me HIGH energy next.

Exactly, nothing as of yet is as sonically climatic as Planetarium or as heartwrenching as C&L. I’ve seen a lot of fans compare this era to age of adz, in which case I hope we’ll get a couple of ‘I want to be well’ or ‘vesuvius’’s :oprah:

RVhKIwP.gif

Video Game has grown on me a lot, especially when I'm not focusing on it 100% with the music video, and taking as a just a fun pop song. It's so different to his other stuff including the other two singles so far. BUT, I am super excited now, and I'm listening to a ton of his older stuff at the moment. 

I also made it through Run Rabbit Run today for the first time, but still haven't listened to Decalogue or Aporia in full . . . :awkney:

Also unnff I just need to gush, this is gay rights

tumblr_n18fdtECh11sjfqsno1_1280.jpg

He is my celebrity crush. :oic:

3lfQEhw.png

Trying to get through his instrumental catalogue, but my favourite by far is his work for Eve 

It's a bit of slow burn, I heard it about a month ago and literally couldn't stop thinking about it tonight. Just beautiful, sad and understated music. 5:54! 

:crai:

3lfQEhw.png