partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

25 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

at this point she has to drop a UV 10th anniversary edition with a full side B as disc 2, there's so many gems scrapped from it :lange: 

I'm not joking when I say this is one of my biggest dream 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

@BlackoutZone sorry if you're being bombarded with questions :deadbanana: do you know anything about the honeymoon demos titled pink flamingos, ice cream, and get high? we also found out about those from honeymouns

Just now, Yes To Heaven said:

@BlackoutZone are "Pink Flamingos", "Ice Cream" and "Get High" demos of the released songs off the Honeymoon songs or just title ideas?

our minds! exactly

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I don't mind LMLYLAW getting simpler production, the biggest loss for me is the fact that she picked the best part of the song and relegated it to the bridge :icant:

That melody deserves to be played at least twice on the track not once (even though it has so much bridge energy that I can't imagine it as a prechorus unless it was rerecorded and the delivery was different ofc)

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

is the leaked version of i don't wanna go from 2012? also, what years are each 3 versions of i talk to jesus? :bebe: 

Yeah I Don't Wanna Go / Tonight / Black Leather Moonlight (as annoying as it sounds, all 3 titles are equally correct, you can use whichever one you want) that leaked is from mid 2012, then it was rewritten and re-produced as Lake Placid for Tropico/UV

ITTJ is another essay-type post I don't have energy for right now. Not gonna lie I hate that song, never put full effort to piece its timeline together

5 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Does @BlackoutZone knows why Lana released this version of West Coast first, but ended up putting this other mix on the album and also used it for the music video? I've been curious about this since 2014. Thought I'd ask since you're here. :oprah3:

The simple answer to this is that Rob Orton, UV's mixing engineer, was still mixing the tracks at the time of WC release and they just attached earlier mix to it. Pretty sure it was even released on streaming later as Rob Orton mix or something

i kind of can rest easier now though knowing that the other 3 songs out of the 13 Dan did do are just demos likely to the same par as the MPG demo which i just mentioned not liking very much. was bittersweet to say the least :oprah: RIP Fine China “final”, YTH “final”, and ITTJ “final”

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

The simple answer to this is that Rob Orton, UV's mixing engineer, was still mixing the tracks at the time of WC release and they just attached earlier mix to it. Pretty sure it was even released on streaming later as Rob Orton mix or something

Thank you!! Yeah the song is now listed as "Rob Orton" mix, I always wondered why she didn't keep the original mix, the guitars and vocals sound clearler on that version. 

Thank you, thank you. 🙏

4 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

@BlackoutZoneis there anything from Paradise-UV sessions that we’d totally not expect? Or do we have a general sense of what went on?

A follow up to this: Boz can you give us any hints of an unleaked song or two that we’d absolutely go feral for? Maybe you can spill on your favorite unleaked? :smile3: