partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yes, California, whoever leaked that - fucked up

is the version we have the "final" version, because it sounds really unfinished to me

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Some general answers from past pages:

Pretty sure that technically nothing is stopping them from releasing Is This Happiness and Flipside on streaming anymore, next time Lana goes on a longer live chat, ask her for that. Speaking of which though, Flipside was never really considered for UV. It was recorded as a rough one day demo at Nightbird and they pretty much just decided to mix it and release like that. Good for us, cool song that would have been lost.

Rock Candy Sweet seems to just be a phrase Lana liked, it seems to be originally stemming from a song called Loved You Then Loved You Now she did with Jack, but later also used it in Watercolor Eyes, but one is not a rework of another or anything. Watercolor Eyes is a song that can be very much considered a BB outtake though, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't made yet when Lana announced the former Rock Candy Sweet album.

:kiss: Bless your kind soul!

Just now, VioletBunny said:

@BlackoutZonedo you have a spreadsheet or document or something similar that helps you remember all this? You don’t strike me as someone who’s just remembering this stuff off the cuff. 

Yeah I have countless sheets of notes that I compiled through the years to have it all somewhat organized

7 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yes, California, whoever leaked that - fucked up

Did she ever consider releasing it post-NFR? If so what title was she gonna use considering she already has a song titled California bsjdjf

qfrWuBl.png

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

Yeah I have countless sheets of notes that I compiled through the years to have it all somewhat organized

In the far, far future would you ever consider making those public?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

California is a very beautiful song though, and it definitely seems like these days leaks don’t stop her at all from putting music out even if we’ve already heard it lol. A recent re-work of California would be really nice, hopefully it pops up on an album in the future. I wonder what the alternate title for it is considering it’s definitely not still just California lol

@BlackoutZone ok first of all i just wanted to say thank you for answering so many of my questions. this one is kind of weird and i'm not even sure if you would know, but do you know why her songwriting has changed sooo drastically since nfr? It's something i find really interesting because it's like a complete 180

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・