partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

wow deleting fine china and your girl from playlist was way more challenging than i thought:xcry:

they're still lana songs – i mean like the lyrics and melody and vocals are all legit, it's just the production that's not quite right.... so i feel like they aren't fake enough to be deleted unless you're really a purist :oprah: and if you are a purist like that i am so sorry that fine china and your girl are tainted :oprah: but personally i will not be deleting anything from my library :oprah:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeymoonwhore said:

is it true that the entire chorus of Fine China is just slangs for cocaine (fine china, fresh linen, white horses, ivory almonds)?

white horses is actually in reference to the deftones album white pony out now (since 2000) stream on the streaming service of your choice knife prty song of the millennium 

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

white horses is actually in reference to the deftones album white pony out now (since 2000) stream on the streaming service of your choice knife prty song of the millennium 

I agree actually

14 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

is it true that the entire chorus of Fine China is just slangs for cocaine (fine china, fresh linen, white horses, ivory almonds)?

This is interesting…I mean, not to sound like the stereotypical Lana fan who wants *everything* to be a drug reference, but whether intentional or not, this kind of adds more layers to the song. To say that “I’m going down now” with all of these things that appear to be very pure and heavenly in their appearance, with connotations of old, generational wealth — but really, are code for darker, self-destructive substances—makes the song so much more chilling and impactful. She is a lyrical genius. 

is it true that lyrics from blizzard are actually referencing lana's deep belief in the outlandish conspiracy theory that the moon is actually a hologram? ("i went out shopping and planned to go to all them vintage stores, then i got tired and ended up in some lame department store, and that's okay 'cause i found a really cool belt, and")

WGe8ynS.gif

10 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Is it true that the entire chorus of Your Girl is just sung by Patrick Warren and edited to sound like Lana, cause his acapella was incomplete?

“Hi Patrick, Lana’s lost her voice and really needs this to be finished by Friday - any chance you can help us out?” - eclipse probably

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

@BlackoutZone can u give any info on what seem to be lana's favorite unreleased songs, like what songs she reallyyyy wanted to fit on an album, or tried to put on multiple different albums? 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・