Sign in to follow this  

Beautiful People Rough

This lyric is on some kind of Black Beauty level of sadness, shit. :sadcore6:  Maybe we would never have heard the melody if Stevie Nicks didn't work with the song too, I feel like these lines would have been too dark for an album called Lust For Life...!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Beautiful People; Original Meaning

Response to her notorious Guardian interview fiasco. Putting her trust into the interviewer and he takes that to his advantage and makes an extremely controversial comment into the headline. The song’s chorus details the public’s view on the situation. The verses go ultra Lana Del Rey purposely to combat the comments about her songwriting, possibly too much as she describes abuse from her lover.

“You get so mad when I complain” The public gets mad at her for saying what she had said.

“You think I’m crazy but” While they get mad, they also don’t see why she’s hurt.

“I hear them talk, they say my name” The press, critics, public talk all about her.

Then in the chorus we switch to the POV of the public.

“All these beautiful people with beautiful problems//God knows I’ve got them” Celebrites with problems that normal people face everyday, the public doesn’t recognize that celebrities can have real problems and they discard it as them being dramatic.

“She wants to die, then she should fucking try” GP’s opinion on the situation, If Lana really wants to die then she should do it instead of complaining.

Then in the bridge background vocals come in “I can tell you what I really want”, she’s going telling the GP she doesn’t really want to die, but it’s a cry for help.

I won’t get into the verses since they don’t seem to have much to do with the general message other than being sarcastic. But the original song just goes to show how deeply she was affected by the Guardian interview and how much trust she had lost in interviewers and the public’s opinion on her. Even now today she’s obviously still affected, recording every interview, being cautious about what she speaks about and never letting herself feel comfortable in interviews anymore. Fuck the Guardian guy, It makes me so so so SO angry how he claimed to be a fan and to let her wall down and completely stabbed her in the back for a headline. Even going as far as leaking the audio when she tried to save herself. I hope he’s happy his favorite artist will never ever have love for him again

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

The snippet of the chorus reminds me of the layering in the TNC demo. Is this how all of her more recent demos are? Or is it bad quality of the recording? Idfk but i love it and i wish she didnt get rid of it for that 'cleaner' sound that she herself said she doesn't even like much

Eclipse is KING /QUEEN

Edit: flattery’s not working nvm

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You