Masochism

ROSALÍA

On 11/8/2021 at 11:08 PM, athena said:

?

I'm sorry, my mistake. 

She*

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

la fama would be cute as a stand-alone droplet… i really hate the weeknd’s voice so its kinda hard for me to listen to even tho i love how shes doing bachata:rollin: 

i hope motomami is more artpop and cohesive like el mal querer (THE GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ALBUM!!!) but i have low hopes as i would be VERY surprised if it comes even close to the perfection that is EMQ

Just now, Volta said:

wait what really?? let me look that up

Yes, it's her final thesis for her flamenco music studies/career, she based EMQ from a book called "Flamenca" a medieval book from S. xiii, she narrated the story through the music and the lyrics, but changed the end of the story on her album, she is crazy talented 

original.gif

16 hours ago, venicebitx said:

Yes, it's her final thesis for her flamenco music studies/career, she based EMQ from a book called "Flamenca" a medieval book from S. xiii, she narrated the story through the music and the lyrics, but changed the end of the story on her album, she is crazy talented 

oh my goddd i never knew that, that just elevated my respect for her and emq even further… what an absolute legend

Just now, Volta said:

oh my goddd i never knew that, that just elevated my respect for her and emq even further… what an absolute legend

She is the absolute best, here in Spain, specially Catalonia were she is from, everything during the drop of EMQ was around her and how she produced and translated that tragic story to the music, there’s analisis about the meaning of the songs relating to the story and a toxic relationship that are so mesmerizing, also making references to spanish/gypsy culture (the book it’s about a gypsy woman), but i don’t know if they are in english tho…

original.gif

17 minutes ago, Volta said:

I did not know about that as well, another reason for her to be my girl crush she's amazing :trisha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

She is the absolute best, here in Spain, specially Catalonia were she is from, everything during the drop of EMQ was around her and how she produced and translated that tragic story to the music, there’s analisis about the meaning of the songs relating to the story and a toxic relationship that are so mesmerizing, also making references to spanish/gypsy culture (the book it’s about a gypsy woman), but i don’t know if they are in english tho…

ahhh thank you i’ll be watching this! i’m not fluent in spanish but i am in the process of learning & i practice as much as i can so english subtitles aren’t personally necessary

20 hours ago, venicebitx said:

I'm just reading the book now because of her! It's called "The Romance of Flamenca"

Btw guys have you heard this, I love it especially because Weeknd is so annoying :flutter:

15 minutes ago, Manson said:

I'm just reading the book now because of her! It's called "The Romance of Flamenca"

Btw guys have you heard this, I love it especially because Weeknd is so annoying :flutter:

THANK YOU FOR THIS

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

i can't wait for motomami. i have saoko and candy snippets stuck in my head all the time :defeated:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

recently started listening to her music I listened to some of her new singles then I decided to listen to El Mal Querer and this is a masterpiece like this is a work of art this album is amazing, like it's beautiful after this I have to listen to the rest of her work, everything I've listened to so far is amazing (the weeknds voice in La Fama was not my thing though)

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~