partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

3 hours ago, ruined said:

The masterpost is perfect omg thank u

I missed a lot of pages of this thread since I was busy

I just read the whole masterpost

And I still have the same question which I asked before

Is I talk to jesus (the paradise version) actually the tropico version?

Meaning it was never meant for paradise and was mistakenly labeled as paradise version?

thank u so much🤗

yeah apparently! its not paradise era its already later

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

33 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

thank u so much🤗

yeah apparently! its not paradise era its already later

Thanks hun :kiss:

Do you know anything about this?

4 hours ago, ruined said:

Ok so I know that basically tropico album kinda turned into uv album with some changes

But was there also an ep called tropico? (not the one we have)

Cuz @Unknown said UFB was on tropico but boz said UFB was never meant to be on uv or tropico album

So was tropico also an ep with UFB on it?

Also honeymounz talked about the og tropico ep several times

But idk if he was right or wrong

And I also noticed you removed tropico ep from here:

http://lanaboards.com/topic/15764-lists-of-leaked-and-unleaked-songs-by-eras

So I'm guessing boz already spilled?

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

17 minutes ago, ruined said:

Thanks hun :kiss:

Do you know anything about this?

And I also noticed you removed tropico ep from here:

http://lanaboards.com/topic/15764-lists-of-leaked-and-unleaked-songs-by-eras

So I'm guessing boz already spilled?

yeah i Just read BOZ's post like twice and came to conclusion that this is how thing goes, and tbh i personally gonna take boz opinion on it, no matter what tracklist honeymouns posted, yeah he is reliable for sure not telling, but this is what i was confused in also, and from the boz posts understood that there were many concepts tropico went through and eventually became an ep using only patadise tracks since she wasnt feel that her her tropico album finished and she had to just use patadise tracks but for already New aestheticks (tropico film is) and move and think about different aestheticks for her lp2 aka ultaviolence, so idk what tracklist was it that honeymouns posted, was it earlier than tropico, if it was later then why would she use i dont wanna go or starry eyed that was entirely for patadise..u know

(this is what i understood about this tropico situation that i think is accurate recarding bozs posts) 

14 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

yeah i Just read BOZ's post like twice and came to conclusion that this is how thing goes, and tbh i personally gonna take boz opinion on it, no matter what tracklist honeymouns posted, yeah he is reliable for sure not telling, but this is what i was confused in also, and from the boz posts understood that there were many concepts tropico went through and eventually became an ep using only patadise tracks since she wasnt feel that her her tropico album finished and she had to just use patadise tracks but for already New aestheticks (tropico film is) and move and think about different aestheticks for her lp2 aka ultaviolence, so idk what tracklist was it that honeymouns posted, was it earlier than tropico, if it was later then why would she use i dont wanna go or starry eyed that was entirely for patadise..u know

(this is what i understood about this tropico situation that i think is accurate recarding bozs posts) 

Yeah this is really confusing :bebe:

I guess what @Unknown meant by UFB being from tropico was just the fact that it was recorded during those times

Not that it was actually meant to be on tropico

Cuz boz said lana and barrie made that song just for fun and it didn't belong on any record

On 1/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, The Love Witch said:

Thank you!!! It’s very simple though. I just went through Neil Krug's floral photographs and picked the ones that matched the year/era the most (imo).

56-E867-E9-FA49-45-D3-A058-BE6-EE021-FDB

CF2-CBEC5-6-BCB-425-B-B6-AB-3-B1837-FE58

82-D3-BCC9-330-C-4431-8-B3-D-2038-E77098

These look gorgeous :thirst: Would you mind sharing these pls? :wub:

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

She first mentioned “Tropico” in the description of the original Bel Air visualizer that was released in November 2012.

"i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth. But i have my beauty and i have my youth. Tropico the film, coming next year".

Then, during an interview she mentioned that Cola was going to be the second single from Paradise but that she also really wants to shoot videos for Gods & Monsters and Bel Air.

Later she said (I think it was on one of her tour dates) that she will be shooting a video for BE, G&M and BA because they tell a story together.

IF Tropico was ever an album title, it must have already been axed by November 2012. The EP that was released later was an accompaniment to the film, obviously. Releasing an EP with new material would not make sense at all. I think that Tropico was a “place-holder” working title possibly like “Trans-Am” because it reflected a soundscape or a theme she wanted to possibly incorporate into the songs she was recording.

@BlackoutZone I noticed that the YouTube version of Arcadia is a little different from the album version and the video has The Trio as the outro. Also the vinyl has Arcadia and The Trio pressed as one long song on side A. Was the YouTube version the “final” when they recorded the video or did they use the wrong audio by mistake? Was The Trio ment to be Aracadia’s outro but ended up being an interlude?

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

On 1/7/2023 at 4:52 AM, The Love Witch said:

She first mentioned “Tropico” in the description of the original Bel Air visualizer that was released in November 2012.

"i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth. But i have my beauty and i have my youth. Tropico the film, coming next year".

Then, during an interview she mentioned that Cola was going to be the second single from Paradise but that she also really wants to shoot videos for Gods & Monsters and Bel Air.

Later she said (I think it was on one of her tour dates) that she will be shooting a video for BE, G&M and BA because they tell a story together.

IF Tropico was ever an album title, it must have already been axed by November 2012. The EP that was released later was an accompaniment to the film, obviously. Releasing an EP with new material would not make sense at all. I think that Tropico was a “place-holder” working title possibly like “Trans-Am” because it reflected a soundscape or a theme she wanted to possibly incorporate into the songs she was recording.

From my understanding, Paradise and Tropico were two different projects she was working on at the same time.

Paradise - An extension of Born To Die.

Tropico - An EP that was evolved into an album, then later scrapped and turned into Ultraviolence.

If I had to pin-point the moment the "Tropico" concept was scrapped I would guess it would have actually been around maybe March/April 2013 when she created West Coast. It's very obvious that was a turning point in her sound considering everything made before that doesn't sound like the stuff after that.

I feel like everyone is just assuming the Tropico trio (BE, G&M, Bel Air) was meant to be in Tropico, but we also have no solid proof for that like we do some other songs, it would be weird for Lana to do that but it's also something she would do :toofunny:

I also don't think it was just a place-holder because it stuck around for so long, I'm thinking it was the true title until Tropico (Film) was fully realized and she changed it to an actual place-holder title which would have been 'Trans-Am' before making the final switch to 'Ultraviolence' but that's all speculation..

---

If I had to create a timeline out of what makes sense for me it would look something like this:

(Dates are when I think they would have actively been worked on)

Paradise (Random song version, including Hollywood's Dead, Damn You, Starry Eyed, JFK + others) [Feb 2012 - June 2012)

Tropico (Idea created + started recording songs for the intent of an album but was shut down by label for being too soon) [May 2012 - Dec 2012]

Paradise (Final) [Apr 2012 - Aug 2012]

-

Tropico (Album / EP) [Aug 2012 - Feb 2013] *Possibly Trans Am

Tropico EP (The film trio + I Talk To Jesus) [May 2013 - Sep 2013]

Rick Nowels' Ultraviolence (Album) [June 2013 - Dec 2013]

Tropico EP (Final, removal of ITTJ) [Sep 2013 - Oct 2013]

Ultraviolence (Final) [Dec 2013 - Mar 2014]

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

53 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Rick Nowels' Ultraviolence AKA Trans Am (Album) [June 2013 - Dec 2013]

btw, have u heard it was really trans am or just assumption, because i thought rick nowels' version of ultraviolence is also called ultraviolence, since she even mentioned this title in december 4 2013 on tropico film premier as her upcoming record, before even dan joined 

44 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

From my understanding, Paradise and Tropico were two different projects she was working on at the same time.

Paradise - An extension of Born To Die.

Tropico - An EP that was evolved into an album, then later scrapped and turned into Ultraviolence.

If I had to pin-point the moment the "Tropico" concept was scrapped I would guess it would have actually been around maybe March/April 2013 when she created West Coast. It's very obvious that was a turning point in her sound considering everything made before that doesn't sound like the stuff after that.

I feel like everyone is just assuming the Tropico trio (BE, G&M, Bel Air) was meant to be in Tropico, but we also have no solid proof for that like we do some other songs, it would be weird for Lana to do that but it's also something she would do :toofunny:

I also don't think it was just a place-holder because it stuck around for so long, I'm thinking it was the true title until Tropico (Film) was fully realized and she changed it to an actual place-holder title which would have been 'Trans-Am' before making the final switch to 'Ultraviolence' but that's all speculation..

---

If I had to create a timeline out of what makes sense for me it would look something like this:

(Dates are when I think they would have actively been worked on)

Paradise (Random song version, including Hollywood's Dead, Damn You, Starry Eyed, JFK + others) [Feb 2012 - June 2012)

Tropico (Idea created + started recording songs for the intent of an album but was shut down by label for being too soon) [May 2012 - Dec 2012]

Paradise (Final) [Apr 2012 - Aug 2012]

-

Tropico (Album / EP) [Aug 2012 - Feb 2013]

Tropico EP (The film trio + I Talk To Jesus) [May 2013 - Sep 2013]

Rick Nowels' Ultraviolence AKA Trans Am (Album) [June 2013 - Dec 2013]

Ultraviolence (Final) [Dec 2013 - Mar 2014]

Yeah, I agree that the post-film Tropico was really just a relic by that time. The TROPICO concept was clearly a "spiritual" theme/concept and she left it as working title but I don't think she was gonna release another EP or album with that title after the film.

Also Trans-Am is interesting because the album visuals for ULTRAVIOLENCE are all centered around a car.

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

btw, have u heard it was really trans am or just assumption, because i thought rick nowels' version of ultraviolence is also called ultraviolence, since she even mentioned this title in december 4 2013 on tropico film premier as her upcoming record, before even dan joined 

It's just an assumption to match up what The Love Witch was saying, but Trans-Am is also from January 2013 which is a whole 11 months away from the premiere so anything can change.

Trans-Am could actually be the Tropico (album) working/ place-holder title now that i'm thinking about it... :um2: (which also makes a lot more sense)

9 minutes ago, the ocean said:

didn't BOZ say in this thread that tropico album never even existed and it was just paradise > ultraviolence

Tropico album is Ultraviolence, just an early version of it

But it was not finalized or approved for anything in the least bit; it's more of a concept that evolved later into UV

Also this concept did indeed exist because 2012 MPG and I Talk to Jesus had "Tropico" in it's metadata

We also got a rough tracklist from those trans-am pics so I think it's safe to say it did exist even if it was never meant to be a final product

also, while we are at it, can u pls explain one more thing, that i remember also was asked by several users here

3 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

honeymouns posted these intended tracks for tropico ep
"I suspect the Tropico EP tracklist would have looked like this or something very similar:
Angels Forever, Forever Angels
Hollywood
JFK
Body Electric
Gods & Monsters
Money Power Glory (Demo, not the leaked one)
Tonight
Black Beauty (Demo)
I Talk To Jesus (Demo)
Bel Air"
do u consider these tracks also was like a early idea for tropico ep with paradise tracks? after boz explained everything about tropico, this tracklist is the only thing that bothers me, should i tag it in masterpost that tropico ep initially started as an album (different from tropico uv concept)? i hope icould explain it cuz this one honeymounz trackist really not letting me sleep:ohno:

3 hours ago, 111 said:

i didnt read the whole conversation around this but if there are any doubts i talk to jesus 2012 was being considered for tropikoo

So the 2012 version was mistakenly labeled as paradise version or it was supposed to be on both paradise and tropico? @111

17 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

also, while we are at it, can u pls explain one more thing, that i remember also was asked by several users here

honeymouns posted these intended tracks for tropico ep
"I suspect the Tropico EP tracklist would have looked like this or something very similar:
Angels Forever, Forever Angels
Hollywood
JFK
Body Electric
Gods & Monsters
Money Power Glory (Demo, not the leaked one)
Tonight
Black Beauty (Demo)
I Talk To Jesus (Demo)
Bel Air"
do u consider these tracks also was like a early idea for tropico ep with paradise tracks? after boz explained everything about tropico, this tracklist is the only thing that bothers me, should i tag it in masterpost that tropico ep initially started as an album (different from tropico uv concept)? i hope icould explain it cuz this one honeymounz trackist really not letting me sleep:ohno:

That was a speculation, knowing what we know now i'd say it's not that accurate since it was confusing Tropico for being apart of paradise instead of UV

MPG, Tonight, ITTJ, and maybe Hollywood are the only ones that really make sense for tropico tbh