Amadeus

Galilee, Israel @ Meteor Festival - Sep 7, 2018 (CANCELLED)

she already performed in turkey and russia. selective outrage about israel is just as stupid as blindly defending their politics.

Human rights abuses in Israel are absolute and violent, oppressive blatantly - she would be legitimising that. I don't agree with Russian or Turkish politics in their entirety either but to normalise Israeli occupation would be a dangerous misstep. Stop the whataboutery - just because she doesn't condemn all atrocities in the world doesn't mean she should then ignore those committed by the state of Israel

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Human rights abuses in Israel are absolute and violent, oppressive blatantly - she would be legitimising that. I don't agree with Russian or Turkish politics in their entirety either but to normalise Israeli occupation would be a dangerous misstep. Stop the whataboutery - just because she doesn't condemn all atrocities in the world doesn't mean she should then ignore those committed by the state of Israel

normalising israeli occupation would be a dangerous misstep but it’s okay to normalise what russia or tukey have been and are doing?

wasn’t there just a gay purge in chechnya? whatever as long as lorde can sing homemade dynamite and dance to it it’s fine i guess

i76mrxw.png 

Why are you guys keep talking about politics and that kind of stuff?? You're just making a huge drama out of something that doesn't even need to be dramatic, which is just Lana, singing for her fans who love her. Saying that Lana is pro for fucked up shit just because she's singing for her fans that she loves is incredibly stupid. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

normalising israeli occupation would be a dangerous misstep but it’s okay to normalise what russia or tukey have been and are doing?

wasn’t there just a gay purge in chechnya? whatever as long as lorde can sing homemade dynamite and dance to it it’s fine i guess

Yes, it would be a dangerous misstep. Who said it was okay to normalise other rights violations? The issue is avoiding Israel in particular because of the violence of occupation. She can do that as well as avoid performing in Russia or Turkey based on her own political convictions. What I'm saying is that whether or not she chooses to perform in Israel will make the nature of such convictions clear

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

she already performed in turkey and russia. selective outrage about israel is just as stupid as blindly defending their politics.

To add to that this bitch had that iconic headpiece in Russia and it's one of my favorite outfits. Same with that Istanbul orange flowery dress.

So let's at least hope a good outfit is worth this mess.

Idk if I'm joking or not to be honest. Doesn't matter now

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I really don't get this outrage about her performing at this festival. I said this before in another thread but, should artists also not perform in America because Trump's seperating kids from their families and putting them in literal concentration camps? Are we just gonna ignore that the US military bombed Syria and killed innocent people? Are artists supporting this by performing in the US? Lana has fans in Israel who also wanna see her live.

People shouldn't be punished because their government is fucked up. 

qfrWuBl.png

Idk if we're allowed to talk about the political conflict on this thread, but if y'all gonna make accusations then at least have the decency to cite credible sources. Otherwise your statements mean NOTHING.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

It looks like she’s going through with the performance. She posted the following message on twitter -

42330215610_0c38f77394_b.jpg

42330215680_b3274ce339_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS