TrashMagiq

Kacey Musgraves

I normally don’t like country music but miss yeehaw really got me emotional over a song with the line “Go on ride away, in your Silverado”.

Her older work is very country, but her latest album Golden Hour is more pop-y. My favorite album released this year tbh.

qfrWuBl.png

golden hour is top 10 of the year, every song is flawless.

highly recommend her earlier work as well, it's a bit more cynical than golden hour but songs like Merry Go Round and Follow Your Arrow (the latter of which features a chorus about being gay... she won) (both links go to youtube official videos btw) are drags at hypocrisy and the problems with morality plaguing a lot of rural america right now, so glad i found out about her.

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I saw her live once in Nashville, for a Christmas concert. She was AWESOME. Didn't know her then, just wanted to attend a Christmas show and her show fit my schedule. She included a few non christmas songs in her setlist which i liked a lot. So I started listening to her on Spotify and really got into a lot of her songs: Fine, High Time, Merry Go Round, Blowing Smoke...

From her latest effort, I reaaaally enjoy Space Cowboy and High Horse. Clever, funny, witty lyrics, great vocals (and pretty, at that too...) What's there not to love ?

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I fucking love her, she’s a gay icon

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

what's the general opinion around here on Pageant Material as an album?  i absolutely LOVE like half of it (late to the party, pageant material, die fun, miserable, family is family, fine/are you sure) but the other half just doesn't catch me as much.

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother