partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Thank you so so much @BlackoutZone :heart: 

I don't know if this got clarified in the past,  so I apologize if it got but I need a confirmation from someone reliable if a Wild One 2015/ Honeymoon version exists. I heard a rumour that there is one for Honeymoon and that it has harps in it but I forgot where I heard it & if they were reliable :bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Thank you so so much @BlackoutZone :heart: 

I don't know if this got clarified in the past,  so I apologize if it got but I need a confirmation from someone reliable if a Wild One 2015/ Honeymoon version exists. I heard a rumour that there is one for Honeymoon and that it has harps in it but I forgot where I heard it & if they were reliable :bebe:

it was never re-recorded! after lana mentioned maybe wanting to put it on Honeymoon, the mix was ever so slightly adjusted and that’s why there’s 2 versions. i think we got this information from him a day or two ago when we were talking to him through a user here on atrl lol

i'm guessing some of the 300+ mixes of lust for life and groupie love are extremely similar to each other? while some maybe have noticable or interesting differences? i'd love to have different versions/iterations of the original demos

@BlackoutZone are there other songs from lust for life (or even other albums) with a large amount of mixes/versions?

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

7 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

it was never re-recorded! after lana mentioned maybe wanting to put it on Honeymoon, the mix was ever so slightly adjusted and that’s why there’s 2 versions. i think we got this information from him a day or two ago when we were talking to him through a user here on atrl lol

:wave2:

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm guessing some of the 300+ mixes of lust for life and groupie love are extremely similar to each other? while some maybe have noticable or interesting differences? i'd love to have different versions/iterations of the original demos

id think it'd be any change from an instrument switching key or an arrangement between different synth tracks layered differently, how loud or quiet an element is, etc

or something like a lyric change or a vocal take?

Hey there, @BlackoutZone ! I was curious if there’s anything you personally found interesting that you wanted to share (even if it’s something no one’s directly asked about)—really just anything that piqued your interest!

Thanks again for all of the information and the time it takes!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

im not gonna tag BoZ cos i dont wanna clog his notifications but id like to ask if he has ANY draft or early tracklists :trisha:

i LOVE looking at them and playing the list in that order if we have all the tracks :trisha:

Just now, the ocean said:

or make a new thread and move all the posts over

poor Elle would have to pull an all nighter :cryney2:

8 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Oh thank you !!! So my life was lie, goodbye to the delusion of YTH, FC Dan version & Wild One HM harp version :oprah: but it feels good to be in the clear finally :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

@BlackoutZone are there other songs from lust for life (or even other albums) with a large amount of mixes/versions?

Well yes, Y&B, Dark Paradise, even SYTH among some that got beyond 100. But as you noted, some of those are nearly identical, Rick and his engineers are just very strict and every single slightest change gets noted as new mix. Not all of them even have to be exported.

Just now, shadesofcrazyforyou said:

@BlackoutZone this isn’t related to the thread topic per se but are you able to confirm/debunk whether If I Die Young, Crazy for You, and California (2015) are from the same sessions?

California and Crazy for You are from the very first sessions for HM in 2014, IIDY is however from 2015 already I believe