partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

wait so what tracks from the sampler did make the album

The songs featured on the album sampler that did make the final cut are "National Anthem", "Born to Die", "Hey Lolita Hey", "Million Dollar Man", "Video Games", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Carmen" and "Blue Jeans".

Just now, 111 said:

"National Anthem", "Born to Die", "Hey Lolita Hey", "Million Dollar Man", "Video Games", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Carmen" and "Blue Jeans".

ok so two more questions:

1. do we know the tracklist ordering of the sampler?

2. are people hoarding the lossless versions from the sampler bc im assuming people got the songs in the first place bc of a cd but im probably misunderstanding something

53 minutes ago, 111 said:

when i had yail (months before it started spreading alongside BAR) lana asked me specifically if i had BAR as well

it was a crazy fucking time, she said she wouldn't tell me the title (which i only figured after i got BAR months later) but she said "you did it all for fame" is a lyric from the title track of the next album and if i had anything like that. we kept in touch for a while after that and i was the first person to notify her of BAR and YAIL video starting to spread when i got them. people constantly blamed me for the lust for life stuff even though it was some dudes in new york who sourced those two from i assume to be some universal employee and FBI was involved. by the time i was passed those files they were already spreading around like crazy. i had yail and something real stems for like 8-9 months before that and never shared with anyone. :smokes3:

omg BAR tea is such a pleasure thing to get, thank u:legend: btw dont you know how much time she worked on heroin? as far as i remember, u mentioned Demo to be from december 2015, but how much time did it take for final version to happen? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

2. are people hoarding the lossless versions from the sampler bc im assuming people got the songs in the first place bc of a cd but im probably misunderstanding something

i dont have it but im sure it was posted on lanaboards at some point, no it wasnt a CD sampler it was sent to the guardian digitally but definitely don't know how

6 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

i believe you can find the tracklist of the sampler within the first 10 pages or so of the minor questions thread

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i believe you can find the tracklist of the sampler in the first 10 pages of the minor questions thread

found it! here's the tracklist for people who dont wanna look 

1. National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)
  2. Born to Die (Emile Haynie)
  3. Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
  4. Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)
  5. Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)
  6. Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)
  7. Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
  8. Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
  9. Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)
  10. This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)
  11. Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
  12. Are You Ready? (Eg White)
  13. Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)
  14. You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
  15. Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
  16. Carmen (Justin Parker)
  17. Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
  18. Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

kinda pissed driving in cars with boys wasnt reworked for the album, would've been a better bonus track than lucky ones tbh

1 minute ago, nikkilane77 said:

does anyone know where the Dan Grech Mix of Lolita came from? she literally uses that version mixed with the final in live performances

either her or ben's soundcloud? that was available pretty early on i wanna say in 2011, usually at that time we got stuff through youtube or soundcloud 

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

everything after self titled was made could be assumed to be recorded for an album in mind, but we don't know what she actually intended to keep or pitch to other artists. we don't know if she was just making something for fun, for other people or to put it all together on a record. we had an album sampler or promo tracklist type of thing sent to a publication and that's the best list we have of what to consider btd outtakes but truly there's no clear answer for this and it's just a rabbit hole. it has been extensively discussed a decade ago and it's like... who tf knows

anyways these were the tracks on that sampler that did not make the album, the rest made it on there

"Are You Ready?"

"Driving in Cars with Boys"

"Hundred Dollar Bill"

"Kinda Outta Luck"

"Live or Die"

"Paris"

"Puppy Love"

"Put the Radio On"

"You Can Be the Boss"

Put the Radio On supremacy come through! That song should’ve been on the album, most of these too.

Just now, 111 said:

either her or ben's soundcloud? that was available pretty early on i wanna say in 2011, usually at that time we got stuff through youtube or soundcloud 

I see, it's such a weird thing that he made a mix of Lolita because iirc he was only involved in the album mixing? 

3 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I see, it's such a weird thing that he made a mix of Lolita because iirc he was only involved in the album mixing? 

maybe his version was an early mix of sorts? perhaps he just really liked it and decided to upload it, it's interesting to think that the album version of lolita could've originally had those elements from the first demo, i think the demo versions are so much better than what we have on the album, it's a bit of a shame, honestly

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, nikkilane77 said:

i dont really know how it all came together but maybe he was first involved with taking a shot at lolita and his version was being considered until emile haynie took over the album and they just liked dan enough to get him to do the mixing for a bunch of album stuff. that album has dozens of people involved it's a fucking mess to try and understand the lore of it but i'm sure bozo can illuminate us with some fun fax!

Just now, 111 said:

i dont really know how it all came together but maybe he was first involved with taking a shot at lolita and his version was being considered until emile haynie took over the album and they just liked dan enough to get him to do the mixing for a bunch of album stuff. that album has dozens of people involved it's a fucking mess to try and understand the lore of it but i'm sure bozo can illuminate us with some fun fax!

it's such a mess because I'm pretty sure some "demos" are actually final versions that were considered at some point before Emile hopped in... so many people involved in this album

9 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

kinda pissed driving in cars with boys wasnt reworked for the album, would've been a better bonus track than lucky ones tbh

DICWB is the first song that really got me into lana and made me do a deep dive into her discography for the first time, it still holds up to this day, it deserved to be reworked for BTD so much

12 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

if it had been reworked I'm pretty sure Emile would remove the drums and all the vibes :biblio: like he did with Lucky Ones

Just now, nikkilane77 said:

it's such a mess because I'm pretty sure some "demos" are actually final versions that were considered at some point before Emile hopped in... so many people involved in this album

well that just starts the discussion on what you consider to be the meaning of "demo" and that opens up a whole can of worms and another rabbit hole... :tommy: im sure u can find posts from evilentity and a bunch of other OGs pretty much having this conversation like a decade ago in some lanaboards deep dives 

1 minute ago, 111 said:

well that just starts the discussion on what you consider to be the meaning of "demo" and that opens up a whole can of worms and another rabbit hole... :tommy: im sure u can find posts from evilentity and a bunch of other OGs pretty much having this conversation like a decade ago in some lanaboards deep dives 

true... I guess nowadays we call everything that's different from the final version a demo but if we get deeper into that some stuff is more like alternative mixes and such