partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

35 minutes ago, The Siren said:

gurl where?

FKHf1ZoUcAQTefO?format=jpg&name=medium

oh, what about Riverside and The Good Life? were they recorded in 2014? for UV or Honeymoon? or something else at the time?

iirc correctly Riverside was recorded in 2012. The Good Life was recorded in July 2014, I think I remember there being a rumor that it was intended for the Big Eyes soundtrack originally

i may be opening another can of worms by discussing this but...

HAMVpSO.png

we all know there's guns and roses lyrics here, but look at the side-panel, the word on the top that looks more bold really looks like "tropico"

let me try to decipher what those other 13 lines of writing may say

1. can't tell, but looks like 2 words

2. can't tell too much with this one, it looks it starts with a "Z" perhaps?

3. maybe starts with a "P", looks like three words, the word in the middle looks like "a", the last word looks like it ends with a "t" so "P____ a ___t"? party a lot? probably not that, but it's really hard to tell

4. looks like lake placid, but considering that it was a very early title for i don't wanna go, it's unlikely, unless there's two songs with that title, but either way, the first letter of the first word looks like "L", and the first letter of the second word looks like "P"

5. "summertime" or "summatime"? possibly the janis joplin version we have a snippet of?

6. can't tell, could be either two words or one

7. looks like "jesof", could it possibly be "jesus"?

8. can't tell, but it looks like two words

9. definitely starts with "E", looks like it could be "elvis", assuming it's separate from the lizzy grant track because it'd be pretty crazy if she re-recorded it

10. can't tell, first letter looks like it's either "E" or "L", could be one or two words

11. can't tell, looks like it could be one or two words, if it's two words, the second word looks like it starts with "R"

12. looks like two words, the first starts with "F", the second starts with "R", looks like "ficke row" or "fickle row" which doesn't really make sense, i thought it could possibly be "front row" but it doesn't quite look like it, but the second word does look like "row"

13. can't tell, could be one or two words, if it's two words, the second word could start with a "D"

also, this is assuming that that's a tracklist/song-titles, it could just be random words for all we know :toofunny:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

24 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

HAMVpSO.png

we all know there's guns and roses lyrics here, but look at the side-panel, the word on the top that looks more bold really looks like "tropico"

3. maybe starts with a "P", looks like three words, the word in the middle looks like "a", the last word looks like it ends with a "t" so "P____ a ___t"? party a lot? probably not that, but it's really hard to tell

4. looks like lake placid, but considering that it was a very early title for i don't wanna go, it's unlikely, unless there's two songs with that title

5. "summertime" or "summatime"? possibly the janis joplin version we have a snippet of?

9. definitely starts with "E", looks like it could be "elvis", assuming it's separate from the lizzy grant track because it'd be pretty crazy if she re-recorded it

10. can't tell, first letter looks like it's either "E" or "L", could be one or two words

11. can't tell, looks like it could be one or two words, if it's two words, the second word looks like it starts with "R"

12. looks like two words, the first starts with "F", the second starts with "R", looks like "ficke row" or "fickle row" which doesn't really make sense, i thought it could possibly be "front row" but it doesn't quite look like it, but the second word does look like "row"

13. can't tell, could be one or two words, if it's two words, the second word could start with a "D"

also, this is assuming that that's a tracklist/song-titles, it could just be random words for all we know :toofunny:

I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out! I agree that it could say “Tropico” OR perhaps “Trans-Am” given the other visible piece of paper that says “LANA DEL REY TRANS-AM”. But Tropico seems more likely since we know it was the original LDR3 concept. Here’s my take on what I can barely discern -

1. Old Money? (I feel like I see “OLD” at the start, and knowing that it was recorded in 2012, it’s possible…but I could be just seeing what I want to see lol) 

2. Black Beauty? (there are two capital letters that both look like “B” to me, I think I see a “k” and I think I see a “y” at the end of that phrase)

3. Loved a Lot? (I see the “a lot” that you’re seeing too, but I feel like the first letter of the first word looks like a cursive “L” - though it could be a “P” too) 

4. Lake Placid? (I see this too) 

5. Summertime (I see this too! There‘s that snippet that surfaced recently of her cover of Janis Joplin’s version of Summertime that predates from the Paradise sessions - I wonder if it’s this. Given Blue Velvet’s placement as track 5 on Paradise, it isn’t far fetched to speculate she’d put a cover in the centre of her tracklist for the next album) 

7. Jesus (I see this too lol - could it be shorthand for I Talk to Jesus?)

8. Elvis (I see this one clearly)

11. Guns and Roses (I feel like the shape that’s the first letter of the first word looks vaguely like a “G”, the squiggle in the middle could be an “and” (“&”) symbol and I see a capital “R” starting off the second word too)

12. (I see “Feels Really” and then assume the title continues into the next line, but I don’t know…)

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out! I agree that it could say “Tropico” OR perhaps “Trans-Am” given the other visible piece of paper that says “LANA DEL REY TRANS-AM”. But Tropico seems more likely since we know it was the original LDR3 concept. Here’s my take on what I can barely discern -

1. Old Money? (I feel like I see “OLD” at the start, and knowing that it was recorded in 2012, it’s possible…but I could be just seeing what I want to see lol) 

2. Black Beauty? (there are two capital letters that both look like “B” to me, I think I see a “k” and I think I see a “y” at the end of that phrase)

3. Loved a Lot? (I see the “a lot” that you’re seeing too, but I feel like the first letter of the first word looks like a cursive “L” - though it could be a “P” too) 

4. Lake Placid? (I see this too) 

5. Summertime (I see this too! There‘s that snippet that surfaced recently of her cover of Janis Joplin’s version of Summertime that predates from the Paradise sessions - I wonder if it’s this. Given Blue Velvet’s placement as track 5 on Paradise, it isn’t far fetched to speculate she’d put a cover in the centre of her tracklist for the next album) 

7. Jesus (I see this too lol - could it be shorthand for I Talk to Jesus?)

8. Elvis (I see this one clearly)

11. Guns and Roses (I feel like the shape that’s the first letter of the first word looks vaguely like a “G”, the squiggle in the middle could be an “and” (“&”) symbol and I see a capital “R” starting off the second word too)

12. (I see “Feels Really” and then assume the title continues into the next line, but I don’t know…)

good eye! i didn't see some of this before, it's really fascinating to look at that list and to possibly see titles we don't know yet, as well as seeing the earlier concepts for tropico/ultraviolence/ldr3, if that paper really does say "elvis" i'd be so curious to know what that could be

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Cool so after hours on this I think I'm arranging the 2012-2014 material like this:

Spoiler

Paradise (2012)

1. Ride
  2. American
  3. Cola
  4. Body Electric
  5. Blue Velvet
  6. Gods & Monsters
  7. Yayo
  8. Bel Air
  9. Young & Beautiful
  10. Burning Desire
  11. I Don't Wanna Go
  12. Life Is Beautiful

Tropico (2013)

1. Wild One
  2. Dragonslayer
  3. Angels Forever, Forever Angels
  4. Hollywood
  5. JFK
  6. Fine China
  7. Say Yes to Heaven
  8. Nectar of the Gods
  9. I Talk to Jesus
  10. Cherry Blossom
  11. Living Legend
  12. Unidentified Flying Bill (feat. Barrie-James O'Neill)
  13. Starry Eyed

Ultraviolence (2014) - standard version as is, + West Coast radio mix as the only bonus track

Ultraviolence - Side B (2014) another title would be cool but I haven't thought about it

1. Black Beauty
  2. Guns and Roses
  3. Cult Leader
  4. Your Girl
  5. Big Eyes
  6. Florida Kilos
  7. I Can Fly
  8. The Good Life
  9. Is This Happiness
  10. Wait for Life
  11. Flipside

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Speaking of Ultraviolence and scrapped albums…I wanted to test the speculated theory that versions 1 and 2 of Say Yes to Heaven are actually just one version whose stems were split to create two different versions that leaked.

I managed to merge them together and play around with the mixing so that the vocal stems from both versions didn’t sound “stacked” onto each other, and it sounds pretty good, in my opinion! The instrumental really comes together and is just gorgeous, I feel a newfound appreciation for the song lol - it really fits sonically well with Dragonslayer! I’ll share it if anybody wants to hear.

I always felt like both versions that leaked sounded a bit unfinished and empty, despite being beautiful. This fuller version seems to confirm to me that versions 1 and 2 are indeed just one song. Moreover, it was confirmed that the initial 2016 leak (which we generally know as version 2 of Say Yes to Heaven) was edited, so this seems to further support this.  

24 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Ultraviolence side B could be Melancholia?

Reveal hidden contents

Im still waiting til we get 2 more UV era outtakes to make my B side album :defeated:

I've been thinking about it, it could work! I know it was never meant to be the album title (only the former title of the song) but it's a really good title imo.

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Speaking of Ultraviolence and scrapped albums…I wanted to test the speculated theory that versions 1 and 2 of Say Yes to Heaven are actually just one version whose stems were split to create two different versions that leaked.

I managed to merge them together and play around with the mixing so that the vocal stems from both versions didn’t sound “stacked” onto each other, and it sounds pretty good, in my opinion! The instrumental really comes together and is just gorgeous, I feel a newfound appreciation for the song lol - it really fits sonically well with Dragonslayer! I’ll share it if anybody wants to hear.

I always felt like both versions that leaked sounded a bit unfinished and empty, despite being beautiful. This fuller version seems to confirm to me that versions 1 and 2 are indeed just one song. Moreover, it was confirmed that the initial 2016 leak (which we generally know as version 2 of Say Yes to Heaven) was edited, so this seems to further support this.  

I'd love to listen! Could you please share it? I like V1 more than V2 but both seem to be missing something, so maybe combined they're much fuller!

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

HAMVpSO.png

4. looks like lake placid, but considering that it was a very early title for i don't wanna go, it's unlikely, unless there's two songs with that title, but either way, the first letter of the first word looks like "L", and the first letter of the second word looks like "P"

omg do u have an originla photo? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

25 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think the files that initially leaked were edited but we eventually got the unedited versions later on of both Fine China and Yes to Heaven as well as Your Girl. I believe Fine China had the intro cut and Yes to Heaven had a shortened outro.

The files with rough-old-keys in the file name are the original files/bounces iirc.

Fine-China-rough-old-keys - 6:10

Yes-to-Heaven-rough-old-keys - 4:10

Your-Girl-rough-old-keys - 4:26

Unfortunately I think YtH V1 never leaked unedited though :(

edit: also please share the mix you made! I’d love to hear it as well!

9 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I've been thinking about it, it could work! I know it was never meant to be the album title (only the former title of the song) but it's a really good title imo.

I'd love to listen! Could you please share it? I like V1 more than V2 but both seem to be missing something, so maybe combined they're much fuller!

Aw thank you! <3 Here it is: https://onlyfiles.io/f/335dc31bc8644818802c4ff2f4a64c95

I’m with you on Version 1, I loooove that guitar pattern throughout, it’s just so gorgeous. I think the strings in Version 2 with the guitar in Version 1 sound really good together! 

2 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

I think the files that initially leaked were edited but we eventually got the unedited versions later on of both Fine China and Yes to Heaven as well as Your Girl. I believe Fine China had the intro cut and Yes to Heaven had a shortened outro.

The files with rough-old-keys in the file name are the original files/bounces iirc.

Fine-China-rough-old-keys - 6:10

Yes-to-Heaven-rough-old-keys - 4:10

Your-Girl-rough-old-keys - 4:26

Unfortunately I think YtH V1 never leaked unedited though :(

Ohhhh I see! Thank you for letting me know! I remember Fine China leaking with “rough old keys” in its title and reading that Your Girl’s initial leak was edited. So interesting about SYTH, I still feel like both versions 1&2 go together so well as one song even though we have reason to believe they are indeed separate….forever an elusive track, and hopefully we get to hear unedited version 1 someday :poordat:

this is how i personally see things and i think its pretty accurate (almost accurate tropico EP songs were posted by honeymouns)

Spoiler

. TROPICO (WORKING TITLE FOR ULTRAVIOLENCE CONCEPT ALBUM) (SCRAPPED) (2013)

(Songs, included in this list also may also considered as Ultraviolence Outtakes; Described by Lana Del Rey as "really low-key and stripped back, all sort of West Coast-inspired" songs)

Spoiler

OUTTAKES

Spoiler

Dragonslayer - ?
Cult Leader - ?
Living Legend - ?
Mike (Wild One) - ?
Unidentified Flying Bill
Nectar of the Gods
Cherry Blossom

2. TROPICO EP (2012-2013)

(Separate project from "Tropico" Concept Album; was supposed to have more songs initially)

Spoiler

OUTTAKES

Spoiler

Angels Forever, Forever Angels
Hollywood
JFK
Tonight
Black Beauty (Demo Version)
I Talk To Jesus (Paradise Version)
Money Power Glory (Late 2012 Demo)

3. SCRAPPED ULTRAVIOLENCE TRACKLIST WITH RICK NOWELS (2013)
(Album's tracklist was finalized and ready for a release; scrapped after Lana Del Rey met Dan Auerbach)

4. ULTRAVIOLENCE (2013-2014)

Spoiler

OUTTAKES

Spoiler

Fine China (Rick Nowels' Version)
Say Yes to Heaven (James Ford's Version)
Cult Leader
Dragonslayer
Cherry Blossom
Unidentified Flying Bill
Nectar of the Gods
Living Legend
Wait for Life
Wild One (Mike)
I Talk to Jesus (2014 Version)
Your Girl

4.1. UNKNOWN ULTRAVIOLENCE FOLLOW UP EP (2014) (SCRAPPED)
(Mentioned in an interview for Complex magazine; possibly just an idea without a solid tracklist)

this is my concept how Tropico should sound. she should wait to around February 2013 and just drop full album. i'm not sure when Hollywood was recorded but apparently in 2012

Spoiler

1.Ride
2.American
3.Cola
4.Hollywood 
5.Body Electric
6.Blue Velvet
7.Gods And Monsters
8.Burning Desire
9.Tonight

10.JFK
11.Bel Air

8 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

this is my concept how Tropico should sound. she should wait to around February 2013 and just drop full album. i'm not sure when Hollywood was recorded but apparently in 2012

Reveal hidden contents

1.Ride
2.American
3.Cola
4.Hollywood 
5.Body Electric
6.Blue Velvet
7.Gods And Monsters
8.Burning Desire
9.Tonight

10.JFK
11.Bel Air

leaked hollywood version was recorded by july 2012 and this song also was worked on in 2013 

31 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

this is how i personally see things and i think its pretty accurate (almost accurate tropico EP songs were posted by honeymouns)

Hide contents

. TROPICO (WORKING TITLE FOR ULTRAVIOLENCE CONCEPT ALBUM) (SCRAPPED) (2013)

(Songs, included in this list also may also considered as Ultraviolence Outtakes; Described by Lana Del Rey as "really low-key and stripped back, all sort of West Coast-inspired" songs)

Hide contents

OUTTAKES

Hide contents

Dragonslayer - ?
Cult Leader - ?
Living Legend - ?
Mike (Wild One) - ?
Unidentified Flying Bill
Nectar of the Gods
Cherry Blossom

2. TROPICO EP (2012-2013)

(Separate project from "Tropico" Concept Album; was supposed to have more songs initially)

Hide contents

OUTTAKES

Hide contents

Hollywood
JFK
Tonight
Black Beauty (Demo Version)
I Talk To Jesus (Paradise Version)
Money Power Glory (Late 2012 Demo)
+ released 3 songs from Paradise (Body Electric, Gods & Monsters and Bel Air)

3. SCRAPPED ULTRAVIOLENCE TRACKLIST WITH RICK NOWELS (2013)
(Album's tracklist was finalized and ready for a release; scrapped after Lana Del Rey met Dan Auerbach)

4. ULTRAVIOLENCE (2013-2014)

Hide contents

OUTTAKES

Hide contents

Fine China (Rick Nowels' Version)
Say Yes to Heaven (James Ford's Version)
Cult Leader
Dragonslayer
Cherry Blossom
Unidentified Flying Bill
Nectar of the Gods
Living Legend
Wait for Life
Wild One (Mike)
I Talk to Jesus (2014 Version)
Your Girl

4.1. UNKNOWN ULTRAVIOLENCE FOLLOW UP EP (2014) (SCRAPPED)
(Mentioned in an interview for Complex magazine; possibly just an idea without a solid tracklist)

is the uv follow up not mtwbt which then turned into honeymoon? which is why honeymoon only has like 20 songs recorded/rerecorded for it

"whens it gonna be my turn, dont forget me"

Just now, The Dragonslayer said:

is the uv follow up not mtwbt which then turned into honeymoon? which is why honeymoon only has like 20 songs recorded/rerecorded for it

i mean personally yeah i could misunderstood it as she said in attached post "to this record" and i instantly referred to uv, but maybe i should read the full interview and maybe she referred to her further record, we need more tea about this:true: