partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

DICWB is the first song that really got me into lana and made me do a deep dive into her discography for the first time, it still holds up to this day, it deserved to be reworked for BTD so much

on the topic of reworkings, Afraid would’ve fit absolutely amazingly on Paradise if it were re-produced and re-recorded to be cohesive with the rest of that project

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

on the topic of reworkings, Afraid would’ve fit absolutely amazingly on Paradise if it were re-produced and re-recorded to be cohesive with the rest of that project

I agree! same thing about You & Me specially since it's a Dan Heath song it could've gotten a really good reworked production.

3 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I agree! same thing about You & Me specially since it's a Dan Heath song it could've gotten a really good reworked production.

atrocious song, boring and weird. should have known it was produced by dan from all the strings and no interesting structure. he really is a great strings composer but he can't produce a proper full production, his work ends up feeling too orchestral with no "pop" flavour. if rick had produced life is beautiful it would have been far more dynamic. he shouldnt be producing anything on his own, he's a composer first and foremost

2 minutes ago, 111 said:

atrocious song, boring and weird. should have known it was produced by dan from all the strings and no interesting structure. he really is a great strings composer but he can't produce a proper full production, his work ends up feeling too orchestral with no "pop" flavour. if rick had produced life is beautiful it would have been far more dynamic. he shouldnt be producing anything on his own, he's a composer first and foremost

No words 

3 minutes ago, 111 said:

I agree in some part... he's one of those producers that always needs a co-producer to save his songs because otherwise they'll be flavourless

You & Me could've easily been saved by removing those atrocious drums (he didn't know what he was doing by adding that shit)

3 minutes ago, 111 said:

you have time to delete this

12 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Never thought about this omg that would've been amazing :lange:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

9 minutes ago, 111 said:

you better start campaigning for worst taste as well!

WGe8ynS.gif

one thing that has always intrigued me a lot are the considered original titles for BTD like... we need more tea on these

1. G. B. A. (God Bless America)
  2. The Best of Lana Del Rey
  3. The Revenge of Lana Del Rey
  4. The World is Ours
  5. Do You Luv Me Yet?

1 minute ago, nikkilane77 said:

one thing that has always intrigued me a lot are the considered original titles for BTD like... we need more tea on these

4. The World is Ours
  5. Do You Luv Me Yet?

she just said them on an interview, saying they were in rotation in her mind lol not much tea there

21 minutes ago, 111 said:

The audacity to insult the man who gave us the song "Ultraviolence" and "Old Money" :hdu:. I agree about "You & Me" being a bit of a boring song, tho.

But yeah, he's more of a composer than a producer. His string arrangement on songs like "Ride", "Gods & Monsters" is top notch. But he's better as a 'working as a team' kind of guy.

22 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

you better start campaigning for worst taste as well!

Oop!

6 minutes ago, americangothic said:

The audacity to insult the man who gave us the song "Ultraviolence" and "Old Money" :hdu:. I agree about "You & Me" being a bit of a boring song, tho.

But yeah, he's more of a composer than a producer. His string arrangement on songs like "Ride", "Gods & Monsters" is top notch. But he's better as a 'working as a team' kind of guy.

Exactly. It's just different as composer vs. producer, but his contributions to her catalog have been nothing less than fantastic; to even suggest anything else is sheer delusion. The melodic and other aspects are good too lol

12 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

4. The World is Ours
  5. Do You Luv Me Yet?

I'm actually creating two separate album worth of 2010-2011 leaked tracks using the names The Revenge of Lana Del Rey (for tracks like Jealous Girl, Is It Wrong?, St Tropez) and The World Is Ours (for tracks like Never Let Me Go, Afraid, Queen of Disaster). Mind you these "albums" are almost 30 tracks long, plus I have a BTD Outtakes album too

12 minutes ago, americangothic said:

The audacity to insult the man who gave us the song "Ultraviolence" and "Old Money" :hdu:.

Yes and don't forget Y&B orchestral version :bebe:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

7 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

I'm actually creating two separate album worth of 2010-2011 leaked tracks using the names The Revenge of Lana Del Rey (for tracks like Jealous Girl, Is It Wrong?, St Tropez) and The World Is Ours (for tracks like Never Let Me Go, Afraid, Queen of Disaster). Mind you these "albums" are almost 30 tracks long, plus I have a BTD Outtakes album too

I think the titles G.B.A, The World is Ours and Do You Luv Me Yet? are very fitting of the tracks from those years

27 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

4. The World is Ours
  5. Do You Luv Me Yet?

these are funny to me because the album really couldn’t have been called anything but Born to Die, it just couldn’t have been. Born to Die and Ultraviolence are the only lana albums that i think their given titles were the only reasonable option in existence, i just can’t see them being called anything else like all of the other albums could've been