partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

37 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

could somebody clarify which years each version of i talk to jesus are from?

The 5:42 version and 3:31 version (the laptop demo) are from 2012 and according to boz and @111 the 5:42 version was from tropico

(but we always considered it as paradise version so I asked @111 if it was considered for both paradise and tropico)

The 6:03 version is from 2014 (uv version)

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

43 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

That was a speculation, knowing what we know now i'd say it's not that accurate since it was confusing Tropico for being apart of paradise instead of UV

MPG, Tonight, ITTJ, and maybe Hollywood are the only ones that really make sense for tropico tbh 

yeah i agree! thank u so much:kiss3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, Trash Magic said:

Old Money has always been a hard skip for me I can’t imagine it being an album opener like it was on her notepad :rip:

what- :flop:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

17 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Tropico album is Ultraviolence, just an early version of it

But it was not finalized or approved for anything in the least bit; it's more of a concept that evolved later into UV

Also this concept did indeed exist because 2012 MPG and I Talk to Jesus had "Tropico" in it's metadata

We also got a rough tracklist from those trans-am pics so I think it's safe to say it did exist even if it was never meant to be a final product

Where can i find the trans am tracklist?

11 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Old Money has always been a hard skip for me I can’t imagine it being an album opener like it was on her notepad :rip:

Delete. Just delete :usrsney: Immediately :usrsney:

On 1/3/2023 at 8:33 PM, BlackoutZone said:

What I see here and what seems to make sense by what existed in January 2013 already:

1. Old Money?
2. Black Beauty?
3.  ??
4. Lake Placid
5. Summertime
6. Melancholia
7. Jesus (ITTJ)
8. Pink Champagne - this is the original name of Let Me Love You Like A Woman demo
9. Elvis

10. Earthquakes

and further I can't read, but it Guns n Roses, Money Power Glory and maybe Cherry Blossom I'd expect to be on such draft from that time as well

@blackpalmtrees

in post about best american record boz said

Spoiler

BOZ: This is something I'd gladly discuss, but it would be mostly speculations mixed with facts.

Rich Lee was commissioned to direct music videos for 2 first singles of LFL - Love and The Next Best American Record. Love was obviously done first and sometime in late 2016/early 2017, before BAR video was recorded, someone must have either hacked or scammed Rich obtaining Love music video as well as reference audio for the BAR music video. This led to both spreading and leaking causing massive drama behind the scenes and ultimately scrapping BAR as a whole. We are "lucky" they only leaked this late, cause who knows if that happened earlier Lana might have never recorded the MV at all.

There is however the other side/reason to it that might be even stronger imo. The original TNBAR version is clearly shady and putting a lot of guilt on Barrie for the fall of their relationship. I feel like later at that time she came to realization that she might have been too hard on him - or even more, perhaps they happened to meet/talk and become friends on good terms again. The BAR video was built fully around the lyrics of the demo so when she realized she definitely wouldn't release that song without changing its narrative, the music video must be discarded. Since it was a really good visual that Lana loved and it would be a waste to just scrap it, they reused it for White Mustang. But yes, the full video was ready to be put out for The Next Best American Record.

This also might be one of the reasons for other LFL tracklist changes, but I don't know that.

what he meant by "reference audio for he BAR video", and what reference audio means in particular and may reference tracks be finalized songs? or its far from being final

5 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

The OM demo makes a lot more sense as an opener compared to UV version actually... but still a weird choice

Unfortunately it was stripped of all it's chaotic glory and turned into a pure piano ballad 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

1 hour ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

The OM demo makes a lot more sense as an opener compared to UV version actually... but still a weird choice

Unfortunately it was stripped of all it's chaotic glory and turned into a pure piano ballad 

I'm gonna need the assistance of some audio to change my mind

qaadir-qaadirhoward.gif

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

omg i love your song edge of seventeen

2 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

well leak it moo12 

4 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

in post about best american record boz said

Reveal hidden contents

BOZ: This is something I'd gladly discuss, but it would be mostly speculations mixed with facts.

Rich Lee was commissioned to direct music videos for 2 first singles of LFL - Love and The Next Best American Record. Love was obviously done first and sometime in late 2016/early 2017, before BAR video was recorded, someone must have either hacked or scammed Rich obtaining Love music video as well as reference audio for the BAR music video. This led to both spreading and leaking causing massive drama behind the scenes and ultimately scrapping BAR as a whole. We are "lucky" they only leaked this late, cause who knows if that happened earlier Lana might have never recorded the MV at all.

There is however the other side/reason to it that might be even stronger imo. The original TNBAR version is clearly shady and putting a lot of guilt on Barrie for the fall of their relationship. I feel like later at that time she came to realization that she might have been too hard on him - or even more, perhaps they happened to meet/talk and become friends on good terms again. The BAR video was built fully around the lyrics of the demo so when she realized she definitely wouldn't release that song without changing its narrative, the music video must be discarded. Since it was a really good visual that Lana loved and it would be a waste to just scrap it, they reused it for White Mustang. But yes, the full video was ready to be put out for The Next Best American Record.

This also might be one of the reasons for other LFL tracklist changes, but I don't know that.

what he meant by "reference audio for he BAR video", and what reference audio means in particular and may reference tracks be finalized songs? or its far from being final

I think “reference audio” simply means that Rich was given the song ahead of time so that he could better understand Lana’s vision for the video (since it was very much driven by the narrative of the song), and thus, help Lana plot specific scenes at specific points of the song. It could be that Lana would have made changes to the song even afterwards, but probably only in production since the video they filmed was supposed to match the lyrics of the original version. Since the instrumental in the final version on NFR is the same as the original version, I doubt she planned to make any changes, and that “reference audio”/the leak we got in February 2017 is the final version of the original. 

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think “reference audio” simply means that Rich was given the song ahead of time so that we could better understand Lana’s vision for video (since it was very much driven by the narrative of the song), and thus, help Lana plot specific scenes at specific points of the song. It could be that Lana would have made changes to the song even afterwards, but probably only in production since the video they filmed was supposed to match the lyrics of the original version. Since the instrumental in the final version on NFR is the same as the original version, I doubt she planned to make any changes, and that “reference audio”/the leak we got in February 2017 is the final version of the original. 

oh thanks and....well thats quite accurate idea lmao she actually relased this song not changing anything besides chorus so its most definitely the final indeed:oprah2: ur mind...