partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

3 minutes ago, SummerDrummer said:

Speaking of lfl, has no one got their hands of the WTWWAWWKD official instrumental? it's been too long:xgiggle:

the fact we've got fucking SNIPPET of an INSTRUMENTAL :defeated:

6 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

When people start realizing Lust for Life years of creation and conception is almost exactly similar to UV in terms of how much content and changes were made between early songs and released songs :krylie: Like those are literally her top 2 most interesting eras to look into... 2012 - 2014 and 2015 - 2017

She was also SOOOOOOOOOOO inspired during both of these eras.. and actually by the same stuff just creatively interpreted differently! UV was cults, 1970s, and drugs... LFL was charles manson, sharon tate, 1960s, and the likes.. It's so cool seeing the same general subject matters, inspirations, and concepts but through two opposite spectrums! 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

It’s so insane to me that there is probably an EXHAUSTIVE list of LFL-era songs that we just have to pray to the leak gods get released :trisha:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

do u remember how several days ago we were high as hell when found out about life is beautiful exists and felt like that was actually serve and saved that day and now this.... this is really big and important what bozs doing....endless thanks to him for this festival of pleasures and fun and love

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

do u remember how several days ago we were high as hell when found out about life is beautiful exists and felt like that was actually serve and saved that day and now this.... this is really big and important what bozs doing....endless thanks to him for this festival of pleasures and fun and love

Father BOZ doing everything he can to keep us fed during this drought. We stan forever 

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is something I'd gladly discuss, but it would be mostly speculations mixed with facts.

Rich Lee was commissioned to direct music videos for 2 first singles of LFL - Love and The Next Best American Record. Love was obviously done first and sometime in late 2016/early 2017, before BAR video was recorded, someone must have either hacked or scammed Rich obtaining Love music video as well as reference audio for the BAR music video. This led to both spreading and leaking causing massive drama behind the scenes and ultimately scrapping BAR as a whole. We are "lucky" they only leaked this late, cause who knows if that happened earlier Lana might have never recorded the MV at all.

There is however the other side/reason to it that might be even strong imo. The original TNBAR version is clearly shady and putting a lot of guilt on Barrie for the fall of their relationship. I feel like later at that time she came to realization that she might have been too hard on him - or even more, perhaps they happened to meet/talk and become friends on good terms again. The BAR video was built fully around the lyrics of the demo so when she realized she definitely wouldn't release that song without changing its narrative, the music video must be discarded. Since it was a really good visual that Lana loved and it would be a waste to just scrap it, they reused it for White Mercedes. But yes, the full video was ready to be put out for The Next Best American Record.

This also might be one of the reasons for other LFL tracklist changes, but I don't know that.

WHITE MUSTANG OG TITLE !!

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

There is however the other side/reason to it that might be even strong imo. The original TNBAR version is clearly shady and putting a lot of guilt on Barrie for the fall of their relationship. I feel like later at that time she came to realization that she might have been too hard on him - or even more, perhaps they happened to meet/talk and become friends on good terms again.

i'm crying those aint jokes anymore im crying out all my tears rn i barely see what im writing

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

Omg sorry again, I meant White Mustang. Piecing all that info is really tiring, my head is exploding today. I think I will stop at least for now

relax king! u've given us more info today than we'd had from like 2021 to now

9 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is something I'd gladly discuss, but it would be mostly speculations mixed with facts.

Rich Lee was commissioned to direct music videos for 2 first singles of LFL - Love and The Next Best American Record. Love was obviously done first and sometime in late 2016/early 2017, before BAR video was recorded, someone must have either hacked or scammed Rich obtaining Love music video as well as reference audio for the BAR music video. This led to both spreading and leaking causing massive drama behind the scenes and ultimately scrapping BAR as a whole. We are "lucky" they only leaked this late, cause who knows if that happened earlier Lana might have never recorded the MV at all.

There is however the other side/reason to it that might be even strong imo. The original TNBAR version is clearly shady and putting a lot of guilt on Barrie for the fall of their relationship. I feel like later at that time she came to realization that she might have been too hard on him - or even more, perhaps they happened to meet/talk and become friends on good terms again. The BAR video was built fully around the lyrics of the demo so when she realized she definitely wouldn't release that song without changing its narrative, the music video must be discarded. Since it was a really good visual that Lana loved and it would be a waste to just scrap it, they reused it for White Mercedes. But yes, the full video was ready to be put out for The Next Best American Record.

This also might be one of the reasons for other LFL tracklist changes, but I don't know that.

Thank you for this! Following on this, Lana mentioned in interviews that she liked the idea of “Lust for Life” as a parallel to Born to Die, but Lana allegedly told Eclipse that The Next Best American Record was indeed the title track for the album (until it leaked) - I don’t recall seeing any evidence of this, it was mostly hearsay/word of mouth - but can you confirm this? Was Lust for Life with The Weeknd a mere album track until these events transpired?