Masochism

ROSALÍA

On 7/15/2022 at 9:58 PM, prettywhenimhigh said:

OBSESSED WITH MOTOMAMI SINCE DAY ONE NOT A SINGLE SONG IN THIS ALBUM IS BAD I LOVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING

I don't really understand why it gets so much hate (Can't judge for the lyrics tho obviously as I only speak french and english), I've had it in my car since release day and I listen to Saoko pretty much every day before going to work

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

7 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I don't really understand why it gets so much hate (Can't judge for the lyrics tho obviously as I only speak french and english), I've had it in my car since release day and I listen to Saoko pretty much every day before going to work

80% of Motomami lyrics are atrocious, but some of the melodies are great and the production is interesting. 

I don't think it's a good album at all, but at least it's pretty dumb fun, that's what she was aiming for after all, and that's OK. 

But whoever claims the lyrics are great and the album is deep, well... I'm speechless. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Despecha HEAVEN, she just can’t stop winning ugh obsessed :defeated:

my head just keeps looping LO MUEVO DE LA'O A LA'O Y A OTRO LA'O :grinds::kris:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, clementines said:

man I frl bop to MOTOMAMI almost everyday...but are the lyrics frl that bad bc I only speak/understand English 

hentai’s lyrics are so tacky but its like part of the character imo. and that song is one of the best songs released this year! so idec! :true:

57 minutes ago, clementines said:

man I frl bop to MOTOMAMI almost everyday...but are the lyrics frl that bad bc I only speak/understand English 

so far it's my favorite album of the year!

motomami is supposed to be experimental, fresh and quirky in a fun way and I don't understand why people are so angry about homegirl having fun and experimenting with other stuff and having some silly pop lyrics here and there. people make it seem like she's just talking gibberish from track 1 to track 16, which isn't true at all. one of the themes she explores throughout the whole thing is fame and its consequences and she just wrote about that in a different way, it's not like she got stupid and doesn't know how to write anymore

if people want deep lyrics from beginning to end just listen to her other projects?? the album is about her, what she likes and it has a clear artistic direction that she created and imo does not lose to el mal querer, I think both projects are on the same level of greatness even though they're complete opposites 

I think the minimalistic and experimental production is what makes it so great and it's clearly the focus point of this project, so if someone doesn't vibe with that I understand, but I think it's pretty unfair the amount of hate torwards her and the album just because of some silly lyrics 

edit: so sorry for the essay lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

damn i wanna be bopping to this song at the beach

right I just wanna be there with her :trisha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg