partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Ocean Blvd release day livestream: “I love the song I’m Comin for Ya… why did you leak that”

and she will say that in a manner like a mother who is getting angry to her children :oh:

3 minutes ago, imapartygirl said:

@BlackoutZone ok first of all i just wanted to say thank you for answering so many of my questions. this one is kind of weird and i'm not even sure if you would know, but do you know why her songwriting has changed sooo drastically since nfr? It's something i find really interesting because it's like a complete 180

My first post here was that at the end of the day I'm not in Lana's head and I think that's the best answer to questions like that

Just now, lanasbottom said:

when a song is boring and stripped back you can be sure it’s lana’s favorite :eartha:

in studio with Jack

*piano playing 3 seconds*

L: OH MY GOD, I LOVE THIS SONG:wub:

J: okay, give me time and i'll end producing that:smile:

*2 days later*

L: i don't like this song anymore:smokes:

J::crazy:

17 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Some general answers from past pages:

Pretty sure that technically nothing is stopping them from releasing Is This Happiness and Flipside on streaming anymore, next time Lana goes on a longer live chat, ask her for that. Speaking of which though, Flipside was never really considered for UV. It was recorded as a rough one day demo at Nightbird and they pretty much just decided to mix it and release like that. Good for us, cool song that would have been lost.

Rock Candy Sweet seems to just be a phrase Lana liked, it seems to be originally stemming from a song called Loved You Then Loved You Now she did with Jack, but later also used it in Watercolor Eyes, but one is not a rework of another or anything. Watercolor Eyes is a song that can be very much considered a BB outtake though, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't made yet when Lana announced the former Rock Candy Sweet album.

This is sort of an open ended question but can you give us more info on LYTAN? Personally I think this song is destined for the unreleased column, I’m not sure she’d consider this one for a future album so I’m hoping that we can find out a bit more info on it (vs. an upcoming track on Tunnel). Obviously that’s just my opinion and there’s a chance she could consider it in the future, but I’m wondering what your thoughts on this song are. Is it a mid level track? Boring? Do people have this and/or will it leak? I recall some insider on here posting some lyrics where Joe or Jim comes back into her song writing on LYTAN?  

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

i was putting a lot of faith that this song was going to be a work of art :crying5:

Music Video Butterfly GIF by Beats4LA

𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞