Mileena

Alice Glass

I kinda agree that the rest of the album is sorta "meh". It's hits with the lyrics, but it's not something I'd really feel like playing. I'm glad she got it out though. The 'singles' were definitely a good choice. I hope she does something more with Everybody Else. I can totally hear that song as the opening title to some creepy dark TV show. (Edit: I only just saw it got a music video oh!)

21 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Only heard the album once, but it was very….meh?….i dunno, i gotta hear it more. 

18 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Everybody Else is the best new song for sure, but I Trusted You is still my favorite overall.. the album is too short though!! I’m gonna add the EP in there and figure out my own track list. 

2 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I kinda agree that the rest of the album is sorta "meh". It's hits with the lyrics, but it's not something I'd really feel like playing. I'm glad she got it out though. The 'singles' were definitely a good choice. I hope she does something more with Everybody Else. I can totally hear that song as the opening title to some creepy dark TV show. 

I agree with you all.

Even though I liked the album entirely, I kinda felt underwhelmed overall, I blame these situations:

1. The songs are way too damn short.

2. The mixing is kinda off sometimes, There are beats that lacked a certain punch and make certain songs sound fuller instead of dull.

3. The closer track is so unnecessary, a shame it's not another full song.

4. The wait was way too long.

5. The overall sound is way too similar to the one she had 5 years ago with her debut EP, there was no evolution nor development for her as an artist.

6. We all know she can do better, she has done so much better during CC.

Anyway, it's a solid album, but Im not crazy about it, expected so much more, and the thing that hurts the experience the most for me was that the songs are way too darn short.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

19 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Everybody Else is the best new song for sure, but I Trusted You is still my favorite overall.. the album is too short though!! I’m gonna add the EP in there and figure out my own track list. 

let me know what ends up sounding best :party:

giphy.gif

definitely feel her record left a lot to be desired which is kind of sad considering how long it took. the cover bothers me so much it looks like a shane dawson youtube thumbnail, would be cooler as a mixtape maybe..idk it’s not my favorite for a debut way underwhelming when compared to solo ep or other cc stuff 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:42 PM, bigspender said:

let me know what ends up sounding best :party:

attachment-alice-glass-prey-iv-album-cov

WITHOUT LOVE 

PREY

PINNED BENEATH LIMBS

LOVE IS VIOLENCE 

NATURAL SELECTION

WITCH HUNT

BABY TEETH

FORGIVENESS 

EVERYBODY ELSE

FAIR GAME

THE HUNTED

BLOOD OATH

SUFFER & SWALLOW

SUFFER IN PEACE

ANIMOSITY

WHITE LIES

SLEEP IT OFF

I TRUSTED YOU

SORROW ENDS

THE ALTAR

sorry if that took up a lot of space on the page.. I'm too old to remember how using a spoiler works on here. :toofloppy:

anyway I'm really pleased with my tracklist!! it helped me appreciate some of the less standout songs on the album.

I feel like the EP songs are mostly stronger than what we got with the album.. white lies is probably her best song. I really love the flow of the last 5 songs together.

also I'm annoyed bc her song Sleep It Off was "album only" on iTunes, so  I had to spend like $10 for one song basically. :thumb2:

14417469274.gif

14 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

WITHOUT LOVE 

PREY

PINNED BENEATH LIMBS

LOVE IS VIOLENCE 

NATURAL SELECTION

WITCH HUNT

BABY TEETH

FORGIVENESS 

EVERYBODY ELSE

FAIR GAME

THE HUNTED

BLOOD OATH

SUFFER & SWALLOW

SUFFER IN PEACE

ANIMOSITY

WHITE LIES

SLEEP IT OFF

I TRUSTED YOU

SORROW ENDS

THE ALTAR

Such an upgrade.

I wouldn't have minded having a 20 track album even if there are songs that are about 5 years older than the rest of the materia. 

I hate how she awfully paid dust to the droplets.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 2/23/2022 at 4:44 AM, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

WITHOUT LOVE 

PREY

PINNED BENEATH LIMBS

LOVE IS VIOLENCE 

NATURAL SELECTION

WITCH HUNT

BABY TEETH

FORGIVENESS 

EVERYBODY ELSE

FAIR GAME

THE HUNTED

BLOOD OATH

SUFFER & SWALLOW

SUFFER IN PEACE

ANIMOSITY

WHITE LIES

SLEEP IT OFF

I TRUSTED YOU

SORROW ENDS

THE ALTAR

sorry if that took up a lot of space on the page.. I'm too old to remember how using a spoiler works on here. :toofloppy:

anyway I'm really pleased with my tracklist!! it helped me appreciate some of the less standout songs on the album.

I feel like the EP songs are mostly stronger than what we got with the album.. white lies is probably her best song. I really love the flow of the last 5 songs together.

also I'm annoyed bc her song Sleep It Off was "album only" on iTunes, so  I had to spend like $10 for one song basically. :thumb2:

this is why stans should find a career in artist managment 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This album aged so fast for me 😢 

I guess Yeule is the new Alice Glass after all lol