partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Hi everyone, thank you so much for collective effort to get my account back!

Before I answer anything, I just wanted to say that at the end of the day I am not Lana, I am not in her head, I was not in the room when these songs were made and there is always a tiny bit of chance that I am wrong. Everything I'm revealing is based on (sometimes years of researching) things I listened to, read about or heard from people who worked with her directly. I do find timeliness, demos, drafts etc very fascinating as it gives you some additional cool insight of what was happening behind the scenes so I'll happily join the discussions here

Welcome back :wub:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

10 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Hi everyone, thank you so much for collective effort to get my account back!

Before I answer anything, I just wanted to say that at the end of the day I am not Lana, I am not in her head, I was not in the room when these songs were made and there is always a tiny bit of chance that I am wrong. Everything I'm revealing is based on (sometimes years of researching) things I listened to, read about or heard from people who worked with her directly. I do find timeliness, demos, drafts etc very fascinating as it gives you some additional cool insight of what was happening behind the scenes so I'll happily join the discussions here

welcome back! :party:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I don't know if it's ok to just continue it all in this thread, but I guess everything related to unreleased material from UV does count as "Scrapped 3rd album" discussion.

Starting with the name, I personally never heard of "Trans-Am" being referenced, whether as a song title, album title or some project. Maybe it was a code name Lana used, maybe something insignificant. I did however see Tropico being used interchangeably as LP2/Second studio album form late 2012. I suspect that Lana had a visual idea for it from the start and already was in talks to make a movie for it in early stages. Maybe it went as far as her signing some agreements or label scheduling some timelines that had to be met in order to make the visual happen, but when it approached Lana might have decided she is not ready with the record at all and needs more time to finish it so they made ultimate decision to use the visual for Paradise edition instead. Since the name Tropico was more attached to the visual theme than the album she was making, she changed the album name and kept Tropico for the movie

do you know anything about "melancholia"? if you're cool with sharing anything about it 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

But then why did this 2013 photo of this supposed tracklist not include any paradise tracks? If she kept it for the film it would've made sense to include some paradise tracks in this, no? Unless this photo was misdated?

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

What I see here and what seems to make sense by what existed in January 2013 already:

1. Old Money?
2. Black Beauty?
3.  ??
4. Lake Placid
5. Summertime
6. Melancholia
7. Jesus (ITTJ)
8. Pink Champagne - this is the original name of Let Me Love You Like A Woman demo
9. Elvis

10. Earthquakes

and further I can't read, but it Guns n Roses, Money Power Glory and maybe Cherry Blossom I'd expect to be on such draft from that time as well

is elvis a rework of the 2008 laptop demo, or a new song?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, The Siren said:

But then why did this 2013 photo of this supposed tracklist not include any paradise tracks? If she kept it for the film it would've made sense to include some paradise tracks in this, no? Unless this photo was misdated?

Because it was not planned. She wanted the visual to be made for songs only from the new record. I guess she wanted to launch the album alongside, but when she realized the album was not ready they just decided to use it for Paradise era and create different visuals for LP2 when it's all done.

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

is elvis a rework of the 2008 laptop demo, or a new song?

Never heard about Elvis being actually reworked, but it's a song Lana remembered if that makes sense. Also wasn't it used for some movie a few years ago, that Lana acknowledged as well? They surely used the "final" existing version there

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Never heard about Elvis being actually reworked, but it's a song Lana remembered if that makes sense. Also wasn't it used for some movie a few years ago, that Lana acknowledged as well? They surely used the "final" existing version there

yeah, there's no knowledge of elvis being re-recorded or any studio version of it existing, but it's interesting that it's there, i was just wondering if you knew if it was a new song or if it was the "elvis" we already had, if this is the already-leaked elvis, it could've been a different, more complete version, the version that was used in that documentary is the laptop demo

also, any information about "earthquakes"?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Yes To Heaven said:

@BlackoutZone welcome back :kiss:

small questions:

1. Did Lana recorded vocals for Ave Maria 
  2. Talking like an Answering Machine - Real or mistakenly registered song
  3. any info on the track Melancholia? who produced it? which part(s) were reused for UV?

we have a confirmed snippet of the vocals version of ave maria 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

yeah, there's no knowledge of elvis being re-recorded or any studio version of it existing, but it's interesting that it's there, i was just wondering if you knew if it was a new song or if it was the "elvis" we already had, if this is the already-leaked elvis, it could've been a different, more complete version, the version that was used in that documentary is the laptop demo

I think this is something she could have planned, but never executed. Even though the picture was from 2013 the notepad writing, could have been a bit older, but either way at that time some of the other songs only existed as voice memos/laptop demos as well. So she just put together what she liked and planned to finish and that's something she kept changing a lot further on

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

I think this is something she could have planned, but never executed. Even though the picture was from 2013 the notepad writing, could have been a bit older, but either way at that time some of the other songs only existed as voice memos/laptop demos as well. So she just put together what she liked and planned to finish and that's something she kept changing a lot further on

thanks for sharing so much, i had edited in a question about "earthquakes" in that post but you must've started replying before you could see it lol, do you have any information about that track?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

but either way at that time some of the other songs only existed as voice memos/laptop demos as well. 

This was a strong theory when you mentioned LMLYLAW was originally from UV, cause the writing seemed very post-NFR Lana so I guess it makes sense Pink Champagne could've been just a voice memo (?) 

I wonder if IYLDWM was a similar case...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: