partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

16 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

And then Ultraviolence as is, but we have some tracks that we definitely know have been scrapped from it (my mind tells me these are exclusive to the later stages of UV due to most of these songs being reworked with Auerbach / contemplated in late stages, but not sure), which are:

• Yes to Heaven
  • Your Girl
  • Cult Leader
  • Fine China
  • I Can Fly
  • If You Lie Down with Me
  • Let Me Love You Like a Woman

I like to think any of the Tropico list would eventually have been repurposed for Ultraviolence.

I'd have put If You Lie Down With Me alongside the Tropico era, lyrically it matches songs like Starry Eyed and JFK? It doesn't seem as refined as some of the latter Ultraviolence tracks. But that's just my opinion haha

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Omg :rip: It’s so meta that actual chaos would follow a movie as chaotic as SB and its successors. I think a combination of all the possibilities you mentioned was the case.

Like, she wrote it for SB2 in January 2014 when Harmony Korine asked her to, but then SB2 got scrapped and Harmony Korine then pivoted to work on The Trap (which was described as part of his “Florida trilogy” that previously included Spring Breakers) but then it was quickly confirmed that that film wouldn’t get green-lit for its original November 2014 release so Lana just put it on Ultraviolence. I guess the film got picked up again briefly in 2015 for a tentative release date based on what she said to James Franco in the V Mag Interview, but obviously failed to materialize again. Thank goodness tbh, because Florida Kilos is a highlight and I’m glad we got to hear it sooner than later. 

tbh theres something about FK vs the rest of UV that it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. maybe if we got an earlier version of the album + FK, then it'd work?

i think FK took up another song's spot :tea:

6 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

as for Queen of Hearts and Don't Stop, I don't consider them to be part of any of these sessions, they're just too random and don't fit sonically so I keep them out.

then either they were recorded for the sake of finding a new sound or there was another scrapped project starting around this time?

i literally can’t believe how much music this woman was making in 2013 because she was on that extensive Paradise Tour at the same time. all of the music from 2010-2011 is kind of understandable, but how did she have the TIME and energy for everything she did pre-UV 😭

Just now, The Siren said:

tbh theres something about FK vs the rest of UV that it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. maybe if we got an earlier version of the album + FK, then it'd work?

i think FK took up another song's spot :tea:

Well, Lana herself said to Complex in 2014 that in her mind, the bonus tracks don’t really gel well with the standard 11 tracks on Ultraviolence, so she probably feels the same way as you lol. Nonetheless, with deluxe editions, I’m a bit less attuned to cohesion because they’re so ancillary to the rest of the album (and the standard edition of Ultraviolence is perfectly cohesive!).

Just now, lilac heaven said:

i literally can’t believe how much music this woman was making in 2013 because she was on that extensive Paradise Tour at the same time. all of the music from 2010-2011 is kind of understandable, but how did she have the TIME and energy for everything she did pre-UV 😭

how far were the recording studios from the tour venues/hotels she stayed at during tour? :oop:

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

then either they were recorded for the sake of finding a new sound or there was another scrapped project starting around this time?

I'm pretty sure these were recorded for Mike Will Made It's album 'Been Trill' and never completed 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

how far were the recording studios from the tour venues/hotels she stayed at during tour? :oop:

Lanapedia says Nectar of the Gods and Cherry Blossom were recorded May 5th, 2013, so those ones had to have been recorded in Europe considering she had a tour stop on May 4th in Monaco and May 6th in Rome

I think Lana always envisioned Ultraviolence as just the 11 track album? From what I remember wasn't she really against the deluxe edition, hence why it was the last album of hers to get bonus tracks.

Black Beauty was clearly popular with the record label and Lana had maybe moved on from that song (especially cos it had leaked) but the label liked it. 

Florida Kilos maybe was still intended to feature in a movie at the time of release and perhaps the label wanted to cash in by including it? But also I remember reading somewhere that it was one of her dad's favourite songs she'd recorded at the time.

Part of me feels like she didn't have much say in the bonus tracks? As I'm sure she would have put songs like Living Legend etc on there since she clearly still values those tracks...

@Glitter Boy sorry to tag you again, but i just remembered that someone said (at least early versions of) Old Money and MPG were recorded 2012 too, so could they have been considered for Tropico before Ultraviolence was a thought?

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Lanapedia says Nectar of the Gods and Cherry Blossom were recorded May 5th, 2013, so those ones had to have been recorded in Europe considering she had a tour stop on May 4th in Monaco and May 6th in Rome

wait actually! i haven’t seen this mentioned before but I just found that those two songs had to have been recorded at Punto Rec Studios in Turin, Italy

A8246-AC8-9-FCF-4-AE5-A105-5-C4-BFC66-D1

7 minutes ago, bored said:

I think Lana always envisioned Ultraviolence as just the 11 track album? From what I remember wasn't she really against the deluxe edition, hence why it was the last album of hers to get bonus tracks.

i think she said she didnt like deluxe editions in general.

Just now, lilac heaven said:

jfc i forgot this woman shot the Tropico film in summer 2013 too 😭 girl was BOOKED and BUSY

could the film have been different/longer with more songs depending on how the second album was coming together?

11 minutes ago, The Siren said:

@Glitter Boy sorry to tag you again, but i just remembered that someone said (at least early versions of) Old Money and either MPG or PWYC were recorded 2012 too, so could they have been considered for Tropico before Ultraviolence was a thought?

Yup, totally possible!

8 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

wait actually! i haven’t seen this mentioned before but I just found that those two songs had to have been recorded at Punto Rec Studios in Turin, Italy

A8246-AC8-9-FCF-4-AE5-A105-5-C4-BFC66-D1

Yeah, I remember that it was said Fabrizio Argiolas was in charge of the session (not the producer, more like in engineering and stuff). It was confirmed the songs were recorded there when they leaked back in 2019 iirc.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yup, totally possible!

Yeah, I remember that it was said Fabrizio Argiolas was in charge of the session (not the producer, more like in engineering and stuff). It was confirmed the songs were recorded there when they leaked back in 2019 iirc.

2019? idk why my mind thought LL leaked ages before NFR came out :deadbanana:

Just now, The Siren said:

2019? idk why my mind thought LL leaked ages before NFR came out :deadbanana:

Cherry Blossom and Nectar leaked in 2019, Living Legend leaked in 2020 along with I Talk to Jesus and Life Is Beautiful iirc. UGH THIS MESS :deadbanana: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 minutes ago, partymonster said:

not me thinkin omggg lana hittin the hookah

gurl where?

FKHf1ZoUcAQTefO?format=jpg&name=medium

oh, what about Riverside and The Good Life? were they recorded in 2014? for UV or Honeymoon? or something else at the time?